The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

i hav found myself in bit of a trouble. i just got promoted to div IV in england and BT has given me div IV FC league too....

Here r the teams in my OD league.

Reporter's Summary
seales slogger
Top Order: wonderful
Middle Order: proficient
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: quality
Fielding: woeful

Reporter's Summary
Delph
Top Order: remarkable
Middle Order: respectable
Seam Bowling: proficient
Fielding: feeble
Reporter's Summary
The Hammers XI
Top Order: quality
Middle Order: competent

Brokens Wicket BOT
Top Order: superb
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: mediocre
Seam Bowling: worthless
Spin Bowling: proficient

Reporter's Summary
BobbyJo
Top Order: proficient
Spin Bowling: strong

Reporter's Summary
FreshTeam
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: strong
Spin Bowling: strong

Reporter's Summary
Lepper Tykes
Top Order: competent
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: competent
Fielding: mediocre

and FC leauge is

Reporter's Summary
Baldos Bothams
Middle Order: strong
Lower Order: woeful
Seam Bowling: quality
Spin Bowling: superb

Reporter's Summary
Heathen Front
Spin Bowling: superb

Reporter's Summary
The Glosters
Spin Bowling: respectable

Reporter's Summary
Spofforth & Sputnik
Reporter's Summary
Goldenlion
Seam Bowling: superb
Spin Bowling: mediocre

Reporter's Summary
Barnton Wanderers
Top Order: strong

Reporter's Summary
Carlton Bobcats
Seam Bowling: superb
Spin Bowling: sensational
Fielding: competent

These r the ratings from thr last OD game.
and here r my ratings from last OD game.

Reporter's Summary
Umer's XI
Spin Bowling: mediocre

Wht do u ppl thnk the chance i hav to survive in both the league considering tht all bottom 4 teams in FC league are automatically relegated.

I say FC isn't too bad, with some good player management with your ratings. OD will be very difficult. Fight for a play-off spot in the OD, and 3rd-4th in FC.

Your team looks pretty good. Though your spin bowler could do with a bit of improving. The middle order could be a bit better as well.

i hav found myself in bit of a trouble. i just got promoted to div IV in england and BT has given me div IV FC league too....

Here r the teams in my OD league.

and FC leauge is

These r the ratings from thr last OD game.
and here r my ratings from last OD game.

Wht do u ppl thnk the chance i hav to survive in both the league considering tht all bottom 4 teams in FC league are automatically relegated.

Carlton Bobcats just got promoted from my OD league up to IV, he has an awesome all-rounder called Chibale. The stats arent everything though and my lot did put up a fight against them when we played them and pushed them a couple of times all the way, and with it being FC, you never know.

I have a doubt in YP.. When is the next YP? :what

I thought that it will be only after the training updates take place.. i.e Tuesday for India. But i remember reading Zorax's post somewhere that YP is today and for him(because of WestIndies), its Sunday.

I am yet to make YP.. Had my financial updates. Just now i crossed 35 ITS.. so i am waiting for the YP. :)

How did you guys go for round 2? I am facing a team that I am confident I can beat.

Aussie Bombers Advanx Aardvarx
Top Order: mediocre mediocre
Middle Order: woeful mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre feeble
Spin Bowling: useless woeful
Fielding: woeful abysmal

I'm on the left, that is my team at full strength which I'll be playing. He's on the right.
What pitch do you think my guys should play?

anyone want a match becuz i havnt got a cup match and im Bored :( my team name is The kings of cricket be quick though

Something to favour your seam bowlers
I'd advise a flat track.

Aardvarx have much more strength in the middle order than the Bombers. If Aardvarx get assistance from a seaming pitch, then the Bombers top order will be under pressure, as the rest of the order will crumble if exposed. On the other hand, if the Bombers get assistance, the Aardvarx middle order is just as strong as the top and they will hold up better.

Take a batting pitch, so the bulk of the batting is done by the top orders, which are equally rated. Trust in your bowlers to fair better in tough conditions than his weaker bowlers; again, if the top orders are equal, then his bowlers should go for more runs.

This is only a rough estimate, though. You should scout him and consider
a. clues - a tricky one. His favourite pitch might tell you what he thinks of his team, which is better than you having to piece it all together. See what you can dig up.
b. trump players and composition; for example, is part of his team consistently mediocre or one star mixed with weak players to create a mediocre rating? Try to figure out if he relies on one player for runs or wickets. You can also determine if he is relying on four or five or six batsmen. The longer the order, the better it seems to do in a chase.
c. fitness; does he have a trainee who is skilled but struggling to have impact? Players out of fitness or form can smokescreen the actual quality of a side.

AA, I'm not going flat. That's his favourite ground. I've decided to play 2 spinners on a dusty pitch. I'm hoping that he will play all seamers, and by using a dusty pitch, his seamers won't have much effect.

Sweet got a Div 5 team and hes all feeble according to his last cup game. My only problem is I'm playing the 2nd place guy in my league game so looks like I'll be PAN and resting some players from my FC game.

Users who are viewing this thread