Star World Mafia - Endgame - Mafia (barmyarmy and Varun) win!

Okay, game over BKB. First of all, your role claim as survivor along with this vote manipulation thing doesn't make sense, especially since MaD has the same role. And second, I AM Barney Stinson, and I'm the town vigilante. I can kill only mafia though, and die myself instead of killing them if I target town.

All that Homer Simpson crap was made up (it should've been obvious, why would there be an animated character in the game) just in an effort to lure you out. And I have even alluded to it before, in almost all of my posts after I FOS'ed you. I also have been reiterating whether the Night 0 writeup mentioned you, as Barney had a casanova personality and indulged in a lot of one night stands. I knew for myself it wasn't me, and was trying to see how would explain that. And you haven't. Which seems to indicate to me only one thing, that you're that person and consequently are trying to evade me an explanation.

I don't feel the need to explain more, except that I haven't used my role till now, as I wasn't confirmed on anyone. I am only entirely convinced (obviously) that you are mafia - and as I think of it, you didn't even need to fear me counterclaiming you, given the differences in the time zones I could have easily been lynched off, especially given how hammer-happy town is in short games, and how inactive I am nowadays.

Lynch: BKB.

Vote Count

Varun (2) - MaD, Radonx
BKB1991 (1) - Varun

With 6 alive, it takes 4 for a lynch.

Okay, game over BKB. First of all, your role claim as survivor along with this vote manipulation thing doesn't make sense, especially since MaD has the same role. And second, I AM Barney Stinson, and I'm the town vigilante. I can kill only mafia though, and die myself instead of killing them if I target town.

All that Homer Simpson crap was made up (it should've been obvious, why would there be an animated character in the game) just in an effort to lure you out. And I have even alluded to it before, in almost all of my posts after I FOS'ed you. I also have been reiterating whether the Night 0 writeup mentioned you, as Barney had a casanova personality and indulged in a lot of one night stands. I knew for myself it wasn't me, and was trying to see how would explain that. And you haven't. Which seems to indicate to me only one thing, that you're that person and consequently are trying to evade me an explanation.

I don't feel the need to explain more, except that I haven't used my role till now, as I wasn't confirmed on anyone. I am only entirely convinced (obviously) that you are mafia - and as I think of it, you didn't even need to fear me counterclaiming you, given the differences in the time zones I could have easily been lynched off, especially given how hammer-happy town is in short games, and how inactive I am nowadays.

Lynch: BKB.

Well done Varun, for a while you convinced me I was mafia..

BUT look at the bold part.

Lure me out? I had already claimed before you did, and if I was mafia why the hell would I claim I was Barney, a character definitely in the game and knowing fully well I would be counterclaimed. Why would I not claim a character who would be borderline in the game and best be a vanilla. Hang on, you did just that!

The two dodgy claims have come from both Colin and Varun, and the fact that Colin has been pushing to get my lynched as well, makes me seem like you both are working together. Add to that, the role seems very cleverly created, something Colin would do.

Its so obvious hes mafia, and if someone disagrees, I ask why the hell would I claim I am someone whos bound to be in the game knowing fully well I would be cc'ed. He doesnt even have a powerful role.

AND, if you really were Barney, why didnt you counterclaim me right away? You made a fake roleclaim and was waiting for me to post and reveal what?

Honestly I have been lynched when I was town for really stupid reasons, but If I am lynched for this again, this would trump them all

At the risk of "supporting my mafia buddy" his explanation of the role, with regard to the write-ups, sounds more convincing than yours.
Also I don't see why my claim is weak. It's mentioned in the night 1 write-up, it fits the character and additionally, I've been investigated by the cop and pronounced pro-town.
I reckon you need to focus on explaining some of the holes in you role claim. If I have to choose which one of you is more likely to be Barney Stinson then I find town-aligned vig more convincing than survivor with a one-off vote manipulation...
How does what you've claimed fit in any way with the write-up?

Like I said I'm not going to lynch either of you yet because I want to get this right but you've left a lot of questions unanswered.

----------

if I was mafia why the hell would I claim I was Barney, a character definitely in the game and knowing fully well I would be counterclaimed.

Because it's LyLo; it doesn't matter if Varun is revealed as Barney on death. You won't get lynched because you've won. It's a fairly common LyLo mafia gambit in fact.

At the risk of "supporting my mafia buddy" his explanation of the role, with regard to the write-ups, sounds more convincing than yours.
Also I don't see why my claim is weak. It's mentioned in the night 1 write-up, it fits the character and additionally, I've been investigated by the cop and pronounced pro-town.
I reckon you need to focus on explaining some of the holes in you role claim. If I have to choose which one of you is more likely to be Barney Stinson then I find town-aligned vig more convincing than survivor with a one-off vote manipulation...
How does what you've claimed fit in any way with the write-up?

Like I said I'm not going to lynch either of you yet because I want to get this right but you've left a lot of questions unanswered.

----------

Because it's LyLo; it doesn't matter if Varun is revealed as Barney on death. You won't get lynched because you've won. It's a fairly common LyLo mafia gambit in fact.

Well I was only mentioned last night, and not before so I dont really see what more is required to fit with the writeup.
Where were you mentioned in the writeup? I did ask this before to help us clear things, but guess you forgot about that..
Investigated by the cop? Dont forget mafia do have a one shot protection at times from cop investigations. So thats a possibly a null point on your defence
And what is lylo? I am sorry I dont play mafia outside these forums so please clear this out.
Also can you please explain why didnt Varun counterclaim me right away? Its quite obvious he waited to see all the claims and realized his was the weakest and went after me, incidentally the same person who you are going against? Colin, if you assume I am mafia, then who is my partner? No ones defending me, but you seem to be defending Varun.

Also how can Barney ever be a killer? Logic please, isnt he more of a player than a killer? (this is directed at Varun) How does killing fit in?

Unlynch: Varun for now. But I have to agree with BKB here. Varun, if you are Barney, You should have counter claimed BKB right after he claimed Barney. But you claimed Homer Simpson and vanilla. This looks like the mafia trying to clutch stews by counter claiming.

And Colin, I don't see your role mentioned anywhere in the writeup.

----------

*clutch straws :facepalm

Yeah what is LyLo?

Also Varun, does it say why you're a killer in your role?

BKB are you only a one time manipulation or do you have the ability to do it every night, as long as the person is town?

Manipulator and Motivator are completely different roles, mines more of a replacement for DV.

This is pretty interesting, although at least it's clear that one of you is mafia.
I'm leaning more towards it being Varun atm

Also how can Barney ever be a killer? Logic please, isnt he more of a player than a killer? (this is directed at Varun) How does killing fit in?

My role description says that even though I am the sort of a person I am, who doesn't seem to take life seriously at all, I have a guilty conscience lurking inside me, and it has prompted me to take the matter into my hands, and be the town killer, that is, the vigilante and using my shrewd observation to spot out the guilty. But I die when I try to kill a town aligned person.

Just made me think, how can Barney be a vote manipulator? Extrapolating 'picking up women' to manipulating someone's opinions (or votes) doesn't make much sense, does it? Especially when you are claiming to be a survivor.

----------

AND, if you really were Barney, why didnt you counterclaim me right away? You made a fake roleclaim and was waiting for me to post and reveal what?

That should've been obvious to a townie. We had to lynch a mafia, else we would lose. I noticed how you claim matched up everything (except the Night 0 thing, of which you had no answer), and my CC'ing wouldn't have done a thing. I was simply waiting for you to post something, that I could point out, and definitely prove to others that you are mafia.

I know this is all ambivalent - one can assume one of BKB and me to be mafia and the other not, and everything still makes sense - but in the end, we have to make the right decision and it is lynch or lose.

Hmm just realised how BKB didn't mention the part about him dying if he used his role on a townie, when he first claimed. That's pretty dodgy...

I'm not sure who to go for here

But I'm thinking BKB is telling truth. When we have a JOAT, last thing we need is a vig who dies when he kills a townie in a 9 player game.

Another night meant another case as she approached her target's room, just when he was busy elsewhere.

This was the only time I've been targeted and it confirms I was off doing my searching role.

----------

He valued his 'legendary' life more than anything else, and hence decided to remain silent for yet another night.

This is the key passage. I don't see how an individual aligned survivor would lose his life for trying to manipulate the vote of a mafia. I have never heard of such a role. Additionally individual aligned roles don't have restrictions on who they can target; that's why an SK is individual and a Vig is pro-town.
What would be the benefit to a survivor of having a one-shot chance to change the vote of a townie? Why not a mafia? Is that supposed to help him survive?
I agree with a lot of the points made by BKB but underneath it all there is something that absolutely does not add up about his claim.

LyLo is important because it means there is no comeback for blatantly lying or claiming someone else's character. I guess it's not technically LyLo as we could no lynch but there would be no point at this stage in doing that.

Hmm just realised how BKB didn't mention the part about him dying if he used his role on a townie, when he first claimed. That's pretty dodgy...

I'm not sure who to go for here

I didn't notice that either; I thought he said he couldn't target mafia players but he actually can't target town. Let's look at the risk reward of this role:
You have to correctly guess one of the two (?) mafia players. If you get it wrong you're dead.
Your reward for correctly guessing isn't to kill them; it's to choose who they vote for tomorrow. Seriously? You'd never use the role and I don't reckon it would exist.

Users who are viewing this thread