South African Tour of India 2010

We need Bhajji more for his batting skills.

Bhajji is of no use if he isn't taking wickets. Lately, he seems to be bowling just for the sake of it. I'd like to see him bowl to pick wickets rather than contain the batsmen or even get into controversies.

Normally I want Bhajji out of side but RSA play him defensively and yes we need his batting skills in this series.

Remember his batting contribution against Aussies.

yes we need his batting skills in this series.

I don't get what you are on about. We need him to take wickets. That's his main job. Batsmen are there to make runs.

I think Twenty20 cricket has confused Harbhajan more than it has confused anyone else.

This! I agree completely. Twenty20 and the idea to bowl flat and fast and restrict runs has completely crippled Bhajji. Most of his deliveries are flat and fast that dont let batsmen score that much but are not threatening at all (and now batsmen are finding ways to still score off him). Bhajji needs to be dropped from T20 cricket and needs to focus on test and ODI cricket.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Normally I want Bhajji out of side but RSA play him defensively and yes we need his batting skills in this series.

They wont drop him against SA for sure. He enjoys the reputation of being the 'next in line after Kumble' and so he will continue for some more time. Also he got some wickets against SL at home and his reputation at home is even bigger. So he will surely stay!

What we need more than anything right now is an aggressive spinner in the Kumble mould. Harbhajan used to be quite attacking but has lost it off late.

Ojha seems to be in over his head in Tests. Mishra I think can be a bit hit or miss.

Ojha is my man. He's one of those spinners that will bowl well and take wickets on any surface.

This is my favourite non Aussie clash, I do agree with Mishra but he is still quality imo and one of my favourite legspinners in world cricket.

Cricketman said:
What we need more than anything right now is an aggressive spinner in the Kumble mould.

What's your take on Piyush Chawla, Rohit? Yeah, he didn't look threatening in the limited number of Tests and ODIs he has played, but I've heard that he is performing superbly for an English county side. Would love to see him back in action.

What's your take on Piyush Chawla, Rohit? Yeah, he didn't look threatening in the limited number of Tests and ODIs he has played, but I've heard that he is performing superbly for an English county side. Would love to see him back in action.

He's performed in the Ranji season as well. He took 32 wickets in 14 innings at an average of 27.56. In the group stage matches, there are usually very very flat tracks that aren't result oriented at all, so I would consider that a good performance. On a sidenote, he also scored 320 runs in 11 innings at an average of 32 with 3 fifties.

I really see him as a long term prospect for India. Loads of talent.

Same here, just can't wait long enough :happy

Would`ve been a cracker if SA did not want to rush back home so soon. We could have had a longer test series.

I just want to see Tendulkar bat against a worthy opposition, score a lot of tuns, and remind Ponting who's the boss.

Tendulkar has proven enough, and doesn't really need to remind anyone anything. Only if the majority of his fans realized that.

I'm just looking forward to seeing his elegant shots.

Users who are viewing this thread