South African Tour of India 2010

That was a brand new pitch/stadium though, so it's not entirely unexpected.

Now it's an absolute belter in ODIs.

The pitch off late has been having better (actually good) bounce and carry. It will be great for run making because the pitch wont have sideways movement but the fast bowlers should also extract some help from it because of the bounce and carry.

That is, if the same pitch on which the ODI's were played, is retained. Even if the pitch from that match which Hmarka is referring to is used, it would be good enough as India won by 172 runs at that time against Australia.

This Indian side will be a bit more circumspect against the spinners. Dravid is obviously a loss and if Laxman doesn't make the cut, we might be troubled by South Africa's spinners.

From what I remember Steyn did not have too great an outing in India last time (barring the innigns where India collapsed for 70 odd) There will be a lot of pressure on Morkel and the 3rd seamer if they are to make up for the lack of a quality spinner.

The Indian spinners should do most of the damage, will be a tough ask for the SA seamers to match them

He picked up 15 wickets @ 20 in 3 matches in India last time and was the most successful fast bowler in the series.

This Indian side will be a bit more circumspect against the spinners. Dravid is obviously a loss and if Laxman doesn't make the cut, we might be troubled by South Africa's spinners.

Laxman will make the cut, I'm sure. India haven't named a backup batsman, so seems likely.

if Mithun plays Ishant Sharma's career is over as that guy is just phenomenal. Got bounce on dead Indian wickets.

He picked up 15 wickets @ 20 in 3 matches in India last time and was the most successful fast bowler in the series.

THose numbers are a bit skewed because of that one innings where India made 70 odd. The rest of the matches Steyn barely took wickets

Steyn alone cannot do anything. He will need support and I do not see the potential in RSA bowling on Indian pitches.

England showed this on good batting tracks they got in RSA.

No Yuvi may actually be a boon more than a blow, but Dravid is definitely a missing piece.

Sreesanth is injured for this series. Our bowlers are looking like Bhajji, Zak, Mishra and Ishant, of who only Ishant hasn't scored a Test 50. But they're definitely not comparable to the Aussie/English tail.

Sssshhhh, we need to have an excuse if we lose.

Gauti
Sehwag
Vijay
Sachin
Badrinath
MS Dhoni
I dont know
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Mishra
Mithun

Gauti
Sehwag
Vijay
Sachin
Badrinath
MS Dhoni
I dont know
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Mishra
Mithun

I agree with this team. I still don't think Ishant has regained his form and it's a good idea to give this guy a try. Can't be worse than Ishant :p

Also I would swap Ojha for Bhaji. For the extra batsman, I thought Laxman was still playing? In that case he would probably bat 3.

Users who are viewing this thread