Sri Lanka in Australia

Much better 2nd spell by Bollinger, picking up 2 to go with his 1 last night. Good knock by Mash with 95. One more wicket before we get to see Hughes in action.

Hughes is in now looks to be going good so far.

I think Symonds should be chosen for the test side due to current good form I think he will do well in the tests.
The methodology will be that he was in the side last time and since his last game, hasn't done anything to get dropped. He's also good sidebanding on either seaming or turning pitches and in the event of an injury.

On form, though, it'd be disappointing if David Hussey doesn't get a call up any time this season.

At the other end, Johnson has done nothing to justify 1st Test selection, so Hilfenhaus and Tait will definitely have a shot during the week. Cullen may even be in the mix if MacGill struggles.

Clarke has to bat at 4 and Hussey 5. Hes our future, he needs to cement his spot at 4.
No, you put one of your best batsman at number 4 which Hussey is and Clarke isn't as it allows Hussey more time to bat.

Hussey will probably be in the team for the next 5-6 years anyway.

The methodology will be that he was in the side last time and since his last game, hasn't done anything to get dropped. He's also good sidebanding on either seaming or turning pitches and in the event of an injury.

On form, though, it'd be disappointing if David Hussey doesn't get a call up any time this season.

At the other end, Johnson has done nothing to justify 1st Test selection, so Hilfenhaus and Tait will definitely have a shot during the week. Cullen may even be in the mix if MacGill struggles.

yeh the Johnson situation is an interesting one. But then again Brett Lee hasnt faired much better in Sydney. I'd take Hilfenhaus over Tait in the longer form anyday. When Tait tires he becomes wayward and i cant help but feel even if hes 5% off his game he'll go for plenty. Hilf is built like a brick sh*thouse and can bowl 35 over spells if need be...unlike tait. And everyone seems to have forgotten his last two pura cup seasons.

im tipping Brad Hogg to get the spinners spot.

I guess the Aussies will whitewash Lanka here.
There are no matches at Adeladie where the ball might have turned to offer Murali some respite.

David Hussey won't play Tests. He will be lucky to get a shot in ODIs anyways. Adam Voges is ahead of him in the pecking order and is younger so the selectors would rather go with him. Iam scared the selectors are going to pick Johnson off his form in the ODI series - bad move. He hasn't proven himself enough at Pura Cup level yet. Tait>Johnson. Hilfenhaus surely has to be in the mix as well. Hasn't done a thing wrong. Angy, what are you thinking?! Dan Cullen to play Test Cricket?! Thats ridiculous. He isn't in form, is to young and last season he had a very poor season. I don't think he will be affective at all against opposition like Sri Lanka and India - great players of spin. He will get walloped, lose confidence and then we will probably see him again in 3 years time.

First game back from injury, cut him some slack.

Here is something for some Aussies to get their teeth into: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvsl/content/current/story/317412.html
Meh, yeah right, Murali.

yeh the Johnson situation is an interesting one. But then again Brett Lee hasnt faired much better in Sydney. I'd take Hilfenhaus over Tait in the longer form anyday. When Tait tires he becomes wayward and i cant help but feel even if hes 5% off his game he'll go for plenty. Hilf is built like a brick sh*thouse and can bowl 35 over spells if need be...unlike tait. And everyone seems to have forgotten his last two pura cup seasons.

im tipping Brad Hogg to get the spinners spot.
Good post, I agree. But c'mon, imagine the chants at the GABBA.

"LT,LT,LT,LT"

Its like Lille and Thompson:)

I would love to see these two play Test Cricket with each other.
I wouldnt mind if Hilfenhaus gets the spot. He is accurate, is a swing bowler and has proven himself.

I guess the Aussies will whitewash Lanka here.
There are no matches at Adeladie where the ball might have turned to offer Murali some respite.

Adelaide? Adelaide is a flat track mate! Batsman's paradise!

First game back from injury, cut him some slack.

Here is something for some Aussies to get their teeth into: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvsl/content/current/story/317412.html

If you're not going to tour a country because of their crowds, then you are mentally weak, not strong.

Anyone think Katich is in the selectors mind after that knock of his?
I hope not.

He will be. If Jaques gets injured, he may get the nod. I don't see Rogers getting it, and there is no way Hodge is getting it after his
duke.jpg

All hail Hodgey! :hpraise

Last edited:
Hilfy hasn't done anything special to force the selectors to pick him :(
Bad luck to Hughes on missing a half century would have been an awesome feat for him. Lewis has hit back well in the 2nd inns but as expected this game is headed for the draw.

In light of Katich's triple, I feel sorry for him that his good form is being 'wasted'. But then again, there are many other talents just waiting on the sidelines.

David Hussey
Adam Voges
Chris Rogers

Users who are viewing this thread