Spanish Football thread

Who will win the La Liga this season?

• Total voters

Dipak

ICC Board Member
What a win by Barca! I guess that really spices the title battle up with Atletico on top now. Would be really interesting, with just 9 games remaining.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Pinto GK with that defence LOL

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pinto GK with that defence LOL

I forgot about this:D. If Valdes had any decency he'd sign back on for a season. Montoya and Puyol will also be gone. Montoya shouldn't be a huge loss since Adriano can play RB as well and it looks like they'll need to promote someone to replace Puyol since Bartra will be taking the third choice spot with Pique and Mascherano first choice. Maybe Song might be having more of a go at CB too. On the bench of course that is.

I hope Barca hit a Man Utd-esque rut due to this.

Glory Glory Barca!

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Valdes might stay back... or he can be an absolute hero and leave Barca in the summer and let them pay for their mess.

wonder what this ban does to ter Stegen and Hilalovic deals. Will their deals be canceled or pushed forward to 2015, unlikely though.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
wonder what this ban does to ter Stegen and Hilalovic deals. Will their deals be canceled or pushed forward to 2015, unlikely though.

wasn't he signed on pre contract?
And isn't Hilalovic playing for the Barca B?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
that should be obvious. Their contracts are effective from the next window. Barcelona are banned from buying anyone in the summer window and the following january window. It shouldn't matter if they are pre contracts.

the fact that they're banned for illegal transfers,

How Barcelona earned some of the most staggering FIFA sanctions in recent history | For The Win

hilalovic doesn't cut the checklist anyway so his move should be off, at least for another year or totally canceled.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
^If that is true I hope Liverpool come in and do a Chelsea. We want the "next Messi" :p

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
that should be obvious. Their contracts are effective from the next window. Barcelona are banned from buying anyone in the summer window and the following january window. It shouldn't matter if they are pre contracts.

How Barcelona earned some of the most staggering FIFA sanctions in recent history | For The Win

hilalovic doesn't cut the checklist anyway so his move should be off, at least for another year or totally canceled.

yeah I was going to say, ter stegen maybe, but given signing hilalovic contravenes the very laws they're getting sanctioned for the transfer will surely be canceled.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
barcelona's defense is the most self-entitled garbage I've ever read.

it's like someone trafficing sex-workers turning round and saying, "yes, I know, but my bed is lovely and I'm an amazing lover."

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Guess I'm alone on this one, but what in the fish is wrong with signing a kid under the age of 18 from some obscure country and moving his family to Barcelona where he will live a life superior to that of anything his homeland could possibly offer, all the while playing a sport the kid loves and quite possibly developing into a great player?

To think that the way the regulations stand now that Messi would've ended up a 4 foot tall midget with probably a below par education and possibly not a whole lot of money instead of the greatest player in the world with a decent education and a fish ton of money is what gets me.

Forgetting that Croatia recently joined the EU are we?

----------

?I cannot imagine for even a second that my client Alen Halilovic will not be able to play for Barcelona,? Dupont said. ?The operation took place before the punishment was imposed.?

Dupont also backed what appears to be Barca?s defence in the case, that their La Masia academy provides an excellent all-round education for youngsters, and should not be subject to rules designed to combat the ?trafficking? of children by unscrupulous agents and clubs.

?FIFA has done well to identify the problem,? he said. ?But I believe they are giving out the wrong medicine. When FIFA?s prohibitions do not allow a future for a boy and his family, it is the rules which are wrong. It does not surprise me that Barca sign a kid of 11 years old, if guarantees are given that he will be given an education and correct social support.?

Alen Halilovic's transfer to Barcelona will happen despite FIFA ban, says Bosman lawyer - ESPN FC

I can't see how Barca loses this if it goes all the way to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Forgetting that Croatia recently joined the EU are we?

I'll give you that but his case has quite a few barriers before he can don the barca jersey next season, hence moving within the EU is more or less nullified. Same with Ter Stegen. I'm sure education and personal requirements are a given for youth transfers. Although the point has diverged from the original. It's what's happened in the club prior to these proposed summer transfers has affected them. Fact that they're banned for Illegal intake of youth players speaks for more than we know. I won't be surprised if stuff about agents pop up in the spotlight eventually.

As you said the CAS wouldn't help Barcelona's plight, if not pile more misery on them.

Users who are viewing this thread