Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this lol. Dhoni has been horrific as captain in the last two matches.

In this series rather. But the way he set up the trap for Wright by having a leg slip and trapping the early wicket was perfect. Even commentators were saying like, " What is the use of having Pathan, he is standing in vain " and the very next moment, Dhoni's plan worked out.

Dhoni can't help too much when the fielding/bowling are below as per the benchmarks. Compared to Ireland, England, SA, West Indies bowling, our bowling is nothing! None of the fast bowlers have been the key. Remember last time, Pathan Sree and RP played a quite crucial role almost in each and every game. Irish bowling has been tremendous and far better than Indian bowling! Yesterday the way they bowled to Sri Lankans was delightful to watch. None of the Indian pace bowlers impressed. So the History continues.. i.e, the fast bowling leading being one of the terrific failures in this series. Hopefully, the blind selectors doesn't go in search of Balaji or Munaf because of all these. It would have even more worse impact if they do so! :p

I would say, it is a good test for Dhoni's captaincy. I am sure he will overcome it.

surendar added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

sending jadeja up the order was a big mistake

I know it is painful to accept but it is not at all a mistake. :noway With Yuvi being the main trump card, and the fall of top order miserably there is nothing that Jadeja could have done. Even if Dhoni would have come up in place of Jadeja, he would have done the same. We have seen it many times too, i.e innings building when the collapse occured.

I would say, Gambhir being an aggressive opener, he should have shouldered the responsibility. But he horribly struggled as well.

Anyways, past is past. We need to sort out the bowling and fielding standards first.

I am sad that one of the most exciting team has gone out this early. But Sometimes Indian media blows it way out of proportion. I mean I was sick of listening to "yeh cup kahee nahee jaeiga" crap at star-espn. Anyway bad luck India. We have got two Asian teams left and unless we have to face South Africa in semis I think We will make it to the finals.
And yeah we have to beat Ireland. I still remember that stinging defeat in world cup 2007

India is already out of the T20 WC, and don't be overjoy English you are next in the list ;) then go back home and start practice your "Ashes" (our Gulli cricket > Ashes)

Well played KP and well bowled Sidebottom :clap

Y Pathan should have come up in the batting order...
RP Singh was bowling well,he bowled 3 overs for 13 runs,why he wasnt given 1 more over? Where as I Sharma has always been giving lots of runs
Some things will never be explained. Like why Irfan Pathan, who was clearly the pick of our pace bowlers against the Windies with 1/9 off his 2 overs didn't bowl his quota the other day and was dropped today. I don't know what this fascination is that Dhoni has with Ishant Sharma. He's a poor bowler in limited overs cricket and especially Twenty20 cricket, where he's taken only 4 wickets in 8 games and gone at almost 9 runs an over.

Some things will never be explained. Like why Irfan Pathan, who was clearly the pick of our pace bowlers against the Windies with 1/9 off his 2 overs didn't bowl his quota the other day and was dropped today. I don't know what this fascination is that Dhoni has with Ishant Sharma. He's a poor bowler in limited overs cricket and especially Twenty20 cricket, where he's taken only 4 wickets in 8 games and gone at almost 9 runs an over.
Yeah exactly, and dropping Pathan for Ravindra Jadeja to "up the ante in the batting department"? I'm 100% sure Pathan can bat much better than Ravi Jadeja, atleast run a ball!

Why was Praghyan Ojha dropped aswell is out of my mind aswell.

I would say, Gambhir being an aggressive opener, he should have shouldered the responsibility. But he horribly struggled as well.
This was one of the few times in the tournament that Gambhir actually looked fluent. He had packed away the pull shot, too, so that he wouldn't get out off a top-edged shot. However, Jadeja really did nothing. He didn't rotate the strike, he didn't hit boundaries. Of the 35 balls Jadeja faced, 19 were dots. That's not unacceptable almost in any Twenty20 scenario. It was Jadeja's inability to do anything in this game that made Gambhir play a silly shot in order to push the RR up and for Yuvi and the remaining batsmen to come in under a lot of pressure from the required run rate.

Without trying to fan the flames we are a terrible 20-20 side, but anything can happen in this form of cricket.

