Draft: The Baz-Ball Draft

My next pick is going to be Kumar Sangakkara as my number 3. He had all the shots and an unbelievable average

So, two picks. Very well:

1. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
3. :aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting
5. :aus: :ar: Andrew Symonds
6. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
7. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum :c:
8. :eng: :ar: Gilbert Jessop
11. :pak: :bwl: Shoaib Akhtar

We're going with some enormous #batdeep here by putting Gilbert Jessop all the way down at number eight. That's because in his 18 Tests he only averaged 21 with four 50+ scores. All the same, he managed what remains England's fastest ever Test century by balls faced 120 years later. Incredibly, no fewer than 12 of his 53 first-class centuries came in less than an hour of play, and that's the role we'll be expecting off him. He'll also probably bowl a bit - he did after all get 873 first-class wickets. As if this wasn't enough, he was also a legendary fielder.

Shoaib Akhtar, meanwhile, took 178 wickets at 25.69, and more importantly took a wicket every 45 balls bowled. An important but often overlooked part of Bazball is a laser-focus on the importance of taking 20 wickets, and Shoaib is going to help my team to do exactly that. Akhtar's mastery of reverse swing will make sure that we do exactly that, no matter how tough things get. (Plus he's just fun to watch.)

@Naman7

Life is nothing without struggles & obstacles . Therefore , I bring in Pujara against BazBall + love to see bowlers getting bored against him ... :devsmile::devsmile::devsmile:

:ind: :bat: Virender Sehwag
:aus: :ar: Shane Watson
:ind: :bat: Cheteshwar Pujara :c:
:eng: :bat: Harry Brook
:eng: :ar: Andrew Flintoff
:ind: :ar: Ravindra Jadeja
:aus: :bwl: Glenn McGrath

@ddrap14

That was exactly my plan :angry:. Ah well, I'll go with my other 19th-century sneak pick. Only one spinner appears on the top 50 Test strike rates (after qualification), and he also has the best average of any spinner. Johnny Briggs, henceforth, is the ideal Bazball spinner.

@Parth D @Disharies make your outstanding picks at anytime
@Aravind. is up

My personal favourite bowling action, the legend Malcolm Marshall with bowling average of 20 and bowling strike rate of 46, can destroy any batting unit even today with his pace. He will be one of our main weapon to get 20 wickets.

@Supreme General to pick next

Just love it when two of my future picks get taken. But nonetheless I still have an absolute legend of the sport, the GOAT of seam bowlers and current Bazball regular, Jimmy Anderson as my next pick

1. :aus: :bat: Matthew Hayden
3. :aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting
5. :aus: :ar: Andrew Symonds
6. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
7. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum :c:
9. :pak: :ar: Wasim Akram
11. :pak: :bwl: Shoaib Akhtar

I spent quite a long time thinking about who I would make for this pick. I've had summaries written for the players I wanted to pick in each of my remaining four positions in the team - an explosive opener, a dynamic number four, a charismatic spinner and an explosive fast bowler. Honestly, the player I really wanted isn't currently available, and that is Graeme Smith. So often thought of as a scrappy fighter, at his best he was also a larger-than-life, domineering and dominant presence at the crease. Devastatingly he's already been picked.

But I can easily console myself with the incredible Wasim Akram. A truly legendary fast bowler with over 900 international wickets, he also finished his career one of the most prolific six-hitters international cricket had seen up to that point, with 178 Yes Bank Maximums. That's how good he was at his secondary skill. At his primary skill, he is arguably the best there has ever been.

@Naman7 again

Flintoff to bat at 4 , to allow Brook at 5 & Dhoni at 6 ...

:ind: :bat: Virender Sehwag
:aus: :ar: Shane Watson
:ind: :bat: Cheteshwar Pujara :c:
:eng: :ar: Andrew Flintoff
:eng: :bat: Harry Brook
:ind: :wkb: MS Dhoni
:ind: :ar: Ravindra Jadeja
:aus: :bwl: Glenn McGrath

@liveinasociety

01. :saf: :bat: Graeme Smith :c:
02. :aus: :bat: David Warner
03. :wi: :bat: Brian Lara
04. :ind: :bat: Sachin Tendulkar
06. :aus: :wk: Adam Gilchrist
07. :nzf: :ar: Colin de Grandhomme
08. :ind: :ar: Ravichandran Ashwin
09. :saf: :bwl: Dale Steyn

With Warne and Murali gone, I think Ashwin remains as the best spin option left. He has a bowling strike rate of 52.5, less than Murali and Warne. Plus he offers very solid batting. 5 test hundreds is no joke.

@Parth D is next, followed by @Disharies but seeing they are unlikely to make their picks, @Aravind. Can go ahead? (@ddrap14 to confirm)

Waqar Younis will be my next weapon to get 20 wickets, he is lethal with bowling average of 23 and importantly bowling strike rate of 43, the master of reverse swing, the best strike rate of any bowler with over 200 Test wickets, till dale steyn came along.

@Supreme General you're next.

Well I have Jimmy so might as well get his partner in crime and current nighthawk, Stuart Broad at number 9
Post automatically merged:

@Aislabie up next

Users who are viewing this thread