Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how can you? He hit six 6's a year ago, should we still congratulate him on that? Probably not because he's done a lot more since, some good, some bad.

Its like me saying Harmison SHOULD be in the England squad for his performance in the West Indies in 2004. As cricket watchers, we should comment on now! Not a year and more before!

I am not saying that he should stay in the team just because of those six sixes. But right now, he is India's best Twenty20 batsman (he has been a big hit in this tournament). And we are not asking other country fans to congragulate him. But we have the right do it ourselves and if other country fans hate us for it, we dont care!

Yuvraj gave a good example in one ball. I think it was Broad who bowled a bouncer to him and he backed away slightly and ran it down to third man. Fail to see why the rest couldn't have done that.

i guess thats where the experience comes in.

We actually have a vague chance against Australia this time...

Right, I could have quoted several posts here but decided to refrain.

1. I have two new blogs up. :) -> sohummm.com

2. Congratulations to the English team on playing a good, hard-fought game and outclassing India in all departments, especially fielding.

3. People slagging Yuvraj off for the hell of it will need to eat some humble pie sometime in the future, so there's no point dishing it out if you don't expect it back in return sometime soon. Anyone questioning his six-hitting ability seriously needs to get their eyes re-examined because regardless of how good a player he is/how fat he is/how well he fields, he is still one of the premier six-hitters in the world game with his gift of timing and power. In that way, the T20 game is tailored for him because he doesn't have to play himself in only to get found out by a quality bowler (such as in Test cricket and to some extent ODI cricket) and can instead just go after the bowling from the word go.

4. Any team's fans can be expected to be confident after playing competitive and successful cricket over a period of time. India's performance over the last couple of years in the shorter versions of the game have been nothing short of fantastic and obviously fans will use this to "talk down" other fans. We saw the Aussie fans do it to everyone else for ages, yet I didn't see anyone slagging them off or the general Australian population of cricket fans when they lost (well, maybe some ;)).

5. Dhoni's captaincy has been well below par this series. This may be a result of the law of diminishing returns. He achieved so much so early that he's bound to appear to be a lot worse than he is, when compared to what he used to be. I hope that it is the wear-and-tear of almost 5-6 months of non-stop cricket (and captaincy) on him, rather than a shortcoming in ability. I hope the BCCI doesn't make any shotgun decisions on his future as captain, since I don't see anyone else with leadership material in the squad.

6. Let's not forget that we were playing this series without Sehwag, who was one of the key reasons we did well in the previous edition of the cup. Sehwag would have allowed us to play the dangerous finisher Rohit Sharma down the order and drop Jadeja from the line-up entirely. The BCCI didn't help matters by sending in a reserve wicket-keeper (Karthik) as a replacement and I can see how Dhoni was forced to choose Jadeja when he wanted an extra bat in the team.

Are you honestly telling me you think the Ashes to be an unimportant contest? Joke fan.

Yes I do! Thats a clear case of too much hype being attached to it even though England have been brutally murdered everytime they play that tournament (barring for that one rare case of 2005).

Dont worry mate I will never remove this sign. Just to keep remembering again and again to all English fans;) whenever they say anything when india lose:rolleyes:
That sums it up tbh. If you can have a go at them, why can't they? When you try to irritate someone with non-sense posting, why can't they retaliate?

If you have a go at someone, you should be ready to face the same as well, instead of this whole complaining.

It is very sad to observe that none talked about Yusuf Pathan's one handed SIX! I have seen such kind of shots from Hayden. It was amazing to see that one handed six. :eek:

Leave that pity young inexperienced guy, Jadeja. Lets talk about that amazing one handed six from Yusuf! :D

Will the Ashes be this fun?
Probably not, because Aussies for all their faults do realise that when they've been beaten you have got to let the opposition have their moment in the sun. Something which some of the Indian fans need to learn.

what can we say about people who regard a bilateral tournament named after the remains of a burnt piece of wood more than a WORLD CUP! LOL..

The bilateral tournament without which there probably would have been no cricket and no world cup. I regard you as a complete fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread