South African Tour of India 2010

Finally declaration came :banana2 I am eager to see Steyn in action :D

This guy is a moran. Cry as much as you can.

Aaah, touche!

Pretty annoyed that Smith has once again decided to bat for all eternity. Hopefully this isn't another one of his, 'when I make a mistake, I make a really big one' moments. Amla has batted really well here, people have overlooked him in terms of his ability and don't take him seriously in terms of a run scoring threat. It really is nice to see that he has come out and scored a really big one here.

No surprises really to see Kallis duffed it again after coming off a decent overnight score, he does it so often you might as well take it as a certainty that once Kallis reaches stumps at the end of a day you'll get him pretty quickly the next day regardless of how good or bad he was playing. Maybe his only other fault along with his slowish scoring.

I'm going to say something here and stand on a few toes, why is it that whenever people from other countries even launch the slightest criticism towards India in these match threads, half of the Indian population on this forum take it to heart and prove all of the negative thoughts to be accurate? At the end of the day we're debating over a cricket match, we aren't trying to belittle anyone, we are just providing comments.

I think he'd be foolish to declare too early, it's only into day two of five and they could push into a position of only having to bat once which it's unlikley they've reached yet.

Massive 340 partnership to turn India's early advantage on its head, keep them chasing the ball and wear out their openers. I'd maybe declare inside the first hour of day three to keep the Indians guessing.
you also have to realize that India is missing Dravid and VVS. and SA got 1 of the best bowling attack atm. Smith should show more faith in it

I'm going to say something here and stand on a few toes, why is it that whenever people from other countries even launch the slightest criticism towards India in these match threads, half of the Indian population on this forum take it to heart and prove all of the negative thoughts to be accurate? At the end of the day we're debating over a cricket match, we aren't trying to belittle anyone, we are just providing comments.

It's because Indians eat, breathe and sh!t cricket. It's impossible for them not to take it personally.

He declared now??? wtf?? he made DS face 7 balls. only 2 overs left. and he declared now?? that was too late, and at a moment when they should have bat out the day, and declare tomorrow by going after the ball!! :mad:

Smith! WTF are you doing/

The last Series between these 2 sides in India had a similar start.. SAF made a 500+ score and declared on the 2nd day end. And later we all saw a Viru special in chennai. Hope this time also any one of indian batsman make a huge score.

Duminy needs to find some form, his average has dropped to about 33 and still just that 1 century.

I take everything back. Runs are flowing. I see what Smith was doing. :p

I'd maybe declare inside the first hour of day three to keep the Indians guessing.

I don't know if you ever played ICC before, but If you haven't just don't.

I would have declared once SA got 500. Who cares in trying to win by an innings, you are just losing more time this way.

i think South Africa still have a chance in this test match because India's middle order does not have the experience. Steyn & Morkel will get rid of the opener quickly to expose the inexperience in the batting order

He declared now??? wtf?? he made DS face 7 balls. only 2 overs left. and he declared now?? that was too late, and at a moment when they should have bat out the day, and declare tomorrow by going after the ball!! :mad:

Smith! WTF are you doing/

Very good decision from Smith to declare. Gives him two potential periods (now & morning) to get wickets. It would be interesting if Harris comes onto bowl with Viru on strike

India just waanna get it over and done with, I have feeling Sehwag and Gambhir will go early

MaD added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Morkel fails

So india survives.. This looks a great batting track and initial 10 over's tomorow mornig will be crucial.

Good luck to both the teams!!!

Users who are viewing this thread