Draft: The Baz-Ball Draft

Muthiah Muralidaran

The Greatest of all time with 800 test wickets under the average of 22, the gun spinner who can strike and help the team to get 20 wickets on any pitch. Further the primary spin quota of our team is done.

@Supreme General

1. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
6. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
7. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum :c:

The vibes are absolutely immaculate so far. There are better all-rounders statistically than Stokes, but he defines Bazball at the moment just as much as Baz himself. Honestly when I'm done I'll be disappointed if this team ever scores at less than a run a ball.

@Naman7

02. :aus: :bat: David Warner
04. :ind: :bat: Sachin Tendulkar
07. :aus: :wk: Adam Gilchrist

He might not be the best batsman overseas but with a Test SR of 71 along with 24 hundreds, David Warner fits perfectly into a bazball XI. If you want to see just how aggressive he can get, watch this highlights package:

@ddrap14

I'll be taking Chris Gayle, who's the definition of a high-octane opener. He has a Test triple century too - it's not like I've put Dre Russ at four...
@Parth D

Time for another player that I'm shocked hasn't been claimed already:

1. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
5. :aus: :ar: Andrew Symonds
6. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
7. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum :c:

Andrew Symonds averaged 40 in Test cricket with a power game to match anyone else of his generation. He's also the perfect utility bowler, bowling away-swing or off-spin depending on the conditions and vibes. Add to that his difference-making fielding, and we have another perfect fit in this team. Surprisingly few innings in Test cricket where he really unshackled, but some of his 40 first-class hundreds are among the most explosive innings the format has ever seen. A 54-ball 72 in which he launched six sixes off a full-strength South African bowling attack also showed that he could do that in Test cricket too.

@Naman7

02. :aus: :bat: David Warner
04. :ind: :bat: Sachin Tendulkar
06. :aus: :wk: Adam Gilchrist
07. :nzf: :ar: Colin de Grandhomme

Not quite a big name among the players picked in the draft so far, but once you see the numbers in front of you, it would be hard to argue that Colin de Grandhomme has been one of the best test all-rounders in recent years. While his bowling is complete opposite of bazball but his batting is just the kind you need to bat with the tail-enders.

@ddrap14

Users who are viewing this thread