South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Great century by Ponting, Played aggressively and dominated the attack but Harrow you beut, always seam to get a wicket somewhere.

Aus 210/4,Ponting has contributed 101 runs in that,Aus needs a good partnership here,they still have plenty of time,they should min get to 350-400

Clarke doesn't look that comfy at the crease. Symonds can throw away his wicket at any moment in any match. So South Africa just need to keep pushing here and see if they can expose the "tail" (aka extended lower order) tonight.

Symmo gone! Aus loosing wickets,similar to what had happened in 1st test,they are loosing wickets at regular intervals,what is happening to Aus,they are playing playing too loose i feel,i mean when you look at Aus normally they are so mentally strong and play so well in any situation,but last few months they are not looking that strong..

Great century by Ponting, but since Symonds is out, I would say it's an even score now. Hussey didn't get a score again.

De ja vu of the 1st test again. Really hope Clarke and Haddin go on to make 100s in particular Clarke, if he throws his wicket away here it'll be much worst than the 1st test cause there he didn't take so long to make those runs.

My prediction is Clarke is batting himself into a dead end. He's faced so many balls and has such little runs in comparison, I think he'll boil under the pressure and lose his wicket.

Unless he turns in to Dravid and gets 50 off like 1,000,000 balls or whatever he does :p

Clarke & Haddin building a much needed partnership here,still 11 overs left in days play,from Aus point of view they should stay there till stumps,but day belongs to SA.

Haddin & Clarke should be there till stumps...Ponting played really well,katich also did a good job but all other bastman failed,and failed badly..

Clarke certainly is showing great patience here, if he can go on this will give him a world of confidence. He then just needs to combine this patience with his natural stroke play.

Clarke's really struggling here hasn't been able to get it off the square all day. I took a 2 hour nap between 1530 and 1730 and between then he scored like 15 runs or something. But the good thing is that he stuck at it and prevented a real collapse, hopefully he can make some hay tomorrow.

Not again, again our batters get starts but all out again. With our bowling attack, I fear SA will once again expose our weak bowlers and show the batters that this is far from a under 400 pitch.

Haddin is just out before stumps and I would say that South Africa has the advantage now.

Australia got 277-6 at the end of the day and it's not a bad score though. They could make it more then 350 runs from here. Steyn was bowling 148-149 kmh balls at the end of the over.

Last edited:
Haddin gone,just 1.3 overs were left in day's play....Aus really on backfoot for now,they need to get to atleast 350,and bowl well,Lee has said he will bowl at 150kmph,in last match he bowled at 146kmph,and he will give his best this match,lets hope he bowls well,Aus needs him badly...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread