South African Tour of India 2010

That would be unfair for the Indian public because that will make Bhajji not move his ass from the team for another 10-15 tests.

Anyways, I have a small feeling that we might see some fightback from the Indian bowlers after lunch (or probably before close of play today)

still a dhoni fan sai ? :sarcasm

still a dhoni fan sai ? :sarcasm

I am. I believe that he is going through the bad patch that had to eventually come to him. Ganguly is called a great captain for India, but he went through worser times.

I am. I believe that he is going through the bad patch that had to eventually come to him. Ganguly is called a great captain for India, but he went through worser times.

i would agree if it was about on-field decisions or his batting.
but how does bad form affect his team selection ability ??

i smell a lot of arrogance and over-confidence here.

i would agree if it was about on-field decisions or his batting.
but how does bad form affect his team selection ability ??

i smell a lot of arrogance and over-confidence here.

It can affect. Initially, he made very good, plucky and brave decisions. But slowly he has got into that mindset where he takes decisions just for the sake of being different, brave and plucky. Its the same as form. You dont know when bad form comes in and the only way you can get out of it is by keep doing the basics right and let it pass by.

It can affect. Initially, he made very good, plucky and brave decisions. But slowly he has got into that mindset where he takes decisions just for the sake of being different, brave and plucky. Its the same as form. You dont know when bad form comes in and the only way you can get out of it is by keep doing the basics right and let it pass by.

you've got to be kidding me!
he doesnt take brave decisions EVEN for the sake of it.

off late, he is the shadow of the aggressive captain and batsman he was 2-3 years ago.

another crap series like this and he should get the axe.you cannot afford to get your "basics" right at international level.

OHH DAMN!!! Laxman drops Amla there! Harbhajan finally got it but Laxman fluffed it all up!

Good crowd at the Eden! One stand is absolutely jam packed. This is why test matches should be played only at the major cities of India (Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi).

I am quite dissapointed after seeing the same bowling lineup. Sreesanth is way better than Ishant in recent time. Can't see us restricting RSA under 450.

So far, its going on the lines of that Eden classic match in 2001 (Australia dominated sessions 1 and 2 of the opening day and spectacularly collapsed in session 3 and Hayden who played so well in that series just like Amla here was again threatening for a big one). A repeat of that game would be sensational.:D

Amla dropped on 60, he was dropped at Nagpur on 140 odd so both times the damage had been done. He should go on to get a 100 now , he has been playing more shots than usual and he will probably hopefully go into Amla shell/rock solid mode. No shots in the air, its the simplest advice and it came from the greatest of all time.

Horrible drop by Laxman, will only add to the pressure on him to perform now, first match back in the side after the rookies failed at Nagpur.

Harbhajan screamed to the heavens after seeing Laxman drop the ball... a lot of frustration there

Amla is seeing the ball like a watermelon. Be nice to see him and the debutant continue like this. Dare I say it, they deserve a ton? That always jinxes them.

Harbhajan screamed to the heavens after seeing Laxman drop the ball... a lot of frustration there

Amla is seeing the ball like a watermelon. Be nice to see him and the debutant continue like this. Dare I say it, they deserve a ton? That always jinxes them.

What have you done!
Mow we're screwed

Does Amla speak Hindi?

Hmarka added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Both guys approaching their 100s would be a nice time to bring Sharma back.

What have you done!
Mow we're screwed

LOL

Does anyone know the Test record for consecutive runs without being dismissed? Might be relevant here for Amla. The record has to at least be 400 (Lara)......

Users who are viewing this thread