South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Hes get small reverse swing as mentioned nothing serious like Flintoff, Akram and co. It was good to hear that hes still working on the swinging delivery and not given up on it like I thought he did.

Hes get small reverse swing as mentioned nothing serious like Flintoff, Akram and co. It was good to hear that hes still working on the swinging delivery and not given up on it like I thought he did.

If he learns to swing properly, oooohhhh he will be deadly.

Is S Clark playing tomorrow's match?

Hes ruled out for the summer. I'm pretty sure the selectors will pick the spinner for the back end of the match where the pitch will take turn. And as much as I want Hilfy I can't see them dropping Siddle so unless he or Lee stands up we won't be winning.

1. Pretty dumb decision to pick Siddle in the first place.

2. But now they have picked him, it would be bad selection dropping him after 1 bad performance, so they'll play him.

3. But if we play him he'll struggle again and as a result we'll lose.

In conclusion, the selection of Peter Siddle has cost us the series.

With Siddle in team, we will loose this test match too ;) Good decission :rolleyes:

If he learns to swing properly, oooohhhh he will be deadly.

you cannot learn to swing the ball ,he will have to re model his action and wrist position which will lead to drop in pace .so he is better with this action
allthough he can improve his seam position which is the worst in the world

Cricket_god added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I've seen Johnson reverse swing it.

In his 2nd Test against Sri Lanka, he had Kumar Sangakkara plumb in the second innings but it wasn't given out and Sangakkara went onto score 190 odd.

he will not get reverse swing as the seam is scrambled so the shiny side is
facing the sky or the ground so no movement.

Cricket_god added 2 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

1. Pretty dumb decision to pick Siddle in the first place.

2. But now they have picked him, it would be bad selection dropping him after 1 bad performance, so they'll play him.

3. But if we play him he'll struggle again and as a result we'll lose.

In conclusion, the selection of Peter Siddle has cost us the series.

one player doesnot cost a series ,what do you expect of a rookie when your
attack depends on a leftarmer who has one mode of dismissal for wickets that too mostly batsman errors.lee is the one who is underperforming

I expect Australia to bounce back strongly tomorrow, but I still feel like South Africa is going to take the match and the series. I'm going to go ahead and say I'll prefer to see Australia lose than for India to hold on to #2. :D

I think we need to be playing players based on form more. Brett Lee, Matthew Hayden and Peter Siddle aren't in form, as well as Hauritz being plain old useless.

Australia would be much better off playing blokes who are in good form such as Klinger, Rogers or Hughes instead of Hayden and playing blokes like Nannes, Hilfenhaus, Geeves, Wright ect. instead of those 3.

We're still living in the good old days where we didn't have to worry about the make-up of the team because it pretty much picked itself with all players in form.

Form aside, it's a big deal to just throw around baggie greens. If they're going to make a change, it'd better be a pretty permanent one. That said, they should give their younger bowlers a little more time.

Lee needs to get back in form,its high time,Ausies need him badly,he is their main bowler..
Merry X'mas to all members & guests who visit Planetcricket.

Form aside, it's a big deal to just throw around baggie greens. If they're going to make a change, it'd better be a pretty permanent one. That said, they should give their younger bowlers a little more time.

If you're referring to Krejza I disagree. His debut match was a combination of heavily spinning Indian wicket and a fluke, and also remember he went for 215 runs in that first innings as well. I knew that he would be useless in any future tests and that it was the correct decision initially to not play him.

I see prince didn't quite recover in time. Still pretty sure JP will be able to continue his good performance from the first test. Rest of the side is as expected. Expect Steyn to have a better game .

Oh no not Ntini again. And Hayden career draws closer and closer to an end. There was nothing in this pitch similar to the WACA but Ntini grabs a Johnson like wicket.

Well Haydens given his wicket away then, looking forward to this match, Am staying up all night for it :D

Users who are viewing this thread