South African Tour of India 2010

Mohali has the one of the best pitches India have and crowds are present in large amount atleast many more than Nagpur so can't understand any reason of not including in it.

Just go back and check the highlights of test matches there in the last 5 years. We did not even have even 5000 people watching Tendulkar go past Lara against Australia last year and when it comes to test match cricket, there are not many test series as closely awaited as the BG trophy.

You would not see something like that at some of the other major centers.

Just go back and check the highlights of test matches there in the last 5 years. We did not even have even 5000 people watching Tendulkar go past Lara against Australia last year and when it comes to test match cricket, there are not many test series as closely awaited as the BG trophy.
Dont know about Test matches but I am quite sure about ODI's that there is full house even if the match is against Bangladesh.

Here's an interesting fact, South Africa have, in their last 3 series, beaten England, Australia and now India by an innings. However, they have not won any of those series...

Dont know about Test matches but I am quite sure about ODI's that there is full house even if the match is against Bangladesh.

We were never discussing ODIs here. All ODIs in India featuring India will fill stadia in any city.

At the moment South African batting starts and ends at Amla and Kallis. And their bowling depends too much on Steyn.

boney_g added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

QUite a dissapointing series, two one side smashings. Anyway congats to India deserved the win.

:facepalmThats why we need a third test match.

Also can those people see the crowd that was there to cheer for india in a test match? Indian people still care about test cricket contrary to what some people think here. ;)

We were never discussing ODIs here. All ODIs in India featuring India will fill stadia in any city.
Looking at the pics of previous test match. The ground was not empty and nothing like Nagpur one. Yeah, I agree it doesn't have Eden like crowds but it's maybe because there is no shed to protect from sunlight. Once these are made, I am sure you will see a full house ground in Tests Matches. Leaving the supporters, Mohali is one of the best Indian stadiums
What was a swamp with deep ravines in 1992 was turned into India's best stadium within a span of two years. The Punjab Cricket Association Stadium at Mohali, on the outskirts of Chandigarh, is a truly world-class venue with excellent practice facilities, spectator-friendly outlook and sufficient provisions for the media. The pitch at Mohali had the reputation of being the livliest in the country.

Just saw the highlights of Sachin record. Definitely more than half full.

Thanks to Steve Davis India retains No. 1 tag. But with bowlers like we have, its only matter of time it the eventual happens.

I know its been said already, but this series really needed a 3rd test. This 2 test series really proves nothing.

Thanks to Steve Davis India retains No. 1 tag. But with bowlers like we have, its only matter of time it the eventual happens.

Sorry. This is taking far too much credit away from the bowlers. I did not see anything wrong with the umpiring.

Users who are viewing this thread