South African Tour of India 2010

Sadly Bhajji is best we have. All the replacement are just as good as our fast bowlers are apart from Zaheer.

How do we know if they never get a chance to play? :sarcasm

Chawla = Better than current leggie we are using but still not good for test cricket.
Mishra = If Chawla is better than him then you know what I think of him.
Ojha = Has good flight and is not afraid to give it air even when batsman are attacking. Will not work overseas though.Not many left arm spinners make impact in world scene.
Murli = He needs pitch like Mumbai's spitting cobra. Will never forgive him for Sydney test performance.

Anyone else? Only Ojha comes close and will not mind him in side over Bhajji for overseas matches.

Well played India,great comeback after the first test.But as for people saying oh,they did it without Dravid,how great,bla bla bla...We were without Boucher.He plays a very important part in our team with his experience and it also meant that the inexperienced Petersen had to come in.Smith too was injured and not at his best.Overall we were outplayed in this match though,no doubt.Our main weakness has to be our lack of a top class spinner.I think that we need to start looking at Darren Smit who has been quite successfull with his spin bowling and give him a chance.Also Duminy and Prince need to go play some more provincial cricket.Let Petersen take a permanent spot,he has some serious talent.Otherwise Amla is turning out to be a star!Oh and people saying we chocked,give it a rest...if this was any other team you wouldnt be saying that.Everytime we lose people say oh we chocked.get over it.Once again,congrats to India

Well played India,great comeback after the first test.But as for people saying oh,they did it without Dravid,how great,bla bla bla...We were without Boucher.He plays a very important part in our team with his experience and it also meant that the inexperienced Petersen had to come in.Smith too was injured and not at his best.Overall we were outplayed in this match though,no doubt.Our main weakness has to be our lack of a top class spinner.I think that we need to start looking at Darren Smit who has been quite successfull with his spin bowling and give him a chance.Also Duminy and Prince need to go play some more provincial cricket.Let Petersen take a permanent spot,he has some serious talent.Otherwise Amla is turning out to be a star!Oh and people saying we chocked,give it a rest...if this was any other team you wouldnt be saying that.Everytime we lose people say oh we chocked.get over it.Once again,congrats to India

I honestly dont think South Africa need a spinner. Looking at this tour i think you missed De Wet, since Parnell probably isn't 100% ready for test as yet. Based on watching De Wet bowl againts England, he looked like a bowler who could reverse-swing the ball fairly well & would have been very hand in India.

Why wasn't Rusty Theoron picked, do you know?

Keep test cricket away from Mohali.The new Hyderabad stadium has never hosted a test as well.

Otherwise, this test showed how it is to be done. An absolutely fine pitch which was far from a road providind something for everyone and we ended up with a fine test match. Test Cricket in India + regular test venues + good opposition = Awesome!!:banana2

Just watching the highlights after I got back home (had my engineering degree convocation at uni today and missed the game). The atmosphere in the stadium was unlike any test match venue. Awesome test match and will silence the "Test cricket is dead in India" nonsense for sometime.

Mohali normally has the fastest wicket of the country probably. No other wicket in the country has that much pace and bounce as Mohali.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Sorry. This is taking far too much credit away from the bowlers. I did not see anything wrong with the umpiring.

Its sid! What else do you expect?:p

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Did I blame umpiring. I just thanked him for raising the finger on final wicket. :p

Cleverly changed the actual meaning of that sentence.:clap

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Disappointed for Amla he tried his best to hold India off. How many overs were left when Morkel got out?

17 minutes of play were left. Even though only 2 more overs were left, India could possibly get in more overs until 4:39pm local time was reached. So technically, India could have bowled 4-5 more overs.

SA have won before in India with no spinner, the WI did fine for a long time with no frontline spinner, Aus may have well left Warne at home for all the impact he had in India, Murali too over the years aint done much there. I think SA have always had the right mindset with their attack, pace pace pace.

Maybe india should first try to at least draw a series in SA.;)

We will do that. But on current form, SA have lost a series to Australia at home, settled for a drawn series against England at home and have settled for a drawn series against India in India. On the contrary, India have beaten NZ in NZ (Howsie will come and say its a weak attack, we should have beaten them 2-0, but we beat them), we beat Australia in India, we beat Sri Lanka in India, we have drawn with SA in India. So we have done better in recent form (we have had winning series at home unlike SA whose last two series against England and Australia have either ended up in defeat or in draw).

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Indeed. There is no clear #1 team in world. Its all pretty close between South Africa/Australia/India.

Both AUS & SA are likely to smoke India @ home. But India will always be able to do well in their own conditions againts both those sides.

Not necessarily. In fact, opposition countries have started preparing batting tracks in their home grounds whenever India come because they dont want to face the prospect of the Indian seamers running through their own batting lineup. India's seamers (Zaheer, Ishant, Sree) love pitches with juice in them and come to their own on such wickets. So Aus and SA are not likely to smoke India in their backyard. Our last tour to Australia was a very memorable one, our last tour to Australia got our first win there at Jo'burg and the rest two that we lost, we were not smoked at all.

Congrats to India, they surely showed us how to make batting look easy on that pitch - which it probably was, we just played terribly.

Having said that I think if India ended up not winning the game they should have held their heads in shame since we basically wrapped the game up as a present and gave it to them with the amount of errors we made. Poor bowling, elementary catching and the worst batting collapse in recent times - we basically went from being favourites to trying to stay in the game within a timeframe of a teabreak.

Hats off to Amla though....450 odd runs in the series and only dismissed once? Thats awesome stuff....oh and by the way we should get rid of Harris. If there was ever going to be a wicket TAILORED for spinning it was the Eden Gardens pitch and he ended with 1/185 - thats not what you want or need from your "premier" spinner!

Actually only 9 minimum balls were left.

As I said yesterday God was with SA yesterday but he will be with us for today and that's happen, only today maximum overs were played and there was bright sunshine compare to other 4 days and India still got win despite not having Zaheer and Dravid.

Yeah, but the time left overrides the no of balls left. India could have squeezed in more than 9 balls until that 15 minutes were reached.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Its something for India to look at. Yea he did well here on this wicket but how will he do outside the country.

Maybe this game will give him confidence to keep doing well like this. Even before, he keeps doing well after he has had a very good test match until he hits that patch where he slides down.

Must say what an effort by Amla, how much has he improved over the last year. Just this series alone has seen his average jump up from 42 to 47. Really wish I could of seen this test though, sounded like a cracker.

Is there any clips anywhere of the final session of this game?

Must say what an effort by Amla, how much has he improved over the last year. Just this series alone has seen his average jump up from 42 to 47. Really wish I could of seen this test though, sounded like a cracker.

Is there any clips anywhere of the final session of this game?

You can watch the days play here - Cricket365 | Cricket News

We will do that. But on current form, SA have lost a series to Australia at home, settled for a drawn series against England at home and have settled for a drawn series against India in India. On the contrary, India have beaten NZ in NZ (Howsie will come and say its a weak attack, we should have beaten them 2-0, but we beat them), we beat Australia in India, we beat Sri Lanka in India, we have drawn with SA in India. So we have done better in recent form (we have had winning series at home unlike SA whose last two series against England and Australia have either ended up in defeat or in draw).

We got out played by Aus but were the better side in that series vs england as the stats will show. Again all those results you happen to mention against the top sides are at home . If your side is as strong as you claim then why have you failed to beat us in two consecutive home test series.;) Fact remains india have only won one test in more than years in SA. We will see at the end of the year but history has shown that SA should win the home series.

I honestly dont think South Africa need a spinner. Looking at this tour i think you missed De Wet, since Parnell probably isn't 100% ready for test as yet. Based on watching De Wet bowl againts England, he looked like a bowler who could reverse-swing the ball fairly well & would have been very hand in India.

Why wasn't Rusty Theoron picked, do you know?

Selectors don't seem to like rusty for some reason. He should be in at least the odi squad.

does double century counts as 2 hundreds? if yes, then Amla got 4 hundy in a row. so did Sachin. they both have a chance to break that 5 100 in a row record

Users who are viewing this thread