TAOC - Commentary Lines

holmie you are not getting my point. The thing i am asking for is that we should be able to edit the game.

I know there will be perfect things in the game. But think about the future. New players Come in, new kits, new bats etc. So we need to constantly update the game. thats why i am saying that the only the game's graphics and commentary should be easily accessible, nothing else.

There is no reason not to have nearly everything editable, because customisation can make the game suited to the player's taste. Also LM can't be expected to keep updating the game himself, so it needs to be able to be done as an end user, or it won't be updated.

Cool 'n' Casual said:
What's up with the team for commentary guys? When do we start doing the commentary?
It depends what side of it you are doing; If you are writing lines, you can start at anytime; If you are saying them (or want to) for the game then the best thing for you to do is post a sample in the list of guys willing to help thread, and wait for LM or someone else to add you to the list of commentators, and after that it's a matter of waiting until there is a stage of completion that allows the commentary to start (as in so the game details are finalised so you know the names to say, and the situations you will need to deal with), because it is best to do all of it in a short period of time (to help with consistancy)
Of course I am not speaking officially, and may be completely wrong.

But I did post written and well as spoken commentary a while ago and the few people that did have a look at them liked it too, but I have not (yet) got the official nod. Am I expected to do something more?

Last edited:
I wrote a mammoth list of lines and would too like to know if it is being used.

Cool 'n' Casual said:
But I did post written and well as spoken commentary a while ago and the few people that did have a look at them liked it too, but I have not (yet) got the official nod. Am I expected to do something more?
Just send a polite PM to LM and be patient, as the final decision obviously rests with him
I wrote a mammoth list of lines and would too like to know if it is being used.
If I can't think of lines to say I'll surely look at that for inspiration.

Any chance of the hilarious commentary from 12th man being included?

That would be a nice idea. Always loved playing Stick Cricket with his commentary

I have split this thread from the names thread, some of the posts in this thread should have been in the other one, so just ignore them :).

If someone has the time, can they put together a list of every event that could come up in the game that needs commentary, so everyone knows where there needs to be more work on lines.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread