ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Youth Academy

What has the youth academy got in store for us today? Lets see:

No ITS

And we get:

Carl Duncan
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Battrick Rating: 20
Wages: ?250 p/w

Coach's Comments:
Can't bat for his life, can't bowl, can't field. Doesn't wicketkeep, highly inconsistent, has a lack of concentration, and tires after a short period.

Manager's Thoughts:
Dunc-an him in some hot tar! Fired!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Geniuses sneak home in high scoring thriller
Lions put up valiant fight but just fall out in the end
scorecard0ap.jpg

A thrilling match here at the Lion Stands. Heroic efforts from Crouch and Cox weren't enough as the Geniuses sneaked home by 6 wickets with just 3 balls to spare in a high scoring thriller. Hoult lead the Geniuses's batting with a fine 95, with good knocks around from Mears, Holme and Udabadalawa to stear them home in a 'clinical' runchase. Crouch led the way fro the Lions, playing a fabulous knock and being stuck agonizingly on 99 not out, and taing 3 wickets to boot. Cox played a wonderful innings too.
We won the toss and elected to bat. Going in with a reversed order seemed like a terrible mistake - We were 12/4 after 5 overs! Rudi batted well before he had to depart, and Delop got out to a dubious LBW decisions. Dunn didn't last long, and it didn't take long for the Lions to be realing at 81/7. But then Cox and Crouch played magical innings, putting up an amazing 196 run partnership for the eigth wicket. Cox departed for 90 on the first ball off the over. But the stage was set for Ryan Crouch - he was on 98, with 4 balls to go after Dennis took a single. He ran a qucik run, leaving him on 99 with 3 balls to spare. However, Arthur smacked the next ball for a boundary. 2 balls to go. But then Crouch showed us what he was made of - Dennis flicked one to deep midwicket, they ran the one easily, but Crouch pushed for the second run, ignoring the fact that he was on 99 and had the golden opportunity of samshing a wonderful century. Dennis then steered the last ball away for four, and the Lions ended at a strong 289/8. Crouch hammering 4 sixes in his brilliant knock.
But Crouch wasn't the only one to miss a century - opener Hoult made a stellar 95 before missing a straight ball from none other than Crouch. But it was his innings which was vital to the teams victory, especially after the Cricket Geniuses's best batsman Mapes got out to a second ball duck, clipping Drayton straight to Atkinson at square leg who held a fantastic tumbling catch. Holmes and Mears made fantastic fifties too, and at 206/3 after 40 overs the match was well set. But Udabadalawa and Burnip held their nerves and just crossed the line with 3 balls to spare.

Ratings:
To my suprise, it actually came out better than Adarsh's! But his high primary-low secondary players just trumped my low primary-high secondary players. Could have been anyone's game honestly. My best ratings of the season.
ratings1om.jpg

Income
Just ?7111
attendance9bj.jpg

Tune in on Friday as the TT Lions take on the New Courlands in what should be a cracker of a match!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Down at the Nets

Sessions:

Ryan Crouch = 1*Fielding, 1*Fitness
Bill Tuckett = 2*Bowling, 1*Stamina
Lennox Rudi = 1*Batting, 1*Bowling, 1*Fitness
Anton Fallon= 2*Wicketkeeping

Stamina pops for Crouch and Tuckett. Not much else.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I think it's strange that whenever I play you, my ratings drop considerably. This was my rating last week:
Reporter's Summary
Cricket Geniuses
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: competent
Fielding: feeble

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Words from the wise

Groundsman Bob says:
I once drank 3 gallons of beer in one go. Spent the whole night in the loo. Not a good experience, but I got my name and picture on the Hall of Fame.
Moral: If it isn't going to be written in 24K gold and framed in a bronze showcase, it isn't worth it.

Thank you for joining us in another "Words from the wise"

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Match Preview

League Match 10 Vs. New Courland
New Courland CG - 24/3/06 15:30

After a tight match first up, this should be another good match. No reversed order today, but Fallon wil come up to three as a pinch-hitter. Also, it has been rumoured that a newcomer which the Lions are interested in might join the team in time for the match tommorow...

Lineup (probable): Cox, Delop, Fallon(+), Dunn, Crouch, Bunn, Rudi, Dennis(*), Atkinson, Drayton, Tuckett.
Pitch: Green
Match orders: Go for It
Bowling orders: b4&5 finish
Toss: Field First

Tune in tommorrow as the match gets underway!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Down At the Transfer Market

The TT Lions welcome a new player today:

Asif Bolder (54439)
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: TT Lions
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 6,969
Wages: ?809 p/w
Playing Role: Wicketkeeper/Batsman

The TT Lions strongly welcome him into the squad, and hope he has good success playing for the team. The TT Lions feel that he could only stregthen the squad further

Manager's Thoughts:
A fine wicketkeeper, should blend in well with the team

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Breaking News
Fallon out, Bolder in!

Wicketkeepr Anton Fallon has been left out of the lineup for today's match against Ogden Social Club at the last minute for newcomer Asif Bolder. When questioned on the last minute cange, Zorax Doom replied:
"We felt that Fallon has done a fine job in the past, and as our team grows we need to improve our bench strength. Bolder is a fine wicketkeeper and has a good record for his former team."
When we caught up with Anton, all he had to say was:
"Ah, I don't mind. He is a pretty good wicketkeeper from what I saw of him in his brief warmup in the nets. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to play so soon, but he is pupmed up and so are we. He has had more experience too and we could work well together. I have more knowledge on the pitches hear, and he is good at standing up to the wickets and it should be fun. And hey, its a day off!"
The Lions play New Courlands today at 1530 GMT.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Cash Transferrred!
Sri Lankan team makes offer spinner can't refuse

19 year old spinner Pat Cash has left the TT Lions for Sri Lankan club team Aura for a sum of $5000, along with various other benefits.
When interviewed on the leave, Zorax Doom said: "It was a mutual decision by both the managers. We here at the TT Lions felt that he(Cash) wasn't getting enough oportunities here and that his full potential could be reached with his new club."
Left-arm spinner Cash took 3 wickets for the TT Lions @ 180 runs apiece in 11 matches.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
New Courland humble Lions
Thackery and Broadmanl Shine, Crouch effort in vain.
scorecard2xp.jpg

Nat a very pleasing match. The bowlers bowled pretty poorly, as the New Courland batsmen were cheered on by the home crowd. They seem a lot stronger team that we faced before.
However, the most dissapointing aspect was our batting. Bolder sent in as a pinch hitter and Delop both wasted too many deliveries between them, and the wonderful innings from Crouch and Cox went in vain. But, we were beaten by a superior opponenent.

Ratings:
Pretty decent. As you can see, it was their strong to order which killed me. their spin bowling wasn't too bad either.
ratings4ep.jpg

Income
None, it was an away game

Tune in tommorrow as the Lions kick off their Shield campiagn!

Users who are viewing this thread