South African Tour of India 2010

It's called mind games. There trying to put as much pressure on India as possible and one way is pointing out their weaknesses or talking them up. India aren't immune to it's affects, everyteam gets affected by mind games. The youngsters (Badrinath, Murli Vijay or whoever plays) may be afftected by this type of sledging, they are not use to test cricket.

The more you talk India up, the more you put yourself at risk. Best way to beat India is DONT INVOKE THEM!!! You guys should hope India arent too invoked by this.

Last edited:
Your making it sound like Indians are immune to sledging when they are probably the team that gets affected by it the most. No one else goes crying to their boards over every little incident (jellybeans) and threatens to pull out of series.

Your making it sound like Indians are immune to sledging when they are probably the team that gets affected by it the most. No one else goes crying to their boards over every little incident (jellybeans) and threatens to pull out of series.

What happened after the jellybeans? Zaheer ripped through the England batting and won India that test. Even after that monkeygate, India's performance didnt drop at all (in fact that incident was sparked by India and Bhajji's good performance till then with the bat). We remained in the game till that controversial final day where everything went against us (*tsk umpiring tsk*). Henry Olonga, Andrew Caddick and Shoaib Akthar bore the brunt of talking up to Sachin leading up to the respective matches.

Last edited:
how long until the game starts? (in hours please. I am bad at time converting)

how long until the game starts? (in hours please. I am bad at time converting)

Local time start is at 9:30am (IST). According to Eastern Standard time (EST), it should start at 11pm. According to GMT, it should start at 4am. Where do you live?

Cant wait. I am going to watch 75% of the day before I go to bed and catch up the highlights the next day. More importantly apart from India playing, Badri is debuting and I sincerely pray that the guy translates potential into performance at intl level and keeps Yuvraj out of the test side forever. I am sure Hmarka agrees with me on this:D!

GO BADRI!! Hope you get a century!

Last edited:
Hoping for India to bat first, that way we get to see Badri and the Saffer bowlers.

How are the Nagpur pitches generally? I really hope this series will offer up some balance between bat and ball....noone likes to see those terrible dead flat wickets - it doesnt make for interesting test cricket at all and can make the days seem endlessly long.

How are the Nagpur pitches generally? I really hope this series will offer up some balance between bat and ball....noone likes to see those terrible dead flat wickets - it doesnt make for interesting test cricket at all and can make the days seem endlessly long.

From what I am hearing till now, it will be a batting belter that could offer help to the spinners as the game progresses. I wont be surprised to see a 600 odd score from either of the teams. But I also expect a result since I dont think the pitch will be slow and low (if the recent ODI's in Nagpur are an indicator).

In the last test here in Nagpur, India beat Australia by 172 runs even though the game almost looked like it was heading for a draw.

Last edited:
Well last thing i remember about nagpur is "Saurav Ganguly faking a injury on the eve of the test match against aussies just coz the curator had created a green pitch" ;)

From what I am hearing till now, it will be a batting belter that could offer help to the spinners as the game progresses. I wont be surprised to see a 600 odd score from either of the teams. But I also expect a result since I dont think the pitch will be slow and low (if the recent ODI's in Nagpur are an indicator).

In the last test here in Nagpur, India beat Australia by 172 runs even though the game almost looked like it was heading for a draw.

Jeepers....600 is a bit much I dont often enjoy games like that where its all about batting bowlers into the ground. I guess SA better win the toss and bat first lol To be honest I would love to see us bowl just because i think that will be the most exciting part of the game....but we could be in trouble if we bat last on this sort of wicket.

Well last thing i remember about nagpur is "Saurav Ganguly faking a injury on the eve of the test match against aussies just coz the curator had created a green pitch" ;)

Thats too long ago. I dont expect a green pitch this time. Already read reports that this time the pitch is completely bald of the grass. But I expect it to be a hard and true wicket with good bounce and carry. As the game progresses, the wicket will become good for spinners who will get bounce and turn.

Maybe 600 would be a bit much, but its not impossible. For me, a result in the end is all that I care for.

Last edited:
saisrini thanks a lot. I live in Michigan, USA. so its EST for me and another 5 hours. Can not wait!!:D supporting Saffers all the way:p Although not expecting them to win this one.

Users who are viewing this thread