TAOC - Commentary Lines

Pwhoar, an olympic runner couldn't have caught up with that hit,4! all the way.

Probably been suggested, but didn't have the time to look through the thread:

Boycott's traditional's:

"Out, out, out, out, etc...all feet no bat, gone!"
"OUT! He played down the wrong line, he was playing down Bakerloo when he should've been playing on Picadilly!"

That ball went so high it could have got an
airhostess down with it.

Sri Lankan score is running like an Indian
taximeter.

Wickets are like wives - you never know which way
they will turn!

He is like Indian three-wheeler, which will suck a
lot of petrol but cannot go beyond 30!

Deep Dasgupta is as confused as a child is in a
topless bar!

Indian team without Sachin is like giving a Kiss
without a Squeeze.

One, who doesn't throw the dice, can never expect
to score a six.

He is like a one-legged man in a bum kicking
competition.

The third umpires should be changed as often as
nappies and for the same reason.

"A man back in Row S has taken that catch"
"WOW He's Smashed that so hard its gone out the stadium and hit a driving car's windscreen"
"Oh this is VERY close we have to go to the 3rd Umpire"
"Chance if he hits" (You always here commontators say that)
"Struck in front, Keepers appealing but is about the only one"
"Struck in front, All fielders appealing, and Got him!"
"Wow this is a very high shot its cleared the hight of the stadium theres a man under it and Gone, What a catch"
"There's a hundred dollars for a lucky fan taking a catch down in the third row!"

Then we can see a replay of the ball hitting the windscreen and shattering it. :cool:

I think we don't need the ones that are in EA and BLIC. They are annoying after a while.

"[Name/ Famous deceased player] would be turning in his grave after that appalling effort."

"He's got onto that one! What a shot! But not good enough! Caught at [position] by [name]."

" An amazing innings comes to an end. That is some of the best stroke play you will ever see."

"It's a lovely day here at [the/ Ground name]. What a wonderful atmosphere." -Lawry :p

(At the start of the match) One of the most famous matches between these two teams were [enter years/stats etc.]

"That is a brilliant shot. But that certainly is not in the coaching manual."

"You cant set fields for shots like that". when a big six is scored

That's annoying. I here that so much when I play as I just keep on smashing sixes. :cool::p

Last edited:
TAOC might include a special "EA Commentary Mode" where the only lines are "Stopped in the covers", "You can't set a field for a shot like that", "[name] won't like that at all" and "Hit straight to the fielder"

I thought maybe i would copy some down off battrick.

Cricket fans there add them to battrick and seeing the TAOC is being developed and given ideas by cricket fans i thought it would be nice to show some of them

I will get some more later in the day when the battrick games are halfway done and more commentary lines popup

Attachments

• Commentary Lines.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
That's a dangerous bouncer! The batsman thankfully evades and initiates a ten second staring match with [name].

Courtesy of battrick. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread