Sri Lanka in Australia

Be careful what you wish for. It could come back for the whole of tomorrow ;)

Wait ofcoruse. Martyn was at 4 and Hussey 5 the Games when Clarke was at 6 then when Clarke was at 5 Hussey was at 4.

Spot on mate:p

Johnson got Jayawardne, we really needed that wicket - that partership was frustrating!

OH
MY
GOD!

Stuey MacGill gets his 200th! Bowled! Spun a mile, he is world class, a legend! What a ball!

Ian Chappell stole my ideas! That's exactly what I've said! Less teams at the World Cup, more teams at T20. Globalise the game with T20 exposure in a tournament that will still be only 2 weeks long, meanwhile, improve the quality of the World Cup.

Oh, and another beauty, catch by Hussey from strong cut - game really over now. 2 quick wickets.

Yeah, I agree with Angy and Chappeli!

Wait ofcoruse. Martyn was at 4 and Hussey 5 the Games when Clarke was at 6 then when Clarke was at 5 Hussey was at 4.
Yeah but Clarke shouldn't be batting in the top 4 anyways otherwise that breaks the chain of our best 3 batsman in consequtive positions (Hayden, Ponting & Hussey) and we should be giving them as much time to bat as possible. Clarke can wait inline.

Johnson hasn't convinced me, I didn't think he has done that well considering the large total his had to bowl at. His wickets have been from the batsman being tentitive and merely trying to survive or his been brought in after a wicket has just fallen and taken credit for the hard work done by Clark & MacGil.

most fast bowlers dont mature until they are 30 or past 30, Johnson is raw, anyone with an eye can see that, but the more exposure he gets now, the better he will be when he hits 30...when he is 30, Lee, Ponting, Hussey, Gilchrist, MacGill, Clark, Hayden will all be well and truely gone..

Johnson is part of the future

Yeah but Clarke shouldn't be batting in the top 4 anyways otherwise that breaks the chain of our best 3 batsman in consequtive positions (Hayden, Ponting & Hussey) and we should be giving them as much time to bat as possible. Clarke can wait inline.
Yes but this means we have a Left Hander, Left Hander, Right Hander and another left Hander.

most fast bowlers dont mature until they are 30 or past 30, Johnson is raw, anyone with an eye can see that, but the more exposure he gets now, the better he will be when he hits 30...when he is 30, Lee, Ponting, Hussey, Gilchrist, MacGill, Clark, Hayden will all be well and truely gone..

Johnson is part of the future
Yeah, they mature but lose the sort of pace they once had.

Good to see Australia are gonna win by an innings. At least it may overshadow our embarrassing performance. At least Sri Lanka were on a belting pitch. There is really no excuse for that.

I highly doubt there were many demons on a pitch where one side makes 422/3. I dont think theres an excuse for getting bowled out for 118 mate. Teams from the sub continent genarally struggle on bouncy pitches. Not surprising.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread