Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahem! Anyone remember 6-1 series against england:rolleyes:

Nope, but I do remember the time England did you a whopping big favour and coming back to play cricket in your country after it had been bombed!

did you actually watch the match? he is the only 1 who actully hit 85% of the short balls. 1 or 2 went for 4s and rest were a good hit, but long boundry, only got 2. unlike, Raina and Rohit who just look embarassing against the bouncers

umm yeah i did watch the match thanks for asking. did you do that 85 percent calculation in your head? only one went for four and that was done the ground. he didnt hit and short ball anywhere useful.

Nope, but I do remember the time England did you a whopping big favour and coming back to play cricket in your country after it had been bombed!

Its not as if "hadnt they come, other visiting countries would not have come". England dont mind coming to India because the big bucks, the big crowds, the big exposure all rests here. NO COUNTRY CAN AVOID INDIA THESE DAYS!

I think Shane Warne is awesome, and I'm an Indian fan. Oh sorry, by your rules, it seems a supporter of one team can't like players of another team right?

everton and liverpool are rivals get it? india and australia arent.

England bowled and fielded well, probably where we won it tonight.:banana2

everton and liverpool are rivals get it? india and australia arent.

So? Sport is supposed to have friendly rivalries, you don't have to hate every single player and fan of the rival team you know.

I think Shane Warne is awesome, and I'm an Indian fan. Oh sorry, by your rules, it seems a supporter of one team can't like players of another team right?

Besides El Nino is awesome. I would say the same if he was a Blaugrana. Hell, he played for the scum before joining Liverpool. He is still awesome.

6. Let's not forget that we were playing this series without Sehwag, who was one of the key reasons we did well in the previous edition of the cup. Sehwag would have allowed us to play the dangerous finisher Rohit Sharma down the order and drop Jadeja from the line-up entirely. The BCCI didn't help matters by sending in a reserve wicket-keeper (Karthik) as a replacement and I can see how Dhoni was forced to choose Jadeja when he wanted an extra bat in the team.

Who would you have picked to replace Sehwag? I don't see many evident choices, besides Karthik - he probably was the best bet from IPL performances. Kohli wasn't brilliant, Uthappa was shabby, Badri is not T20, Vijay never got enough opportunities...am I missing out on any other major fringe players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread