South African Tour of India 2010

Sorry. This is taking far too much credit away from the bowlers. I did not see anything wrong with the umpiring.

Did I blame umpiring. I just thanked him for raising the finger on final wicket. :p

Disappointed for Amla he tried his best to hold India off. How many overs were left when Morkel got out?

Maybe india should first try to at least draw a series in SA.;)

Indeed. There is no clear #1 team in world. Its all pretty close between South Africa/Australia/India.

Both AUS & SA are likely to smoke India @ home. But India will always be able to do well in their own conditions againts both those sides.

This!

Only these should be the test match centres of India where all test cricket should be played

1. Eden Gardens, Kolkata
2. Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
3. MAC stadium, Chennai
4. Chinnaswamy stadium, Bangalore
5. Ferozhshah Kotla, Delhi
6. PCA stadium, Mohali
7. Bradbourne stadium, Mumbai
8. Rajiv Gandhi stadium, Hyderabad

All at major cities where the crowds are expected to come in big numbers. We have 8 venues which are enough for a rotation policy to happen and also preserve the crowds for test cricket. Test cricket will never die in India if this happens.

Doubt whether the BCCI will ever rise above their narrow-mindedness and implement this idea. They deprived Eden of a Test for three long years, just because they have a bitter relationship with the CAB President, Jagmohan Dalmiya.

Hats off to team India for winning this one. India without Dravid is as good as South Africa without Amla. Just imagine where South Africa would have been if they did not have Amla this series? India won,and that too without Dravid. That`s what you call a true champion team. :D :)

Disappointed for Amla he tried his best to hold India off. How many overs were left when Morkel got out?

15 minutes of play.

Imagine what Indians felt after Sydney.

Specifically Duminy and Prince.

Id point the finger at Duminy more the Prince. Prince at first was batting where he doesn't fit then he got moved in the middle of the series. Duminy was the guy that got his spot and has been stuck there for a while and hasn't done anything.
Id point the finger at Smith and de Villiers too. Smith didn't have 50 for the entire series and de Villiers had one.
Smith averaged 10, Prince 8 and Duminy 5 :facepalm:doh. What a disaster.

One good thing I can see from this is that Harbhajan just bought himself a place in the side for the away tours to England, SA and AUS. This could work out to our advantage since truth of the matter is that he is becoming a very ████ bowler.

Amla batter for damn near half a day in terms of hours and lost with 15 minutes left. Damn that sucks for him, all that work and everyone around you lets you down.
Actually only 9 minimum balls were left.

As I said yesterday God was with SA yesterday but he will be with us for today and that's happen, only today maximum overs were played and there was bright sunshine compare to other 4 days and India still got win despite not having Zaheer and Dravid.

One good thing I can see from this is that Harbhajan just bought himself a place in the side for the away tours to England, SA and AUS. This could work out to our advantage since truth of the matter is that he is becoming a very ████ bowler.

Its something for India to look at. Yea he did well here on this wicket but how will he do outside the country.

Good win from India but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Just about a week back we had been smashed by an innings at home by South Africa. There are definitely holes in our line-up, as there are holes in South Africa and Australia (although Australia have been back to their obliterating best, albeit against opposition of a lower level).

This series deserved another Test match, heck it deserved 3 more. I'd like to see India, Australia, South Africa and England take part in 4/5 Test series' whenever they play. This initiative must be taken by the boards, though.

Oh well, we hold on to our #1 rating for now, which means nothing, really. Bhajji bowled well but I still think he will be a liability in the majority of our games.

Users who are viewing this thread