Sri Lanka in Australia

lol quite an interesting situation

Bayliss targets his former charge

Jaques faces a familiar enemy

Peter English in Brisbane

November 6, 2007
Phil Jaques is confident he knows what plans Trevor Bayliss will use against him © Getty Images

One of Trevor Bayliss' tasks as Sri Lanka's coach is working out a way to ruin the international re-entry of a player he worked so hard with to earn an Australian spot. Phil Jaques, who will open with Matthew Hayden on Thursday, has been closely monitored by Bayliss since he was in the New South Wales Under-19 squad and the pair was operating together in the state's senior team as recently as March.

Sri Lanka enlisted Bayliss as Tom Moody's replacement three months later and his jump into the international arena was made more interesting by his intimate knowledge of Australia's Sydney-based contingent of Jaques, Stuart Clark, Michael Clarke, Brett Lee and Stuart MacGill. Jaques has been a stop-gap measure in two Tests but he has a chance for an extended run after being promoted into Justin Langer's old position. Bayliss is trying to make him fail.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ausvsl/content/current/story/318575.html

Interesting call that would be. Give Johnson and Hilfenhaus a debut one after the other, both in their home state? I doubt Johnson would be out after one test match though.

Would be perfect but yea very unlikely they would drop someone after a test. Probably after the series although this being only a 2 match series makes it trickier.

Also depends how the other guys do on the domestic scene. If Hilfy, Tait, Bracks or even Noffke play a blinder it may enter the selectors minds, but if they are only average it would certainly play in Johnsons favour.

The latter two look like they would have to do a hell of a lot to catch the eye of the selectors. Noffke pretty much at his peak if he can maintain his current form he deserves selections.

Oh and I just remembered Tait is out injured with his elbow till December sometime :p whoops

Pretty much the lineup I predicted. Wonder if Johnson will get another go if he goes crap.
It would be cute if they played Johnson in Brisbane and Hilfenhaus in Hobart, but I think Johnson will get at least both games to prove himself, probably each test against India as well. They don't make these decisions lightly.

Midnight start.

Lunch at 2.00am, 40 minutes.

Restart at 2.40am.

Tea at 4.40am, 20 minutes.

Restart at 5.00am.

Close of play at 7.00am (7.30am if extra half hour taken)

So I get up at 6.30am, that's a maximum of 1 hour's live cricket.

:brickwall

Interesting call that would be. Give Johnson and Hilfenhaus a debut one after the other, both in their home state? I doubt Johnson would be out after one test match though.

Given Australia has a lot of crikcet to come i would think Johnson, Tait, Hilfenhaus and Noffke will all get a run unless one of them does awesome.
Midnight start.

Lunch at 2.00am, 40 minutes.

Restart at 2.40am.

Tea at 4.40am, 20 minutes.

Restart at 5.00am.

Close of play at 7.00am (7.30am if extra half hour taken)

So I get up at 6.30am, that's a maximum of 1 hour's live cricket.

:brickwall

Get up at 6:00am :p

From Noon through till a few hours before the NZ game for me. BRILLIANT!

Looking forward to it.

Given Australia has a lot of crikcet to come i would think Johnson, Tait, Hilfenhaus and Noffke will all get a run unless one of them does awesome.

Get up at 6:00am :p

Nah, I'm pretty confident in saying that Noffke wont play a test match against Sri Lanka nor India.

Not looking good boys.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.loop.shtml

/\ Radar. bad. Gonna be delayed me thinks.

Here is the forcast. Good after the first day. We should get a full match in. But I reckon the start'll be delayed tomorrow.

Code:
Forecast for Thursday
Cloudy with a few showers. Light to moderate SE winds.                      

Precis:       A few showers                      
City:         Min 17    Max 23
Bayside:      Min 17    Max 23
UV Index:     12 [Extreme] UV Alert from  7:40 to 15:30

Friday        A shower or two                        Min 17    Max 24
Saturday      Mostly fine                            Min 17    Max 25
Sunday        Mostly fine                            Min 18    Max 25
Monday        Fine                                   Min 18    Max 26
Tuesday       Fine                                   Min 18    Max 27
Wednesday     Fine                                   Min 17    Max 26

Last edited:
will it be delayed ??

its good in one hand cuz i would be able to see the start :p else shud get up at 5.30 to watch the start :noway

Users who are viewing this thread