South African Tour of India 2010

When people can't support their arguments, they turn to personal attacks.
Absolutely right there!

Well these quick wickets will now hurt Indians and may well come in their way of winning the match. I'm hoping for Laxman to guide us tomorrow as he has been playing quite well with the tail. Not sure about Dhoni though.

I agree with you USer 2010.

Dhoni's batting is bit a worrying factor. I think he needs to play like Sehwag thats quck

People say Yuvraj as Epic Fail in Tests But Badri just only to play in ranji!! He is too old thats the reason. :p

He is EPIC FAIL and More Then Yuvraj

You really don't know anything about Indian cricket, or cricket in general if you say that. He batted superbly on debut when South Africa was on a roll. He has played just 3 innings. He has done enough in domestic cricket to warrant a few more chances than that.

Lol @ 99%

There are circumstances where you might trip starting a run, the fielder swoops quickly and throws a bullet return which hits the stumps, a batsman is trying to farm the strike with the tail, get unlucky when a deflection hits the bowler and gets you run out at the non-strikers' end, so sometimes there are exceptional circumstances whereby a run out is excusable.

Perhaps knock it down to 90%-99%. But in mid-innings, calling mix-ups are unforgivable.

Very good tons from Sachin & Sehwag,but I'm a little bit worried about the 3 wickets in the final session.We need a 150+ lead to win this game comfortably and it seems possible now.

I thought Badrinath was going to look a heck of a lot better than he has. Looked technically all over the place today against Steyn. His feet were barely moving, he looked a massive lbw candidate and I don't know what on earth happened with his technique for the delivery that got him out. Mark Butcher described him as a 'walking wicket' today, and that pretty much sums it up. So much for the Hussey of Indian cricket.

I didn't. That's the first innings of Badrinath I've seen, and it wasn't pretty. If he looks as bad as that often, then I don't see him having much of a Test career, especially outside the subcontinent.

Sachin & Sehwag :hpraise :hpraise the duo are fantastic when they get going.

Dale Steyn :clap the Badri bowled was too good.

I see India winning this one. :)

Catches winning matches/series and jp probably dropped the series for us. Good fightback from the boys but that miss and the ab has really cost us big after the batsmen let us down. Still good effort from the boys stick in there. Need to finish of india for no more than a 100 lead to have any chance of winning/saving the game.

Good umpiring today call harris for wides. Ball wasn't spinning so it was the wrong way to bowl. Smith should have tried jp earlier as well.

ZAK currently has his number and he is struggling with his hand so I have my doudts.

Pretty interesting how the Smith/Boucher injuries have indirectly caused us to flop so badly. If Smith hadnt been injured then JP wouldnt have been in a position to drop the catch and Sehwag would have been gone and had Boucher been in the stumping would have been taken.

Not making excuses but just shows how unsettling it has been. But Duminy's days are counted now....he CERTAINLY can not remain in the team for much longer and the fact that him and Prince bat in succession probably perpetuated the collapse.

Alviro has looked good, Ive wanted him in the side for a while now and he's proved his mettle. Hopefully Duminy gets sent to domestic to find his form again and they keep Prince at 6 once Boucher gets back.

Pretty good comeback in the end but it might be a bit too late now....we need to wrap up the next 5 wickets for probably under 30 runs to even give us a slight chance here, anything above 100 will just see us choke again. Hopefully Steyn and them can start off getting some movement early on so we can get the guys out cheaply. Im not sure how good the pitch will be tomorrow but probably the last day we will see a relatively good batting track. Regarding the first innings, for once I think we didnt choke. Might look different on paper but I actually think we were completely over confident - either way it was shockingly bad.

And finally Harris needs to get a grip he bowled 12 freekin wides today, which is absolutely ridiculous. Even fast bowlers should be slapped around when they do that in a test match and if you're a spinner its just unforgivable.

What do you say Stefan? Whats our chances of saving this one? Im pretty pessimistic to be honest....

Last edited:
We should play as though were at 45/5, and not 340ish/5. Try and scrape up to 150ish, and the aim to shoot out RSA for as much as possible.

A lot lies on VVS, MSD, and Mishra/Zak/Bhajji.

Looks like I missed some spicy discussion.

Really sad that Badri was bowled, was it right before close? Why was Mishra not sent out instead of Badri? Or is the nightwatchman only used to protect Dhoni's wicket?

Also good news that Yudi is banned, the intelligence level of the forum just went up a few hundred points.

Users who are viewing this thread