South African Tour of India 2010

Going to be interesting tomorrow. Only question for our side is really who of harris or botha will get the final nod. Rest of the side picks themselves. Won't play 2 spinners especially with duminy being more than handy it will be the 3 quicks with botha/harris and kallis and duminy offering good support.

Harris, I think will get in. I remember he bowled quite well when SA toured India before.

Left arm spinners have done well in India. Herath and Clarke from recent memory. Right arm spinners have always entered hell.

^^^^^
Agreed.
Harris will be a better choice than Botha. Btw i am quite excited for Indian squad. Badrinath making his debut will be the moment for me.

Harris, I think will get in. I remember he bowled quite well when SA toured India before.

Actually it was his worst series ever for SA. Took his wickets at 51. But personally I would go with harris. He is the better test bowler of two even if he is in poor form. Botha without his doosra shouldn't cause to much of an issue.

But for SA the key is the spinner to do a decent/tidy job and to attack with the three seamers and reverse swing. That will be the strategy.

I meant in Indian conditions he bowled well. I liked him and he is better than Botha on Indian pitches, I think.

I meant in Indian conditions he bowled well. I liked him and he is better than Botha on Indian pitches, I think.

He has a better record vs india in SA than in india. Averages 35.80 in SA but 51 in india. That's against india.

One dampner to this contest would be the crowd at Nagpur or the lack of it rather. People will jump onto the `test cricket is dying in India` bandwagon after tomorrow`s play without realizing that Nagpur is`nt India`s major test center and BCCI should`nt be scheduling test matches as frequently there. Nagpur has been getting games far too frequently.

ODIs against AUS and SL, a SL T20, a BG Trophy test in 2008 and now this. Nagpur is`nt a venue where you`ll get test match crowds. If we stick to Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur, Bangalore and Delhi as test venues, we`ll get good crowds for each game like we saw in the SL test series.

Last edited:
113717.icon.jpg
Must be a delightful moment for Badrinath.

No atmosphere about this series. :facepalm

It's here it's gonna start soon!

The champions clash!

Go India! Go! Go! Go!

I mean win it, not pwnage :p

No atmosphere about this series. :facepalm

Once it starts, that will slowly set in. But here on PC, there seems to be some of it.

Why is SA talking so much about India than about themselves? I mean, Graeme Smith talks about Dhoni and how he has to be put under pressure to affect the side, how they have gathered lot of info about him since his captaincy debut, how Sehwag and Gambhir have to give a good start considering the fragility of the middle order, how the middle order is going to fare, how India will cope with the injuries to key players, etc. WORRY ABOUT YOUR GAME GUYS!!! By now, you must be knowing that such tactics dont often work with a team like India and instead it helps them.

Once it starts, that will slowly set in. But here on PC, there seems to be some of it.

Why is SA talking so much about India than about themselves? I mean, Graeme Smith talks about Dhoni and how he has to be put under pressure to affect the side, how they have gathered lot of info about him since his captaincy debut, how Sehwag and Gambhir have to give a good start considering the fragility of the middle order, how the middle order is going to fare, how India will cope with the injuries to key players, etc. WORRY ABOUT YOUR GAME GUYS!!! By now, you must be knowing that such tactics dont often work with a team like India and instead it helps them.

It's called mind games. There trying to put as much pressure on India as possible and one way is pointing out their weaknesses or talking them up. India aren't immune to it's affects, everyteam gets affected by mind games. The youngsters (Badrinath, Murli Vijay or whoever plays) may be afftected by this type of sledging, they are not use to test cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread