Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know who to support in this game. I despise India with their double standards. And England are the old enemy.

But to be honest i was happy with the result. Dhoni=fail.

None of the Indian team = fail. UV King of sixes = fail (not UV, just the people who say this) Can't believe Indians are whinging now about the reaction. You honestly didn't think this would happen after the way you guys didn't shut up these past couple of years?

Dhoni isn't a fail. One match shows nothing.

This was the 3rd. Dont forget the IPL, where he screwed Chennai. He came at no 3 and played a test match. After the loss he straight blame the bowlers. What an arrogance.

You honestly didn't think this would happen after the way you guys didn't shut up these past couple of years?

We actually never showed this type of severe arrogance. If you can show me the thread where any Indian fan has written the lines quoted in your sig I'll be your slave for ever. The way one/two English members are doing things here..... When did we show this type of "don't care" attitide? Leave Max Dillon and Dhoni fan aside. They are twats, I agree. But apart from them? Some of the English fans here are acting as if England has invaded this whole world.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

This was the 3rd. Dont forget the IPL, where he screwed Chennai. He came at no 3 and played a test match. After the loss he straight blame the bowlers. What an arrogance.

Well, whatever- he has learnt his lesson.

We actually never showed this type of severe arrogance. If you can show me the thread where any Indian fan has written the lines quoted in your sig I'll be your slave for ever. The way one/two English members are doing things here..... When did we show this type of "don't care" attitide? Leave Max Dillon and Dhoni fan aside. They are twats, I agree. But apart from them? Some of the English fans here are acting as if England has invaded this whole world.

Just go into the India thread, you guys were there posting pictures of Dhoni with the trophy saying effectively how it was as good as home now, UV King of Sixes, members still going on about Broad from the last 20/20 World Cup and generally still rubbing peoples noses in it. No one is denying that this is more then likely a minority, but when you get tools like Max Dillon and bitter ones like sai, you have to accept it will get rubbed in your face. It happened with the Australians in 2005 and the Brits in 2007. It's part and parcel of losing when a match/series has been hyped up so much.

Also we know we aren't good at cricket, we're a team of bottlers (as Matt said) that's what makes this so sweet plus the reaction of you guys here :cool:

I have changed my avatar and sig, i sacked UV! ;)

SideBottom! a perfect example of beauty bowling! yorker length bowl! but still Yusuf managed 1 six, Bad Luck it's not that the England side were better but our Batting order failed terribly especially that R Sharma overrated tooo much!

I wish England luck, hope they make into finals ! and get the cup for their people! :D

Just go into the India thread, you guys were there posting pictures of Dhoni with the trophy saying effectively how it was as good as home now, UV King of Sixes, members still going on about Broad from the last 20/20 World Cup and generally still rubbing peoples noses in it. No one is denying that this is more then likely a minority, but when you get tools like Max Dillon and bitter ones like sai, you have to accept it will get rubbed in your face. It happened with the Australians in 2005 and the Brits in 2007. It's part and parcel of losing when a match/series has been hyped up so much.

Also we know we aren't good at cricket, we're a team of bottlers (as Matt said) that's what makes this so sweet plus the reaction of you guys here :cool:
don't forget precum posting pics of Broad and trying to explain that 6 6's=guaranteed failure of a career.

None of the Indian team = fail. UV King of sixes = fail (not UV, just the people who say this) Can't believe Indians are whinging now about the reaction. You honestly didn't think this would happen after the way you guys didn't shut up these past couple of years?

Your reaction (i.e. England fans) was much worse. Stop your nonsense. We did it on Broad, I agree.. Because we were enamored by Yuvraj's hitting. But we never took it out on England and their fans for the nonsense. You guys were clearly flustered by our reactions, our celebrations, etc. Why, even Andrew Symonds felt that way when we celebrated after the WC win in 2007. But its none of your business. We will celebrate it the way we want to. But teasing and ridiculing a nation after a defeat just because they celebrated is nothing short of NONSENSE!

And stop your nonsensical comment about me being bitter. You dont know me at all and so you're getting personal there when you call me "bitter".

Last edited:
Your reaction (i.e. England fans) was much worse. Stop your nonsense. We did it on Broad, I agree.. Because we were enamored by Yuvraj's hitting. But we never took it out on England and their fans for the nonsense. You guys were clearly flustered by our reactions, our celebrations, etc. Why, even Andrew Symonds felt that way when we celebrated after the WC win in 2007. But its none of your business. We will celebrate it the way we want to. But teasing and ridiculing a nation after a defeat just because they celebrated is nothing short of NONSENSE!

