South African Tour of India 2010

150 up for Kallis. This is his best opportunity in a long time to get that elusive double century.

Well done to Amla on scoring a well deserved century. Kallis has just reached the 150 mark, what a batsmen he is! He has played a very good innings and he really is a treat to watch.

That's not helpful. He might have lost form, but he still has 345 Test wickets.

HE hasn`t just lost form. He has been like this for a few years now.

South African batting + Indian bowling + Flat Pitch = BORING

CaptainOZ couldn't wait till it started, I can't wait till it ends.

I'm quite pleased with the SAFrican efforts, didn't expect Amla and Kallis to do so well, unpredictable I guess, once there stuck in, they're hard to get out till the next day

didn't expect Amla and Kallis to do so well

What?

Amla has a huge role to play, because he is a wristy player, and is suited to these conditions better than any other player in the team, because of his style. In the last tour, Amla annouced himself, and made the number three spot his own. He was one of the keys last time as well, and played superbly.

Kallis has a great record in the Sub Continent, and has never failed in any of the tours to the Sub Continent, especially recently. With the great form he is carrying, I fully expected him to take on huge responsibility, just the way he has.

Why did you think they would perform badly?

Kallis, Amla and JP are kind of batsman who enjoy Indian bowling in India.

Prince would be cursing himself for missing out as he might not bat again. :p

Good stuff! After Smith got out I thought it was gonna be one of those game where we talk to talk before the game and get out for 100.....but seeing Kallis and Amla pile on the runs the way they did is quite magnificent.

Hopefully we can get up to about 500 - Zaheer has shown you can take wickets with quicks if you bowl well and we have 3 extremely good fast bowlers in our team. So much for all the hype about our lack of spin.....the Indian spinners didnt really put validity to the claims about spin being so threatening. But the best thing is, even though our team doesnt have great spinners we will be bowling last on this pitch.....unless of course India follows on :P

I just dint think that they'd both be able to make centuries, dint hold such high expectations, proved me wrong

Hopefully the Indian bowlers have a great day tomorrow and bowl South Africa out for maximum 450. 500 is too demoralizing and would make a win far too difficult. Not only because so much time will have been lost but also because this team is fairly inexperienced (Vijay, Badrinath, Saha). Morkel, Steyn and Parnell is not an easy proposition for any batting line up, let alone this almost second string batting line up. Ideally, they should be all out after lunch, but before tea.

Last edited:
A draw will be good option for us.

Users who are viewing this thread