South African Tour of India 2010

Good job done by these two in repairing this innings after losing three early wickets.Hope they dont give away the momentum post lunch.

Im not gonna really complain about how the 3 batsmen got out because it was the quality of the bowling that finally got them out. But I hope they adapt and recover from the next innings onwards.

He's only got 25. Don't jinx him.

Sehwag is actually playing a disciplined knock here :o

Steyn has`nt been bowling in the late 140s as he is hyped to be. He is clocking late 130s and early 140s regularly. Its the swing he gets which is menacing than raw pace.

Badri looking good so far, a couple of good scores here and we might see the end of Yuvraj in tests.

113831.jpg

Badri is`nt the typical Indian batsman who has an elegant style. He is a rare breed of gritty `Collingwood`esque Indian batsmen. Over the years we have been blessed with batsmen who have`nt just scored a lot of runs but have done it elegant fashion as well. Azhar,Dravid, VVS, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Ganguly have all been batsmen who have had batted with a lot of grace that Indian fans have to now get used to these gritty type of batsmen now in Dhoni and Badri.

Even Gambhir does`nt have the most elegant batting style around but its being effective which matters which one S.Waugh was a master at.

Speaking of Sehwag`s knock today, it reminds me of one of his knocks he played against Australia at Chennai in 2004 to set up a first innings lead for India in a game where wickets were falling around him continuously.

aditya123 added 8 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Why do all the newly constructed Indian grounds look like the GABBA these days, with these huge stands and the colored bucket seats? I`ve noticed it with the stadiums at Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, D.Y.Patil Stadium (New Bombay) and a couple of others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread