The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

http://www.battrick.org/nl/matchInfoFC.asp?matchID=1703935

I'm currently 7/269 and 389 runs in front. I'm wondering what time I should declare tomorrow.

I've set a declaration total of 310, is that the right thing to do?

I dominated with the ball last innings, but that was through shear luck that I was able to get 2 30k BT rating guys for less and 20 and go on to skittle the rest.

If anyone has advice, please give me some.
You're not going to last much longer, in fact I wouldn't even count on reaching 310. Focus on your bowling orders. Day 3 on a dusty pitch, with plenty of humid weather. One of your spinners has hardly had to work. Give your spinners higher priority and adjust their orders so that they bowl good spells, at least 10 overs, more if they have big stamina.

Also get your medium pace into the action. It devastated earlier and conditions are really prime for medium pace to attack.

Use some of your bowlers to box them up and a smaller number, probably your new ball pair, to be attacking.

Remember, even though the run rate is possible in Battrick, the amount of time is still on your side. You have a lot of time even if those big guns go at 5 an over (so remember to allow your bowlers a fair bit of slack). It's unlikely that they'll both get huge hundreds, so make them work hard.

orderset7.png

Here are my orders. I think that's about good enough.

I haven't put alwick any higher as he is abysmal form.

Impossible to do so really as different teams reach different stages. I for one am purposely losing on Sunday in order to save PFL, but others will no doubt want to do quite well and will fancy their chances knowing others like myself will play weakend teams.

Yes back up now!

Are you taking PFL over money? Wouldn't you rather have more money?

Last edited:
Them two are very lucky in the cup, they beat teams that are much better than them!!!

Why can't my team?? :crying

Effines Challenge​

Lets see how good you are at scouting ;) Find out the skills of the below players. No assumptions, I want 100% accurate answers...

No asking the real owner what his skills are:

Theo Grazette (1389354)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Plays For: Berkshire CCC
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 13,154
Wages: £2,019 p/w

Batting M I R n.o. Ave SR HS C st 50s 100s
Season - -
Career 3 2 69 1 69.00 102.99 63* 10 1 1 0

Bowling O M R W Ave SR Econ Best 5wi
Season - - - -
Career 0 0 0 0 - - - - 0

P.S. I scouted him and have already found what his skills are, He is my opponent for sunday and I am trying to find weakness...

Best of Luck...

Last edited:
Lord-Effykins rare tip:

How wages can mislead you.

So like I said, I was scouting this opponent so that I could give my best on sunday.

Thanks to him being an active member, He posts a lot in JFW and the WI sledging boards...

Here is what I found out...

On his first day he had a debt of 209k... He posted that in JFW and asked for help... All his training pops and youth academy pulls were posted in the sledging threads, which helped me calculate what his squad is...

Theo Grazette
Stamina: competant Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: competant Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Keeper bat...

And the second guy whom i removed later:

Nyron Grant
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble
Fielding: competent

1k wages... Really scared me at first...

Sometimes, wages mislead you :p

I know all about wages being misleading, one of my players does that very well :p

What would your estimate be for this guy?

Darrell Geldenhuys (1136625)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and useless experience.

Plays For: Yip Cabbage
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 30,104
Wages: £13,644 p/w

Batting M I R n.o. Ave SR HS C st 50s 100s
Season 1 0 0 0 - - 0* 3 0 0 0
Career 24 9 89 3 14.83 80.18 37* 71 5 0 0

Users who are viewing this thread