The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

I assume you are talking about the English YP from last season named Geraint Jones? He was posted in JFW.me.uk quite a while back. Batting and keeping skills seem spot on...

Well, big day in the Shield today, second semi. Hope Gilroy gets some runs again, he only scored 35 in my league match on Friday. Ah well, he can't get a hundred every game :p

Well, I've won the toss in my match today against Spin and am going to bat.
My lineup for today:
TT Lions have picked Hodge, Cox, Conelly, Crouch, Butcher, Shipp, Dennis, Bolder, Andrews, Atkinson, Tuckett.
Cracked pitch, should be a crushing win for me :)

i dont know, spinners sell for a lot now

Current Bid:
?1,020,001 by Men who play with balls

bought him the eve before the last match of last season for 525ishk

pretty much doubled my money, bids possibly still coming in

i thought he wouldnt sell at 750k, wow

I think it is beacuse the market has really inflated in the last 3 or so weeks. More and more people are buying backups for FC games, ready made players at that, not trainees. Also, stamina is a big issue now. Feeble on a spinner which such good bowling stats is a huge bonus. Really is a sellers market now.

I got some pop ups today....

Ashley Dewar - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,576
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, competent bowling form, lively
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

Barkat Zaidi - 20 yo, BT Rating=21,556
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

you got an immense player there...had some pops muself...one of my players with good secondaries went to medicore and another player went to comptent in consistency...

oh ym god, just under 1.2 and i pmed a couple of bidders, only 2 got back and they are both willing to go to around 1.3/4 million i think

trying to by a bowler who can bat a bit, (prof/comp) and then another pure bowler, then save for a batter trainee next season

Stiles is turning into a great player.

Bill Stiles - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,401
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fatigued
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

The fact that he's fatigued (4 nets and 2 matches most weeks) means that he's not performing very well at the moment, but I don't really have anyone else I can fit into my squad - I'm short of batsmen and out of money - not in the red, but I certainly don't have the funds for another good player. I'm managing to give him a break this Friday, but I excpect I'll need him for the Shield Final on Sunday. Should I take him off nets this week?

no, if the shield final is this sunday, it wouldnt effect it as the next training takes place next monday, after the final

I had a couple of decent pops. Derek Hoult popped to respectable in stamina, so is going to be a great allrounder with his primaries being strong in batting and respectable in bowling. Also a concentration pop for my young trainee and a fielding pop as well.

Darren Allardyce - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,147
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

What a superstar he's turning out to be eh? Second week proficient as well, so he might actually pop to strong batting in a couple of weeks. Abysmal fiedling looks better than worthless too.

Users who are viewing this thread