Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Australia-New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Australia-South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa-England

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay let me say this for the 100th time.

MOST AUSTRALIAN CRICKET FANS, DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING AGAINST INDIA. COULD NOT CARE LESS.

One time was enough. We understood your opinion!

One time was enough. We understood your opinion!

Its not my opinion. Its fact. Yes a few people on planetcricket care, only because of what happened on here during the last tour.

.::Stevo::. added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Even after the T20 WC semi-final?:p Or is this thread only about tests?

No, it was broad casted very late at night, and didnt get any media exposure. I dont even recall watching the match.

MOST AUSTRALIAN CRICKET FANS, DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING AGAINST INDIA. COULD NOT CARE LESS.

That is a load of rubbish. Weren't you in the country during the summer?

Even though the 2005 Ashes series was one of the most competitive sporting competition ive ever seen?

It actually made a test match exciting, i just remember going to bed late at night and watching the game, hardly slept either since it was that good, and thats something coming from me since im not a test match fan.

The only bit of the India in Australia i really watched with interest was the latter part of the Sydney test. Which we rightfully won :) (opens up can of worms)
If you in any way claim that England-Australia has been more competitive in recent years than India-Australia, then you need to read the aggregates in this thread. Including the last 4-5 (or maybe even more) series. One good series doesn't make the two teams equal. I'd have to look far back for the last time India got whitewashed by Australia.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Rivalry isn't about competitiveness.
Competitive rivalry is. There are many different forms of rivalry. Australia and England enjoy a historic rivalry or a traditional rivalry. India and Australia enjoy a competitive rivalry in Tests. Similarly, South Africa and Australia enjoy a competitive rivalry in ODIs. To pigeon-hole rivalry as being only historic rivalry is to look through only one eye.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Okay let me say this for the 100th time.

I suppose there is a rather

LARGE

disconnect between Australian supporters and players then.

Competitive rivalry is.
This is rhetorical, because you'll never get a straight answer out of a player on this subject, but I wonder if you asked the Australian team about which rivalry is greater, vs England or vs India what answer you'd get?

I maintain my point that both sides must care about the rivalry for it to count as a rivalry and I'm pretty sure it hurts the Aussies more when the Poms win over when India win. Ok Nobody likes to lose but against some teams it really hurts and of course inversely the joy of winning is so much sweeter against a great rival.

Ashes > Border-Gaveskar IMO

100+ Years of history > Recently Started "Rivalry"

I would be more dissapointed losing a Test or the Series in the Ashes than against India

Aussies wont loose for another 100 years to England now.

Look there is no doubt that Aussies want to smash India this tour , I know I want that. Aus-Ind rivalry is pretty huge at the moment but its not gonna last for ever is it ? Its bit like Windies - Aus rivaly , that was pretty big in 80s/90s but now its dead. I doubt anyone will remember this rivalry in 10,20,30 or 50 years. But Ashes now thats completely different. Its been there for 100+ years and it will last forever. We always want to smash the poms , its in our blood. ;)

I think Aussie players would prefer the Ashes urn compared to the BG trophy anyday. Its the same with the fans and any1 else involved with Aussie cricket. For all the Aussies (and poms) Ashes is more than just a game of cricket.

The ashes rivalry started when the Aussies and the Poms were the top 2 sides in the world. It was always a competition to see which was the better team. But for the last few years, everyone knows that Australia is the better side compared to England and its more of a miracle when England win against the Aussies. So the rivalry lost some of its heat when England became weaker. Now that the big names in the Aussie side have retired, the England team has got its hope back of winning the ashes and hence the increased interest. So, I conclude by saying that any rivalry depends upon the strength of the competing sides.
In that sense, India Vs Australia is looking like a good rivalry at the moment but no one can say if the intensity will remain once Sachin, Kumble, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly retire. So, this rivalry has a chance of losing the heat in the next 5 years. But I guess the ashes will heat up more now that more aussies are getting old.

Aussies wont loose for another 100 years to England now.

Lol :p You're like the kid in the plaground who wants to be looked at. If Australians value the Ashes more than the BG trophy, get over it.

Enough is Enough now it;s decided India and Australia are competitive but are not RIvals and England And Australia got 0 Competition but are Classic Rivals It Ends Here

Look there is no doubt that Aussies want to smash India this tour , I know I want that. Aus-Ind rivalry is pretty huge at the moment but its not gonna last for ever is it ? Its bit like Windies - Aus rivaly , that was pretty big in 80s/90s but now its dead. I doubt anyone will remember this rivalry in 10,20,30 or 50 years. But Ashes now thats completely different. Its been there for 100+ years and it will last forever. We always want to smash the poms , its in our blood. ;)

I think Aussie players would prefer the Ashes urn compared to the BG trophy anyday. Its the same with the fans and any1 else involved with Aussie cricket. For all the Aussies (and poms) Ashes is more than just a game of cricket.

So you're pretty much guessing that India will go down the drain in a few years like how the West Indies have gone through? The rivalry between Australia and Windies has taken a beating because the West Indies arent the same side anymore. They are almost like minnows these days.

Users who are viewing this thread