South African Tour of India 2010

Coming back to the game, I would`nt worry too much about the batting. We were missing two key players and that was bound to cause us headaches against such a good attack
I dont think dravid and laxman can do better against Steyn. specially steyn in this form:hpraise

I dont think dravid and laxman can do better against Steyn. specially steyn in this form:hpraise

It is`nt that straightforward. With VVS and Dravid, the rest of the batsmen bat with a lot more freedom and Dhoni and Saha would`nt be batting at No.6 and No.7 for sure.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

The problem for us in this game has been that with Dhoni and Saha coming in at No.6 and 7, there is that lack of solidity to the batting.

now harbhajan having scored 39 will be considered for the 2nd test.:doh:doh

To be honest, I feel Bhajji`s batting has been far more exciting than his bowling for some time now.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Even Duminy is bowling a lot better than our super-offie.

I agree. He might as well enjoy the outing now. I don`t see him getting an India cap for a while now.

After watching Saha, my hopes of making it to national team have increased exponentially :D:rtfl:rtfl

AngryPixel added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

He will sure play, BCCI needs to get rid of few scums. Actually whole board atm is scum. Bengal players always get overlooked and even if they get chnaces they get thrown in the danger path. Dhoni did same thing with Manoj Tiwari during CBS series.

That is the time to come out as a hero or zero. Dravid and ganguly did it in their first test in england. Virat kohli has saved india in a few ODI couple of weeks ago. So dont say that it is a BCCI conspiracy to put bangla players in tough path. By the way, did BCCI know Steyn gonna rip through indian line up:sarcasm

I`m happy with the spirit which we have shown with the bat today. Had one of the top order guys stuck in there, we would`ve been in with a chance of setting a target of 100+ which is why Dhoni`s approach was annoying to me. It looked as if he had no interest in scoring runs and just kept on going with some dead bat batting.

I`m happy with the spirit which we have shown with the bat today. Had one of the top order guys stuck in there, we would`ve been in with a chance of setting a target of 100+ which is why Dhoni`s approach was annoying to me. It looked as if he had no interest in scoring runs and just kept on going with some dead bat batting.

Dhoni is a CRAP test batsman.

anyone getting a feeling that we are batting like bangladesh ?
top order getting tweaked and tailenders putting on big partnerships ?

In conditions like this we miss Dravid so much.... He was perfect in getting India out of these situations. Moreover had dravid been there in first innings, sehwag could have played more freely. Without dravid at 3 he had to curb his instincts. Alone Sachin couldn't do everything. by the way, this was sachins 3 hundred in 3 consecutive tests. :D

Very good job by Saha! The boy is proving himself here despite all what you guys are talking about him (after just one failure in the first innings). This innings should do him a world of good. Has shown so much solidity and toughness.

P.S: Oye JK work on TAOC, don't waste your time here.:p
Hurry up and give us something to cheer about:D

8 runs to avoid the innings defeat. Come on India, DO IT!!!

Zaheer IDIOT!!!! You were going so well and you decide to practice your tennis skills on a cricket pitch???? Could have carried India to the lead and saved the innings defeat urself.

Last edited:
Very good job by Saha! The boy is proving himself here despite all what you guys are talking about him (after just one failure in the first innings). This innings should do him a world of good. Has shown so much solidity and toughness.

All the three youngsters have been pretty decent in this test and have definitely shown promise. I was surprised by that Cricinfo article yesterday which immediately came up with an article questioning the future of the Indian batting after just one failure. Badri looked good in his first inning yesterday. Vijay has always looked promising whenever he has batted for India except for the fact that he has`nt been converting the 30s and 40s to big ones. Saha just got out to a good ball on debut. That was the reason why I said people were overreacting yesterday.

All the three youngsters have been pretty decent in this test and have definitely shown promise. I was surprised by that Cricinfo article yesterday which immediately came up with an article questioning the future of the Indian batting after just one failure. Badri looked good in his first inning yesterday. Vijay has always looked promising whenever he has batted for India except for the fact that he has`nt been converting the 30s and 40s to big ones. Saha just got out to a good ball on debut. That was the reason why I said people were overreacting yesterday.

Yes, that article on Cricinfo was over-reaction. And yes, people here also over-reacted about Saha just on that one duck which was actually a very good reverse swinging ball (even Dravid or Ponting might have been rattled by that ball). All three players (Vijay, Badri and Saha) have shown good temperament in this test match. Saha might not be ahead of Karthik in the pecking order but if he will be there soon.

Saha GONE!!!! Well played, well played! But we might not actually save the innings defeat here. Ishant and Mishra, do it guys!! JUST 7 MORE RUNS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread