South African Tour of India 2010

Wow, IPL seems to be favorite punching bag. Whenever something goes wrong blame it on IPL. It always happens with the players who perform exceptionally in first year coz other teams sort them out after a year or so. Only better players then emerge as winners then.
dilshan become a completely different player after IPL .

Sehwag is another batsman, like Amla, who has really boosted his batting average. I recall only 6-8 weeks ago, Sehwag finally got his average above 50.00. Now it's 53.52 and climbing. I guess a few half-centuries, a couple of centuries and a double century will do that for ya! Good stuff.

This is a smashing treat for all the Indian fans watching the game. Tendulkar has shown his masterclass with a few crackling drives too. Sehwag has been murderous. India are in this position because of our bowling performance yesterday when we took 7 wickets in that last session. Had we not done it, SA would have batted for the most of today and would have amassed 600+ and batted us out of the match. The wicket is a beauty for batting today, yet wickets can be had (as in the case of Vijay and Gambhir).

If we go at this rate, India might have a 50-60 run lead by tonight and thats amazing considering when we started

Last edited:
I must say that I had my doubts on whether Tendulkar would be able to keep up his form against the SA pace attack but he has provem me wrong. He is well and truely back to his best, in some ways even more solid than how he used to bat in the 90s.

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

India hopefully get 800 runs

We`ll get bowled out for 400.

Has ICC changed the rules of Wides in Tests?

In Nagpur, the ball turned off the rough at times and so there was more chance that it could come into the batsmen and was not construed negative bowling. But here with Harris not having the footmarks to turn the ball into the batsmen and most of the balls going straight through, the umpire is calling Harris for negative bowling by giving him wides. Its not actually wide in the real sense, he is being penalized for negative bowling.

I must say that I had my doubts on whether Tendulkar would be able to keep up his form against the SA pace attack but he has provem me wrong. He is well and truely back to his best, in some ways even more solid than how he used to bat in the 90s.

aditya123 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

We`ll get bowled out for 400.

No, not enough! We should atleast get 500 here. Since we will be batting last, we got to have a cushion of a 200 lead.

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

That'd be fine too

Yeah right now, SA will take that!:D

The rules state that when the bowler is bowling a negative line, the umpire should call wides according to the One Day guidelines. Therefore Ian Gould is perfectly right to call some of this Harris stuff wides.

The rules state that when the bowler is bowling a negative line, the umpire should call wides according to the One Day guidelines. Therefore Ian Gould is perfectly right to call some of this Harris stuff wides.

Yes and that's good to see. Negative bowling tactics is frustrating to watch

In Nagpur, the ball turned off the rough at times and so there was more chance that it could come into the batsmen and was not construed negative bowling. But here with Harris not having the footmarks to turn the ball into the batsmen and most of the balls going straight through, the umpire is calling Harris for negative bowling by giving him wides. Its not actually wide in the real sense, he is being penalized for negative bowling.
Thanks for explaining :). Never knew this rule.

Be ready for a collapse here. The ball is now reversing and Steyn has been brought into the attack.

Users who are viewing this thread