And stop your nonsensical comment about me being bitter. You dont know me at all and so you're getting personal there when you call me "bitter". I am not bitter.
You are bitter, pal, you haven't learned how to take it on the chin. You celebrate your wins, we celebrate ours. It is how sport works. When India next beat England, you celebrate and give us stick, and vice versa.

Now coming to the match part. Yeah, England deserved to win this. They bowled superbly, and kept us in pressure till the very end. Jadeja shouldn't have been sent at no 4, oh well! We gambled with him and we lost. Never mind. Failures are the pillars of success. Losing one tournament doesn't mean the end of the world, Dhoni still remains a terrific player, Yuvraj still remains one of the most dangerous batsmen of this world, (Ignoring those trash posts) and Harbhajan still remains a wonderful spinner. Now our main focus should be the upcoming West Indies tour. If we do well there, people will soon forget about this World Cup. After then there's the Champions Trophy. If we can somehow win that, now that will be something. Yesterday was a bad day. Nothing else. These things happen, we'll just have to move on with life. India still remains the third best side of this world. Chak de India! And best of luck MSD for the South Africa match. :cool: I will not play any blame-game. As what has happened is past, let's froget that. And concentrate just on the present. :cool:

Thats quite a good post. A few defeats and people should not start blasting this team. We played well today barring that short ball syndrome which was highlighted big. Luck didnt go our way here (we fell short by just 3 runs). Had we won, we might have fed the confidence to beat SA and might have gone all the way to the trophy win. Hope we pick up things in the next series.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

You are bitter, pal, you haven't learned how to take it on the chin. You celebrate your wins, we celebrate ours. It is how sport works. When India next beat England, you celebrate and give us stick, and vice versa.

We celebrate our wins, we do not tease the opposition so badly when we win.... Not anytime like those bunch of arrogant English hooligan fans who jumped and danced at Yuvraj's stumping, thankfully saving England another embarassment.

And we dont take crap on the chin, we throw it back onto its original source!

We celebrate our wins, we do not tease the opposition so badly when we win.... Not anytime like those bunch of arrogant English hooligan fans who jumped and danced at Yuvraj's stumping, thankfully saving England another embarassment.

And we dont take crap on the chin, we throw it back onto its original source!
That's why you got the reaction you did, there's no point throwing stick back to where it came from when you've lost, you have simply got to learn to take it on the chin or people are going to revel in beating India.

Yuvraj's stumping won us the game, I was dancing around the room when it happened. It's swings and roundabouts, if you beat us you would be delighted. The reaction of the Indian fans was worse because they have a poorer reputation than us.

Right I did somethinking last night and instead of thinking Yuvraj is a bit of a chump, I have decided he is in fact a HUGE MAHOOSIVE chump!
After all your UV KING OF SIXERS, KING OF T20 and whatever other crap you throw at us I don't suppose anyone remembers when Yuvraj got hit for 5 sixes in an over by Mascharenhas? or however you spell his name.

Also a lot of the Indian fans have been giving Harbhajan stick for what he did bowling that wide ball that then went for 4 but I don't suppose anyone realises it was Yuvraj's misfield that led to that 4 being scored?

All in all, as gooder player as he is he certainly isn't immortal like you make him out to be.

Was a pretty good game, and the reason Indian fans are getting this much stick is because they are a very good team and you need to learn that, take it on the chin.

Looking back at the match, why the hell did RP and Zak only bowl 3 overs when Ishant bowled four and Yuvi got 2?

And once again, why was Jadeja in the side over Kaarthik? If it was for his bowling, then why was Yusuf in the side over Karthik? They didn't even use Yusuf until it was too late. You got a man like him, might as well send him early in the innings to make an impact. No point saving him till when the match is lost. And Jadeja's bowling wasn't even really needed, considering there was 2 overs to go from Zak and RP, and we still have YK, Raina and Sharma as bowling options.

And then there was that bizzare batting effort...all the batsmen looked like they weren't even trying. Dhoni was knocking about singles happily with 12 an over needed, Jadeja and Gambhir seemed like they were asleep. And the not using YK till it was too late.

Honestly, if someone were to reveal that India threw this match deliberately, I wouldn't be surprised. It was just a bizzare performance and horrible team choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread