South African Tour of India 2010

Well played South Africa, watched Steyn's spell on Youtube today and it was brillant.

its been a one-off game for us. absolutely nothing went in india's way....
mishra has been the unluckiest in this match..

but anyway...nothing taking away from a dream spell from steyn and some excellent performances by the saffers.

we always do this. flip up the first match and come back strongly in the second.

i believe in my team. they'll be all charged up for the 2nd match.

GO INDIA !!!!

Yes, this one defeat will charge them up better! Most probably the wicket too will help us in the next test (get the square turner and the home advantage:D).

its been a one-off game for us. absolutely nothing went in india's way....
mishra has been the unluckiest in this match..

but anyway...nothing taking away from a dream spell from steyn and some excellent performances by the saffers.

we always do this. flip up the first match and come back strongly in the second.

i believe in my team. they'll be all charged up for the 2nd match.

GO INDIA !!!!

Thats better. Once we start giving the opposition some credit and not always sound as if we lost because we are a horrible side, the India bashing here will go down.

Well played SA. I`m pretty sure we have a cracker of a test match on our hands at the Eden and I`m also pretty sure that a big crowd would turn up on Sunday. Its a shame that we have just a 2-test series between two good sides. A 3 test match series would have been so much more fun.

How is the Eden WC revamp work going on? Is the capacity still down to half like it was during the ODI last month?
Even if the whole capacity of close to 1,00,000 is`nt available and only 50,000 odd seats can be used, I hope they make it available to the general public this time around unlike the ODI.

So for the third time SA beats India by innings in India, top class peformance from SA especially by Steyn, Kallis, Amla and Harris.

India batted 171.5 overs in both innings combined compared to South Africa's 176 in the 1st innings so that just shows how dominant SA were in this game.

Well played SA:clap. They really deserved to be No1:happy

Yes, this one defeat will charge them up better! Most probably the wicket too will help us in the next test (get the square turner and the home advantage:D).

How can we be so casual? How dare we lose first test match in almost two years? :mad: How can Dhoni lose first test match as a captain? :noway We will bounce back.

Raina, Karthik and Sreesanth are back for second test match.

boney_g added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

But South Africa played brilliantly. After all that happen in South Africa coach resigning and all other stuff. And Steyn is a legend. :hpraise

Congrats to all the South Africans. This is a team you just cant hate. :)

boney_g added 5 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

All due to Zaheer! Such a dumbo shot there!!! The partnership between him and Saha was going on so well that it made me get up from bed and switch back on the game to watch. And the guy plays a horrendous shot.

Anyways, better luck at Kolkata boys! Hope we have the right bowlers there to compete. Sreesanth should be back, I hope they consider Irfan Pathan as the allrounder. He is a better option than Saha in batting and his bowling wont be too worse than Ishant or Sreesanth (at their bad days)

Its because of you we lost badly. Why did you get up from bed? :laugh

What could be possible lineup for 2nd test? If Raina and Karthik will play, who will leave the place for the team? Saha will be out for sure, and second one would be either Vijay/ Badri. I wish that won't happen.

Dont worry.It'll be Laxman(Karthik if Laxman isnt fit yet) who will replace Saha and Sreesanth will come in for Ishant or one of the spinners.Badri or Vijay cant be dropped.They've shown a lot of promise in this game.

My lineup for the second test would be -
Gambhir
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Vijay/ Karthik
Badrinath
Laxman/ Raina
Dhoni
Harbhajan.
Mishra / ojha
Sreesanth
Zaheer.

Harbhajan doesn't deserve a place in playing 11 looking at his recent form but i know he will make to the squad. However Ojha would be the better choice than him. Raina is picked as a reserve batsman so it will depend on Laxman fitness. In short i am confused.

Great victory for us. Hell even Harris managed to make himself look good. Morkel and Parnell were very 'meh'. If it wasn't for Steyn, this would have been a draw. Those two need to kick it on though.

Batting wise we were excellent. Felt bad for Prince, getting a poor decision, but hopefully he can get some runs in the second test.

I can't even explain what's wrong with JP. Keppler needs to have a talk to him. He just looks really fidgety at the crease. Definitely not the composed player we saw in Australia.

Good fight by India. Sachin played very well to get that century. I said yesterday he could do it as well. The big problem for India was their lack of partnerships. Only one century partnership the whole match won't win matches. Sehwag is a good player, but he needs to take responsibility. Both of his dismissals were of his own creation.

Final thoughts on this match:

1. Gambhir is the new Strauss for Morkel.
2. Rohit Sharma shouldn't play football.
3. Dhoni should cut his sideburns. The 70's were over a long time back.
4. Zaheer Khan had more runs than Gambhir
5. Why does Amla want a full crowd for Eden Gardens?

and lastly

6. Who was that fat guy, they kept showing during the presentation ceremony?

Great match! Lets carry this momentum forward now.

Excellent team performance from the boys. Especially in the second innings everyone of the bowlers contributed. Morkel wasn't at his best but still got the vital wicket of gambhir. Parnel was much better in the second innings, the reverse swing from around the wicket was excellent and should have account for sachin but kallis dropped the chance.

Overall very happy with the boys and hopefully they can give a solid performance at eden gardens and insure we leave with a series win unlike last time.

Users who are viewing this thread