Star World Mafia - Endgame - Mafia (barmyarmy and Varun) win!

Wait no, I meant, "used his role on a mafia", as in, when he first claimed, he didn't say why he would die if he used his role.

----------

Unlynch: Varun

Not sure at all tbf

Each night I get to choose one person and influence him to vote for another. However, if I pick a mafia to vote for someone, the result is catastrophic.

On further enquiry I found catastrophic meaning as I would die, so hence I havent used my role in risk of death, and my strategy so far has been to save it and probably use it in the last few nights where I kinda know the mafia/town is and help me to survive the game by lynching the other party out.

Here it is.He said that he can't target a mafia without dying.
This is what's known as a Swiss Cheese claim.

----------

Survivor, and I have the one shot option to influence someones vote. Needless to say havent used that role yet.

Another inconsistency. Here he says it's a one-shot ability. Above he says "each night".

Clear evidence of him changing his story and lying.

Sorry about the inconsistency, what I meant was I could have chosen any night, but it was a one shot role. As you can see from the night writeups I havent used it at all, so its obviously a one shot thing. Please dont lynch me on that basis because I just erred in posting (which Incidentally got Yudi killed)

Yeah what is LyLo?

Also Varun, does it say why you're a killer in your role?

BKB are you only a one time manipulation or do you have the ability to do it every night, as long as the person is town?

Manipulator and Motivator are completely different roles, mines more of a replacement for DV.

This is pretty interesting, although at least it's clear that one of you is mafia.
I'm leaning more towards it being Varun atm

I have a one time manipulation to help me survive, MaD.

My role description says that even though I am the sort of a person I am, who doesn't seem to take life seriously at all, I have a guilty conscience lurking inside me, and it has prompted me to take the matter into my hands, and be the town killer, that is, the vigilante and using my shrewd observation to spot out the guilty. But I die when I try to kill a town aligned person.

Just made me think, how can Barney be a vote manipulator? Extrapolating 'picking up women' to manipulating someone's opinions (or votes) doesn't make much sense, does it? Especially when you are claiming to be a survivor.

----------

That should've been obvious to a townie. We had to lynch a mafia, else we would lose. I noticed how you claim matched up everything (except the Night 0 thing, of which you had no answer), and my CC'ing wouldn't have done a thing. I was simply waiting for you to post something, that I could point out, and definitely prove to others that you are mafia.

I know this is all ambivalent - one can assume one of BKB and me to be mafia and the other not, and everything still makes sense - but in the end, we have to make the right decision and it is lynch or lose.

I will divide this into sections to discredit you so you dont get away with it.

1) I have only seen like 5-6 episodes HIMYM, Barney is never such a person. All he does is try and pick up women, and he seems to have no guilty conscience, no karma.

2) As Radonx mentions we have possibly three killers in a 9 player game. We know two of them, and it makes no sense for a vigilante to be only able to kill mafia. Vigilante is given the role in games to create confusion when he kills town, or takes risks in killing a mafia. This is plainly stupid. "Shrewd observations" from Barney? Seriously?

3) Picking up women is what Barney does. And the role is given to me as Barney because how else can do you pick up women? My PM says "You have a thorough understanding of human behavior and use this mainly to manipulate situations to your advantage" and that goes perfectly well with my claim as survivor, because I just need to survive with any party. The role comes useful when we might possibly have a potential deadlock and I can come out and use my role to lynch either town/mafia to help me SURVIVE. Ask anyone whos seen HIMYM, is Barney likely to be a motivator or a killer? Just google him and you will find enough info

4) Varun has conveniently avoided the obvious question, why he didnt counterclaim me right away? FFS hes clearly lied his character for no freakin reason, I just dont get why people are not questioning him. He hasnt explained it at all

5) If I am the mafia and this is "lylo" where is my partner whos coming to defend me? Colins trying so so hard to get me lynched, its ridiculous you cant see it. Every post hes making in the last few pages is aimed at me, and not Varun, I havent seem him question Varun one bit. Why? If you are so interested at finding the truth, do you not care to question him?

6) And Colin is lying as well. Cant you see it? Hes been using his role every night, and yet hes only mentioned once? I have not used my role and I have been mentioned, whereas he whos using his role every night is not mentioned at all? And who in this game is likely to be the one Colin is looking for?

The first three are directed at Varun and the last two are sort of at Colin, but its meant for all of you to see it.

I still dont see the logic in you guys lynching me. Varun didnt even counterclaim me rightaway, he claimed another character. Claiming someone else would have made sense if I had not claimed and he could catch me then, but I had already claimed. He was trying to get away with a vanilla townie but it backfired, so he decided to go on plan b and get me.

I know I wrote a long essay, but hey the idea is for you guys to see the points clearly and individually. Varun has still not answered the most obvious question where I am trying my ass off so you can see the logic. Just read the last two three pages again from a neutral perspective and you will see Colin and Varun are ganging up on me. They had planned this when they killed Treva, because I had mentioned I had suspected him, and remember Colin lynched Yudi not me.

If this really is lylo or whatever that is called, we need to find out who the mafia are. I am saying it quite clearly its Varun and Colin. And if you guys still believe I am mafia, who is my partner? That is an important question isnt it? Colin/Varun are not pointing at anyone, at the risk of it backfiring

*Waiting for Colin to thrash my post in order to defend his buddy*

----------

I am awfully close to being hammered so please remove your lynches unless you are absolutely sure and not going to change your mind..

I haven't lynched you yet. As I've said several times I think it's important to be sure in this situation.
Clearly one of you or Varun is lying; we can agree on that so the only question that really matters is whose claim makes more sense.

BKB - Individual aligned survivor with one-off vote manipulate. Cannot target mafia or die.
Varun - Town vig. Cannot target town or die.

On balance I just find Varun's claim more believable especially added to the fact you've contradicted yourself about your role several times.

From what I read about Barneys character in wikipedia, He is opportunistic and a manipulator not a killer. And from what I gather, Haari had taken wikipedia into consideration while writing role pms. Hell, mine and Treva's role pms are straight rip-off from wikipedia.

And I find Varun more dodgy. Do you think there is only 2 mafia and no individual? Most probably there is a individual and BKB being survivor make sense to me than Varun being Vig.

Lynch: Varun

In terms of game balance you might have a point but I've never seen or heard of a one-off manipulator role where targeting mafia is fatal.

Vote Count

Varun (2) - Radonx, MaD
BKB1991 (1) - Varun

With 6 alive, it takes 4 for a lynch.

Last edited:
Thanks for you long essay BKB, but FYI I explained my reason of not CC'ing straightaway in my last post. Cbf to explain again and again.

Barney doesn't have a guilty conscience? There have been a lot of instances in the show where he shows he does have his regrets about his life, serious ones. And I can't be bothered digging up any episode histories to show that. I've watched enough of the show to know it.

That should've been obvious to a townie. We had to lynch a mafia, else we would lose. I noticed how you claim matched up everything (except the Night 0 thing, of which you had no answer), and my CC'ing wouldn't have done a thing. I was simply waiting for you to post something, that I could point out, and definitely prove to others that you are mafia.

I am assuming this was your explanation? I mentioned before I was not mentioned on Night 0 and I dont know really know who it was. Maybe its just me, but I dont really understand what you are trying to imply here. You were waiting for me to post what?

Oh please, all characters in all shows have regrets about their lives. Your role claim would have suited someone like the character from My Name is Earl, who spends his life trying to rectify his errors, not Barney.

We could have done without Highlander disappearing off on one of his 5 day drinking binges. :p
No lynch is no use as mafia now know who the roles are.

Users who are viewing this thread