9 out of 10 times India would probably have chased that total but they made some mistakes and England played a near perfect fielding game.

I'll be surprised if we Beat West Indies, but not as surprised as i was that we beat India.

It was surprising that Dhoni moved himself down the order. He is a far more consistent batter these days and has the ability to play the big shot. Jadeja is inexperienced so no idea why you would put so much pressure on him.

It was surprising that Dhoni moved himself down the order. He is a far more consistent batter these days and has the ability to play the big shot. Jadeja is inexperienced so no idea why you would put so much pressure on him.
I think Dhoni is spent captaining after the IPL 2 where he led the Chennai Super Kings, the series' before that and then this one. Too bad we don't have that much of a break before we head to the West Indies.

Is it so hard for Dhoni and Gary to understand that RP,PK,and I.pathan are way better than out of form I.Sharma.Team selection was pathetic. We have bowlers like Y.pathan,S.Raina and R.sharma and Y.singh and even then they chose 5 bowlers. I don't know y Dhoni is displaying such stupidity.He was a great captain even in the IPL 2 and suddenly in this tournament he seems to be lost his plot completely. I think selectors will consider Dhoni 's pathtic batting display.He seems to be an energetic and fearless batsman in the past, but now his awesome batting is really affecting the team.He is no more leading India from the front.

I beg to differ. Dhoni has made me feel that he now has an inability to play a big shot. Especially the last game.

He was bloody hitting for singles when we needed 19 off 6 balls! If you don't take risks then, I don't know when you do. If you wanted to see risk, have a look at Pathan's strike in that over, it was quite a lower full toss but he took the risk and got rewarded, too bad it was too late a chance for him to do so.

Yuvraj's stumping dismissal was unexpected and heart breaking though. He could've so easily led to victory, he's in such awesome form. I'd have much rather seen him getting out bowled / caught rather than stump!

I beg to differ. Dhoni has made me feel that he now has an inability to play a big shot. Especially the last game.

He was bloody hitting for singles when we needed 19 off 6 balls! If you don't take risks then, I don't know when you do. If you wanted to see risk, have a look at Pathan's strike in that over, it was quite a lower full toss but he took the risk and got rewarded, too bad it was too late a chance for him to do so.

Yuvraj's stumping dismissal was unexpected and heart breaking though. He could've so easily led to victory, he's in such awesome form. I'd have much rather seen him getting out bowled / caught rather than stump!

That last over, Sidebottom bowled extremely well. He hit the blockholes and Dhoni couldnt do much except take singles. The damage was caused earlier by our top order of Gambhir, Sharma, Raina and Jadeja.

Yuvraj should have come in place of Jadeja. It was such a big mistake to send Jadeja in at that time. Dhoni should have had more faith in Yuvraj and the form that he is in.

And some English fans accuse us of being arrogant....:rolleyes: Really, seeing some of the reactions, where has all those "ideologies" gone? Did they grow wings and fly away? Now who's posting total rubbish after winning? Who's abusing cricketers and booing the opponent team? Who's carrying on personal attacks? :rolleyes: Great job. :clap Can't help appreciating it. And these same guys complain the hell out if someone slams their team. Wow! What a great thing to do. :clap: :rolleyes:

Anyway, better ignore those one/two guys. Bunch of twats :cool:

Now coming to the match part. Yeah, England deserved to win this. They bowled superbly, and kept us in pressure till the very end. Jadeja shouldn't have been sent at no 4, oh well! We gambled with him and we lost. Never mind. Failures are the pillars of success. Losing one tournament doesn't mean the end of the world, Dhoni still remains a terrific player, Yuvraj still remains one of the most dangerous batsmen of this world, (Ignoring those trash posts) and Harbhajan still remains a wonderful spinner. Now our main focus should be the upcoming West Indies tour. If we do well there, people will soon forget about this World Cup. After then there's the Champions Trophy. If we can somehow win that, now that will be something. Yesterday was a bad day. Nothing else. These things happen, we'll just have to move on with life. India still remains the third best side of this world. Chak de India! And best of luck MSD for the South Africa match. :cool: I will not play any blame-game. As what has happened is past, let's froget that. And concentrate just on the present. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread