South African Tour of India 2010

South African batting + Indian bowling + Flat Pitch = BORING

CaptainOZ couldn't wait till it started, I can't wait till it ends.

Sehwag + SAF Bowling + Flat Pitch = Ridiculous :p

As with our recent series against England I feel the first 10 or so overs of every morning is crucial - if we can get through that tomorrow without too many problems then India might have to start getting worried.

We already saw this morning what kind of movement Zaheer got early on and if Steyn hits his stride the same way when India bats and we also remove a couple of wickets early then India's weak middle orders could be under SEVERE pressure. Especially if we manage to get up to 500-550, by then it might already be a match-saving effort from India and I doubt that their top/middle order with its limited experience would be able to mirror what Kallis and Amla did today...well apart from Sachin but he would need some support.

Cant wait to see us declare on a pretty big score and then watch Steyn get at Sehwag and Gambhir. Along with Morkel trying to remove the batsmen's heads I think it will be a fantastic spectacle to watch!

Valaskjalf added 5 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Sehwag + SAF Bowling + Flat Pitch = Ridiculous :p

Not as ridiculous as Sehwag + Flat Pitch + Most other countries' bowling...

Our bowling attack (apart from Harris) is probably one of the few attacks around thesedays that might trouble Sehwag. Apart from the 300 he got against us, he hasnt really flourished. So it might be quite a lot of fun seeing them go at eachother regardless of how flat the pitch is and possibly a good challenge not only for us but for him as well.

Last edited:
A draw will be good option for us.

A draw is the best possible option for us right now. I hope Harbhajan does not get any wickets here and people realize how pathetic he really has been for sometime now.

A draw is the best possible option for us right now. I hope Harbhajan does not get any wickets here and people realize how pathetic he really has been for sometime now.

Piyush has earned a call up imo. Has done really well this past year (in India and in England).

Piyush has earned a call up imo. Has done really well this past year (in India and in England).

Agreed. Handy with the bat too.

Harbhajan needs to be dropped soon. Not troubling anybody at the moment. Mishra, at least, got turn at times and also beat the bat quite a bit.

India need to restrict South Africa to 400-450, and then, bat well. Sounds simple, but Kallis and Amla look good.

Well tbh, i don't think our batting will be poor. We need the debutants to perform well. Remember, soon our team will be without the likes of Tendu, Laxman and Dravid. Badri and Shah have nice chances to gain experience and strengthen their positions.

It will be interesting to see how Morkel does on these Indian pitches. He relies allot on extra bounce to get the batsman out but Indian pitches don't really offer that.

It all depends on Sehwag. If Sehwag fails, we are DOOMED!!! These guys play all other sports in the warm up and get injured and put us in trouble. It would have felt better having Rohit Sharma instead of Saha there.

Anyways, just hope something good happens and the course of the match changes. I still predict India to scrape through to a draw (helped by the pitch also). Nagpur pitch has deceived me. THEY HAVE NOT USED A SIMILAR PITCH TO THAT OF THE ODI's AND T20's!!! MORONS!!

The match is dead in the very first day itself. Now it's either a draw or a South African victory. :facepalm I knew our bowlers suck, but didn't know they suck this bad. Pathetic performance!

King Cricket added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

It all depends on Sehwag. If Sehwag fails, we are DOOMED!!! These guys play all other sports in the warm up and get injured and put us in trouble. It would have felt better having Rohit Sharma instead of Saha there.

Anyways, just hope something good happens and the course of the match changes. I still predict India to scrape through to a draw (helped by the pitch also). Nagpur pitch has deceived me. THEY HAVE NOT USED A SIMILAR PITCH TO THAT OF THE ODI's AND T20's!!! MORONS!!

We'll think about our batting later. First we need to get those eight South African wickets ASAP and restrict the Saffers within 500 at least.

I just can't see the Indians taking 20 wickets, they are going to need some serious help from the groundsman in the 2nd Test. The bowling attack is a real worry for India, 20 wickets wins you Test matches, not runs.

I think they might be better off sending Ishant Sharma to county cricket for a season and see if that improves his game at all. I know Yorkshire were keen on signing him at one point in time.

Like Chappel said, with this bowling attack, India will find it very hard to maintain the number 1 spot.

Still think they can draw it though, the pitch is so flat they might as well play on concrete.

I would have betted on a draw easily even if we had one of either Dravid or Laxman. Right now, we have Vijay, Badri and Saha. Two of them are debutants and one has played only 3 tests before this. The responsibility on Dhoni has increased so much and he hasnt proved much in test cricket too. Badri and Saha's nervousness could prove to be their downfall and we cant blame them much too because its their first test.

India need sporting wickets if they got to stay Number one. On a flat track, we just dont have the patience and effectiveness to tie the opposition down.

I just can't see the Indians taking 20 wickets, they are going to need some serious help from the groundsman in the 2nd Test. The bowling attack is a real worry for India, 20 wickets wins you Test matches, not runs.

ordinary...

(this is my 1st post in this thread, and i just couldnt resist. :p)

Duleep Trophy match was better. Also it had more supporters there. :)

boney_g added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

ordinary...

(this is my 1st post in this thread, and i just couldnt resist. :p)

:) India proved why Bangladesh was ordinary by beating them 2-0. And now India are playing against one of the best teams. Even if India or South Africa lose this series that wont make them ordinary. Sorry but i couldnt resist also and this is my first post in this thread i guess. ;)

I would have betted on a draw easily even if we had one of either Dravid or Laxman. Right now, we have Vijay, Badri and Saha. Two of them are debutants and one has played only 3 tests before this. The responsibility on Dhoni has increased so much and he hasnt proved much in test cricket too. Badri and Saha's nervousness could prove to be their downfall and we cant blame them much too because its their first test.

India need sporting wickets if they got to stay Number one. On a flat track, we just dont have the patience and effectiveness to tie the opposition down.

Actually, they really have to play well regardless of the situation. Saha isn't going to get a better opportunity than this, and Badri, especially due to his age, won't be given a lot of time to prove himself. I really don't think Saha is worse than Rohit Sharma in all honesty. Saha's determination is great, and he's less likely to throw away his wicket than Rohit Sharma. Hopefully he'll prove me right. :p Although, I don't agree that he should be the backup keeper(just don't think he's ready for international cricket), he is the backup right now and it's up to him. Poor Rohit Sharma - seems like the cricketing Gods don't want to watch him play either.

Drop Ishant, play Mithun next match. Might as well give Mithun some experience, because Ishant doesn't seem threatening at all at this point. Plus, Mithun has this uncanny ability to get bounce on most pitches.

So basically india is playing with their B string batting side? Even if we lose we have an excuse ready. :spy How some fans tried to take credit away from the indian team when they lost against us. And now its our time. :p

Users who are viewing this thread