South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Now what the selectors need to do is not drop Hauritz and Siddle. How are they going to get confidence if they get dropped after one match, like Krejza? Siddle's bowled excellent, 2/14 from 7 overs, and handy with the bat, and Hauritz has gotten a fair bit of turn and kept the ball up the pitch.

Siddle had bowled well,and that too at good pace,close to 145-147kmph,and also contributed with bat...

If Aus get 1-2 wicket here before stumps,then this day will definately belong to them,0 wickets to Lee so far,he is trying hard..

ON YA SID! lol... first bowler in history to appeal for a bowled lol

With Siddle in team, we will loose this test match too ;) Good decission :rolleyes:

Inbox24 said:
1. Pretty dumb decision to pick Siddle in the first place.

2. But now they have picked him, it would be bad selection dropping him after 1 bad performance, so they'll play him.

3. But if we play him he'll struggle again and as a result we'll lose.

In conclusion, the selection of Peter Siddle has cost us the series.
Thank god you two aren't on the selection panel.

I told you all before Siddle made his Test debut in India that his capable of destroying world-class batting lineups. Looks like I'm right as per usual.

Lee could be playing his final game at Sydney the way Siddle is going. Looks like we won't be seeing a swing bowler in England though :(

I think Hilfenhaus will make the next couple of tours. They obviously think well of him.

Hauritz again enticing the batsman to take a risk. Boucher will be kicking himself for such a poor deployment of the horizontal shot, but Hauritz is bowling a spell of epic frustration.

Hauritz picked up big wicket of Boucher,Aus still have 18 overs in hand,they would like to get more 1-2 wickets

Hauritz is going really nicely, we were expecting way too much from our spinners. This is all we should be expecting from our spinner, keeping it tight and taking a few wickets.

I'm not surprised Hauritz is keeping it so tight, thats what he does. Good to see him getting wickets too. Great bowling by Siddle as well.

Syl, Johnson has been getting a bit of swing, notably the one that swung in late to Smith and nearly bowled him.

Hauritz is going really nicely, we were expecting way too much from our spinners. This is all we should be expecting from our spinner, keeping it tight and taking a few wickets.
And he keeps the over-rate up over 15 per hour.

Exceptional day of cricket this. Australia batted very well initially and allowed themselves to get to a good first innings total. Then the bowlers came together and bowled with a lot of discipline and fervour and reduced South Africa to 198 for 7. Smith batted very well but he couldn't avoid the trouble that has befallen South Africa. Tomorrow will be an interesting day of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread