South African Tour of India 2010

Read again. I said india have never won or drawn a test series in SA. They only managed to win 1 test in SA since readmission. We have a much better record in india.
You said in the lat ten years, so I was not sure if there was a drawn series before that.

You said in the lat ten years, so I was not sure if there was a drawn series before that.

I was only focussing on the last 10 years.:)

Anyway good performances by amla and kallis witht he bat in the warmup game. All the other batters got some runs , so nobody didn't get a hit. A bit disappointed with the lower order with only steyn contributing but we will see saturday. Going to be a good series.

Woot Rohit included in the squad to cover Laxman :banana2:banana2

Badri might have just been backstabbed.......If laxman is out......it may well mean rohit comes ahead of him.

Woot Rohit included in the squad to cover Laxman :banana2:banana2

Badri might have just been backstabbed.......If laxman is out......it may well mean rohit comes ahead of him.

Why does that make you happy?

I actually like Rohit unlike other members on this forum :spy

Rohit is no VVS. We need VVS in this series more than any other occasion. If we lose both Dravid and VVS, it`ll put some serious pressure on Sachin and the openers to fire.

I'm sure he'll just be a back up for Laxman.He wont affect the chances of Badrinath making his debut.Although Laxman not in the side will weaken the middle order more.Hoping he makes the cut.

Seems he hasnt fully recovered from the finger injury he suffered during the Bangla series.

Last edited:
Oh well. But I don't think even if Sharma is included he will get the nod ahead of Badri. Badri will play and definitely will.

Oh well. But I don't think even if Sharma is included he will get the nod ahead of Badri. Badri will play and definitely will.

Badri should play for sure. Rohit Sharma will play in place of Laxman if he's not fully fit.

I really can't understand the selection though. There are tons of better choices than Rohit Sharma. The guy has had his opportunities, and he's a better player in the shorter formats. Really feel someone else was more worthy of an opportunity if Laxman doesn't play.

Badri should play for sure. Rohit Sharma will play in place of Laxman if he's not fully fit.

I really can't understand the selection though. There are tons of better choices than Rohit Sharma. The guy has had his opportunities, and he's a better player in the shorter formats. Really feel someone else was more worthy of an opportunity if Laxman doesn't play.
Yeah.Someone like Pujara or Kohli should have been preferred over Rohit.Seems Karthik got dumped by the selectors.Even his twin century dint help his cause.

Users who are viewing this thread