South Africa in England

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Do you get extra points because we are beating a side that is second place in the odi rankings?

Yes. The better the side the more 'weighted' the points are. Also, based on last series result. For instance, if you beat Bangladesh/West Indies 5-0 last time around but only beat them 4-1 in the next series you'd lose points. Unless of course one of the sides has drastically shot up the table. Which Bangladesh and West Indies haven't. Which is why I think irottev could be wrong about NZs next 2 series pushing them up to 2nd, though I may be wrong. I presume they whitewashes Bangladesh in their last series, what about vs the WI?

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
By the looks of the ICC site, it has SA at 2 and England then New Zealand on equal points. Weird.

That actually makes sense I think...there was a huge gap between SA and 3rd place so it makes sense that the gap just closed up quite dramatically. At one point Australia were like 40 points clear of England - would be stupid to think that a team can make up 40 points simply by beating a better team since a team rarely makes up more than 3 points by winning a series (speculating on the amount of points you gain for a win but overhauling a better team who is way further up in the ranking is kinda stupid).

irottev

School Cricketer
There wasn't a huge gap when I looked at the start of the series. Australia were out a mile and then the next bunch were all close. Oh well, that's rankings for you.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Smith won't return until he's 100% ready

Graeme Smith has said he will not damage his chances of featuring in the upcoming away and home series against Australia by making a hasty return to the game. Smith, suffering from tennis elbow, is set to consult a surgeon next week and "conservative" medical advice suggests he might be only fit in time for the first Test against Australia in Perth, which starts on December 17.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/368356.html

He is not only good bastman but also a dood captain,SA will definately miss him,though winning tests series in AUS is difficult for any team.
India defeated AUS in AUS (not series,only a match),where AUS lost their 1st Match in Aus in 5 years,that too they lost earlier to India in 2003.So India has defeated in 2003,2007,no other team.

SA is a good team.Lets wait and watch and hope for a exiting series.

Users who are viewing this thread