Story The TT Lion's Journey - Rejuvanated

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mpumelele's day in the sun
Keeper slams unbeaten century as Lions rout Harefield Village
scorecard6vc.jpg

A successful day of experimenting. Well, mostly.
Deane and Atheron-ham didn't have the best of days, but we were rescued by a fine performance from Mike Leonard and a couple of crucial wickets from Atkinson. However, 292 seemed like quite a large target. Fallon's bowling debut didn't go so well, especially since his figures at one stage read 5-0-19-0. I guess thats where his lack of experience kicked in.
But it was the batting that really shone. Lonergan played a fabulous knock, a blazing fifty that kept the tempo up. Atkinson and Fallon -both sent up the order- failed to do much, but it was a blessing in disguise, as Bunn and Mpumelele put together an unbeaten 197 run partnership. Mpumelele scoring his first century in his first knock in the middle order and Bunn being agonizingly close, with 98 off 99. Capitaincy seems to have had a positive impact on his game.
All in all a pretty good day.

Ratings:
Meh, I won didn't I?
ratings6bw.jpg

Income
Only ?6011.
attendance9px.jpg

Tune in on Friday as the TT Lions seek revenge over the Clueless Americans!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Down at the Nets

Sessions:

Ryan Crouch = 1*Fielding, 1*Fitness
Bill Tuckett = 2*Bowling, 1*Stamina
Lennox Rudi = 1*Batting, 1*Bowling, 1*Fitness
Anton Fallon= 2*Wicketkeeping

Batting pop for Rudi, huge BTR pop for Crouch and Fallon, and nothing much for Tuckett.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Match Preview

League Match 9 Vs. Clueless Americans
Lion Stands - 16/3/06 15:30

I'll be seeking revenge this time around after a shock loss early in the season thanks to overconfidence. An experimental lineup, a reversed order. Worked well last time I used it, so I'll try it again.
The pitch isn't quite green yet as I wished, but hopefully it will be by tommorow.

Lineup (probable): Tuckett, Atkinson, Drayton, Fallon(+), Leonard, Delop, Dunn, Cox, Crouch, Dennis(*), Bunn.
Pitch: Green (Currently Flat)
Match orders: Take it easy
Bowling orders: b4&5 finish
Toss: Field First

Tune in tommorrow as the match gets underway!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Read my preview, its a reversed batting order :p And I won anyways...
But a new record I feel - read Tuckett's score. 29 off 78. A slow knock, but consider this - Tuckett is a worthless batsman! Getting past 5 would have been a miracle, and here he lasted over 75 balls (78, which was the longest individual innings of any batsman in the match) and scored 29 runs - 4th highest in the innings. I am gonna submit this as "The best innings by a worthless primary batsman" :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
A match to remember
Lions smash Clueless Americans in a match filled with rarities
scorecard0ct.jpg

Obstructing the field, the worst batsman from both sides playing the longest innings of the match, a reversed batting order and 3 cricket balls lost made this match one worth watching.
The pitch was nice and green as I requested, done just in the nick of time. We lost the toss, but bowling first wasn't so bad, as we shot them out for a meagre 150. The highlight of their innings being the controversial dismissal of wicket-keeper Allan Asher for 'Obstructing the field'. Having tapped Tuckett to short cover, he went of sprinting for the run, Leo ran in at full speed, lept to grab the ball, and just as he was about to fling it at the stumps at the striker's end he collided in Asher. The ball had left his hand, but fell just short of middle stump as Soft just dived into the crease in time. Arthur went up for the appeal -being his usual aggressive, win it by hook or crook, self- for Obstructing the field. The umpire adjuged that had Asher not collided with Leonard, the throw might have made it to the stumps hence running out Sulieman Soft. He upheld Arthur's appeal, and Asher had to walk. Later on in the innings Soft it 2 sixes off Runako Atkinson off consecutive overs, and in both occasions the ball was lost -a rarity in the Lion Stands which is renowned for its large walls. Tuckett bowled a fine spell of 2/26 on a wicket not assisting turn at all, while Drayton was the only bowler who went wicketless.
In reply, the TT Lions "openers" stepped out. A bit of confusion ensued, but it soon occurred to everyone that the Lions were going in with a reversed lineup. However, they didn't last for long - Atkinson, Drayton, Fallon and Leonard all dimissed with 32 runs on the board. But Tuckett played the standout innings. Sent in with orders to bat out some time, he played the longest innings of the match, hitting 29 runs in the process, and losing another cricket ball out of the ground. What made it more special is that he is regarded by all the fans -an admittedly by me and rest of the boys- as the worst batsman the Lions have produced since the days of the free-wheeling Chris Gamble. But he has sure proven us wrong, hitting 2 sixes so far this season both while opening the innings! His wonderful knock got over as he chipped Ambrose straight back, which brought in Ridley Dunn who, along with Mohammed Delop, finished the innings with plenty of time to spare. Entertaining match to say the least!

Ratings:
Looks promising on a TIE. Might not be bundled out for below a 100 or concede over 350 against Adarsh tommorow...
ratings1qy.jpg

Income
A full house, so ?110,250 more in the bank :)
attendance4pj.jpg

Tune in Tommorow as the Cricket Geniuses seek payback against the Lions!

Last edited:

Briggsey

International Coach
Adarsh said:
You betcha! The time has come. The mightly lions - prepare to lose. Muhahahaha !
I've got it on multiview so ill be keeping a close eye on this one!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I am.
Oh, and now I can fill my 15K ground to capacity. I feel in a week or two another expansion is in order...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Match Preview

Friendly Vs. Cricket Geniuses
Lion Stands - 19/3/06 15:30

This will hopefully be a good match. The Cricket Geniuses are out for revenge, and we're out to do better than the other teams that have fared against him so far. Our goals are too:
A) Bat out above 40 overs
B) Score over 200
C) Restrict him to below 325
Here is hoping we can fulfill them all :)
Oh, and forgot to mention - We're trying the reversed batting order again :)

Lineup (probable): Tuckett, Drayton, Atkinson, Fallon(+), Rudi, Delop, Dunn, Cox, Crouch, Dennis(*), Bunn.
Pitch: Green
Match orders: Play as Normal
Bowling orders: b4&5 finish
Toss: Bat First

Tune in as the match gets underway in a few minutes!

Users who are viewing this thread