Draft: The Baz-Ball Draft

The backlog of picks has been cleared!

@Supreme General I know it's your first draft, so just as a note for the future, please ping the next person in the draft order so they know they're up. Just helps keep the draft flowing.
@Aislabie is on the clock

My first pick here should have been the first pick of the draft:

7. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum :c:

No-one understands this style of play better.

@Naman7

I'm taking an all-rounder to begin. While maybe Jacques Kallis isn't the first name associated with Bazball, I've taken him first because he's a unique case where he can fulfil the duties of both a Bazball batter and a Bazball bowler. He bats five and will probably end up bowling first change in this team.

@Disharies is up next.

King Kohli

Virat Kohli will bat at 4 for us, his usual number in test cricket. Although many similar great names still available, selected him for the aggressive brand of test cricket he made India to play even before the bazz ball and this famous quote of him says it all

I wasn't thinking of a draw at any stage' - Kohli.​

Post automatically merged:

@Supreme General

This was a really tricky decision, but I'm going to go with:

1. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
7. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum :c:

I really think that there's a lot to be said for picking someone with all the shots and the instinct to go for them, then letting them absolutely run with it. Hayden also has the advantage of being very intimidating to bowl to, quite aside from his actual numbers and skills, because he's roughly the size and shape of an adult polar bear.

@Naman7

Harry Brook . I have seen it all . And he's here to stay irrespective of Bazball draft or any other drafts ...

:ind: :bat: Virender Sehwag
:eng: :bat: Harry Brook

@liveinasociety

Last edited:
04. :ind: :bat: Sachin Tendulkar
07. :aus: :wk: Adam Gilchrist

Every team needs an anchor and in my opinion, Sachin Tendulkar is one of the best you can ask for.

@ddrap14

Mike Proctor is my second pick. He's not the most aggressive bowler ever, but he can also hit a ball a long way. He'll bat nine and also be a Nighthawk for me. This also allows me to have eight batsmen, or at least batting allrounders, especially given Kallis.

@Parth D

Users who are viewing this thread