Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Unfortunately, time is never something you get at Madrid. I am hoping thats not the case this time. People usually look at Marca as being pro-Madrid, but as far as I am concerned, they cause us more harm than good. Their efforts in getting Pelligrini out is just outrageous.

I dont care what happens this season, but Pelligrini has already proven himself in La Liga, and you just have to give him time, and by time I mean, more than one season, especially if its your first with a team filled with newcomers. I know Granero and Arbeloa are from our youth teams, but they have been away for a while so it'll take them time as well to fully adapt to Pelligrini's system.

Auwais

International Coach
If Los Blancos want success, they need stability.

Sacking Del Bosque and Capello after winning the La Liga was hardly the cleverest thing to do, especially when you consider their successors.

They need to take a look at Man Utd, Fergie's been in charge for us for 23 years and look at all the success we've had down the years.

But I don't think they'll give him enough time, I think he was their third choice behind Mourinho and Wenger, so I'll be surprised. They need to remember they're running a prestigious football club, not a circus.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Forget about Del Bosque and Capello as all thats in the past (I never really liked Capello's tactics even though he won us back the title).

Looking at the positives, Perez and Valdano do appear to be behind Pelligrini, even when we lost to Alcorcon. I think what we all needed to see is improvement in performances, which is what Pelligrini has achieved since the Alcorcon game. Its still far from what we expect from our squad but its atleast on the right path.

Tonight's games are crucial. Almeria are not the best travellers but we might play a good portion of the game without both Kaka and Ronaldo. I think its a perfect opportunity for the others (VDV, Granero) to step up and make themselves counted. They might not be getting too many chances, but they need to make the most of the few they get.

I have a good feeling that Deportivo will take atleast a couple of points of the catalans.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Can't believe that happened. He pretty much won us the game and then ends up getting sent off in that fashion. We've got a really tough one against Valencia next weekend as well.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Good win last night. Must admit I was really nervous but Pelligrini has a good record against Valencia and his tactics were excellent last night. Both our goals originated from Jeremy Mathieu so again asks questions of our defence, which overall was better than usual though especially Albiol. Pepe's injury bothers me and add to that the fact that Barcelona cheated their way to another victory.

Last edited:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
The first half was pathetic, the second was much better but overall I think a draw was a fair result. Little disappointed with Pipita though.

Auwais

International Coach
Good chance to close the gap thrown away.

The other day, I was looking at Barca's squad from last season and they had barely 20 first team players.

How lucky were they with injuries last season, especially as their front three were all quite injury prone.

I was trying to replicate their sextuple on FM09 and Messi, Eto'o, Henry and co kept on getting injured, so I was screwed. :(

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
2010 hasn't started well for Barca. 2 games, 0 wins. Their second string side of Messi, Xavi, Alves and Pedro beaten at home by Sevilla.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Good win last night. A bit shaky in defence as usual but otherwise it was a good performance against a good Mallorca side. Good to see Kaka and Guti back in the team!

And Barca's 5-0 result against Tenerife is the biggest lie in football. The Islanders were outplaying them in the first half and were very unlucky to concede against the run of play. Completely destroyed their momentum.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
What a cracking freekick by Canales. I so hope that all the final formalities are completed soon because I cant wait to see him wear the white jersey!

Can't believe Osasuna conceded three at home. I am backing Racing to go all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread