Sri Lanka in Australia

He thinks he is the man, he just stands there and acts as if he is Gods gift to Cricket!
lee2qd.gif

Well i must say, he is mean with the balls.

'Selectors are muppets headed by a joker'

the real truth :(

---------------------------------------------------

Australia v Sri Lanka, 1st Test, Brisbane, 3rd day

'Selectors are muppets headed by a joker' - Atapattu

Marvan Atapattu lashed out at the national selectors calling them a set of muppets headed by a joker as Sri Lanka strived hard to stave off defeat in the first cricket Test against Australia at the Gabba.

"Sri Lanka cricket at this moment of time is not going in the direction it should be going especially with a set of muppets headed by a joker. I don't give credit to the way they have handled selections," Atapattu told at a press conference held at the end of the day.

http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/319220.html

Haha, so his selection for this tour was made by a set of muppets then;)

Yeah, the Sri Lankan sports minister has a lot of power. In hindsight, it was probably the right call, although I think there are yet more players that have been gypped about.

Are you kidding? Clarke hit a 50 in the Gabba ashes last year, a Hundred at SA in the second ashes test and a hundred at WA in the third Ashes test and now a great 145* knock this test and he still hasn't proven anything about his ability in Test match cricket?

Her has over 1500 runs at an average of 42 with 4 hundreds and 5 fifitys.

Amused. Misunderstood. I meant if Clarke deserves to be 4 and not Hussey. But regarding his position, lets see him consistent in overseas tests. Same with Jaques actually. And not against Bangladesh.

Sri Lanka look like they're done for, but Silva's innings was quite entertaining. At least he had the balls to attack when his team were 60 for 4, I was quite surprised.

He thinks he is the man, he just stands there and acts as if he is Gods gift to Cricket!
lee2qd.gif

Hey! I thnk it is great that he does his little dance thingy when he gets a wicket. It is great to see a cricketer enjoying his cricket. Would you rather him do a "MacGill" and just yell or scream in anger? Brett Lee actually looks like he is happy.

Last edited:
Hey! I thnk it is great that he does his little dance thingy when he gets a wicket. It is great to see a cricketer enjoying his cricket. Would you rather him do a "MacGill" and just yell or scream in anger? Brett Lee actually looks like he is happy.

Yeah i agree, something different then just waving the index finger around like Clark and a lot of other bowlers do.

Amused. Misunderstood. I meant if Clarke deserves to be 4 and not Hussey. But regarding his position, lets see him consistent in overseas tests. Same with Jaques actually. And not against Bangladesh.

Ahh Ok. Well that great Ashes series Clarke had was when he was at 4 and that was my reason being why he should play this series at 4 but he did a great job at 5 and Hussey did awesome at 4 so maybe just leave it.

Jaques hasn't played an overseas test before, except against Bangladesh. So we will just have to see in a next overseas tour which is Pakistan after our Home Season finishes.

Ahh Ok. Well that great Ashes series Clarke had was when he was at 4 and that was my reason being why he should play this series at 4
Ashes 06/07
1st Test
no. 6: 56

2nd Test
no. 6: 124 & 21 n.o.

3rd Test
no. 5: 37 & 135 n.o.

4th Test
no. 5: 5

5th Test
no. 5: 11

Users who are viewing this thread