Tamil Music/Movie Thread

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Vijay looks a lot more beefed up in his body, which is great.... I really like this kind of Vijay, who tries something different. Though, that still where he is shown staring at some photos is straight off from Ghajini.

Nevertheless, good teaser... Hearing the songs right now! Not too bad for 1st hearing, but not great either.

RPHKR

National Board President
Aadhibhagavan's teaser. Ameer is a trend-setter and I'm expecting something new from him this time. Watching the first few seconds, I was confused that it was a hollywood film. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Superb teaser of "Aadhi Bhagwan". :cheers But I am worried about Ravi's voice modulation. He has the worst voice modulation among heroes, followed by Simbhu. His voice has ruined many good movies in which he has acted. Hope he has tried a different voice modulation for this film. His acting (expressions) though here is very good.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Aadhibagavan takes the cake on this one, wow, Ameer going out of his comfort zone, did not see that coming.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thuppakki songs are okay.
How many of you liked Google Google?!
Only one trailer arrived?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Thuppakki songs are okay.
How many of you liked Google Google?!
Only one trailer arrived?

I liked it. I am currently loving "Kutti Puli Kootam" by Hariharan. Even though its a typical mass peppy intro song, its incredibly catchy and Hariharan comes back into Tamil film music with a BANGGGG!!!!!:yes:clap

Its a very tough time as we have juggle between Thuppaki, Aadhi Bhagwan and Poda Podi songs.. Have to yet hear Aadhi Bhagwan songs properly, and Poda Podi songs seem to be getting good reviews. Its overdose right now in terms of music!

----------

Aadhibagavan takes the cake on this one, wow, Ameer going out of his comfort zone, did not see that coming.

Yep.... The trailer is awesome. But always in Tamil films, the trailer promises a lot but the actual film is a dampener. Also recently Mysskin moved out of his comfort zone with 'Mugamoodi' and failed badly. So I will be skeptical of Ameer's effort too.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Yep.... The trailer is awesome. But always in Tamil films, the trailer promises a lot but the actual film is a dampener. Also recently Mysskin moved out of his comfort zone with 'Mugamoodi' and failed badly. So I will be skeptical of Ameer's effort too.

One of my fears really, but tbh I have more faith in Ameer than I do in Mysskin. Hope he delivers another near perfect film with Aadhibagavan, love the title as well.

But always in Tamil films, the trailer promises a lot but the actual film is a dampener.

Hah, I know exactly what film you're referring to, Ajith's "magnum opus" Billa 2. :yes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
One of my fears really, but tbh I have more faith in Ameer than I do in Mysskin. Hope he delivers another near perfect film with Aadhibagavan, love the title as well.

Hah, I know exactly what film you're referring to, Ajith's "magnum opus" Billa 2. :yes

Not just Billa-2, many in the past.... I have been a die hard Vijay fan once upon a time and used to be excited by some of the trailers of his films, but when the film comes, it would be so bad... A reason why I changed to a neutral guy.. I still like Vijay, but only when he does good films. I am genuinely excited about Thuppaki. He looks pretty stylish and slick in the film. And Murugadoss is known to make some racy and entertaining films like Ramana, Ghajini, Dheena, etc.

Back on Aadhi Bhagwan - I like Neetu Chandra. She has/had the potential to be an actress of substance, and looks very beautiful. Good to see her in Aadhi Bhagwan. Hope she gets a good role in it.

RPHKR

National Board President
Time to share 'Poda podi' teaser too. Poda podi songs are great. Enjoying three new albums in Tamil. Aadhi Bhagavan, Thuppaki and Poda Podi. Three fresh and fine albums. :thumbs

525915_10151480486408266_818915203_n.jpg

Out of these, Billa 2 is my favourite but the film greatly disappointed me. So we can't really judge the film based on teaser.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Not just Billa-2, many in the past.... I have been a die hard Vijay fan once upon a time and used to be excited by some of the trailers of his films, but when the film comes, it would be so bad... A reason why I changed to a neutral guy.. I still like Vijay, but only when he does good films. I am genuinely excited about Thuppaki. He looks pretty stylish and slick in the film. And Murugadoss is known to make some racy and entertaining films like Ramana, Ghajini, Dheena, etc.

Back on Aadhi Bhagwan - I like Neetu Chandra. She has/had the potential to be an actress of substance, and looks very beautiful. Good to see her in Aadhi Bhagwan. Hope she gets a good role in it.

Used to be a fan of Vijay as well, from Ghilli to Pokkiri, now I'm just a movies fan, but yeah, looking forward to Thuppakki. Haven't really seen any of Neetu Chandra's films, Aadhibagavan should be my first, unless ofc I go back and watch her older films.

----------

Time to share 'Poda podi' teaser too. Poda podi songs are great.

Can't stand Simbhu, such a twat.

Out of these, Billa 2 is my favourite but the film greatly disappointed me. So we can't really judge the film based on teaser.

Yep, Maattrraan's trailer was alright though, #2 out of the 3 you listed.

sribabu

Club Captain
Among the films like Aadhi Bhagavan, Thuppakki and Poda Podi, I am very much looking forward to Poda Podi as other films are action entertainer. Poda Podi seems to be a romantic tale by a debutant film maker. Simbhu more or less depended on the success of VTV has been a chocolate hero for romantic hero roles. Now a days we have been spotting many English dialogues in Tamil films, which may be a good sign. Thuppaki seems to be on par with Hollywood as Jagadish(Vijay), army man who fights the enemies away from his home at Mumbai makes a the film a treat for action.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Booked "Maattrraan" for Saturday afternoon. Hope the Surya-KV Anand combo does not disappoint. Pretty excited about the film!:yes:thumbs

Thuppaki songs are growing fast on me.... Right now, "Google Google" and "Antarctica" are top two, followed by "Kutti Puli Kootam" and "Poi Varavaa". But "Poi Varavaa" is expected to climb the ladder slowly but surely.... Semma feeling song!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Used to be a fan of Vijay as well, from Ghilli to Pokkiri, now I'm just a movies fan, but yeah, looking forward to Thuppakki. Haven't really seen any of Neetu Chandra's films, Aadhibagavan should be my first, unless ofc I go back and watch her older films.

----------

Can't stand Simbhu, such a twat.

Yep, Maattrraan's trailer was alright though, #2 out of the 3 you listed.

Have you watched "Yaavarum Nalam"? Neetu is good in it.

I also dislike Simbhu... Can't stand him. Only good film of his was Vinnaithandi Varuvayaa, and for that too the credit goes to Gautham Menon and AR Rahman.

Can't compare Thuppaki teaser with Billa-2 and Maatran trailers. Its a teaser, the rest of the two are trailers. Out of Billa-2 and Maatran, I liked Maatran the most. Billa-2 was a mega disappointment. But I didn't like the first version too (Ajith's Billa in 2007). Wish Billa-2's failure stops Ajith from going any further with that franchise.

RPHKR

National Board President
Alexpandian trailer. LOL, even Vijaykanth will be shocked after seeing this.

RPHKR

National Board President
Poda podi songs are best of the three released imo,
If you don't hear songs because of actors and music directors but for the music composed.
Three recently released albums are very good, but to pick the best I will choose "Poda Podi". :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread