The Worst Ever World Cup....

iceman_waugh said:
I'd like you to just check out the TRP rating for the broadcaster in India.
Who'z watching cricket now ? No one !
Infact,its Formula thats going to heat up in India !

If you're talking about Formula 1, then yes, I'm waiting for the Delhi street race in '09. Go Mallya!

:)

masterkhan06 said:
No one Care about the world Cup in india and pakistan Now
I Watch it Sometime When I have Some time

How do you know 'no one' is watching in India? I hate when people include India w/o any knowledge about the audience. It would be interesting if you could name one TV channel in India?

anandbatra said:
If you're talking about Formula 1, then yes, I'm waiting for the Delhi street race in '09. Go Mallya!

:)

How do you know 'no one' is watching in India? I hate when people include India w/o any knowledge about the audience. It would be interesting if you could name one TV channel in India?
Oh Please I know lots of channel but lets end this here
don't need to fight :swords

1 Aussie :p not 99% is it? Maybe 99% was an exaggeration but my point was that most of the people who call the world cup crap are India and Pakistan fans

Leicester Fox said:
1 Aussie :p not 99% is it? Maybe 99% was an exaggeration but my point was that most of the people who call the world cup crap are India and Pakistan fans

hehe... watch this place for more non-Indian articles :p

Last edited:
Leicester Fox said:
Well its all the people who teams are kocked out of the world cup

charith said:
I dont think theirs netng wrong with the format. The fixtures were released more than a year ago and teams have 4 years to prepare. Ummm y cnt they win 2 games out of 3 especially if their a leading cricketing nation? I mean thats riddiculus.
Funny that you quoted my post and ignored the fact that I said "I'm not saying that the format should be changed or is bad or is unfair".

kodos said:
Mind you this current ICC WC do have several major global sponsors such as Pepsi, LG, Hutch, Visa and Johnnie Walker.
Pepsi is mainly in the game because of India/Pakistan. LG is a Korean company and is in the game because of India. I think if we look at what funding source this sponsorship comes from, we'll find that they are the Asian branches.

Leicester Fox said:
Being Indian or Aussie has nothing to do with the fact that the grounds have been sparse for many of the games.

sohummisra said:
Pepsi is mainly in the game because of India/Pakistan. LG is a Korean company and is in the game because of India. I think if we look at what funding source this sponsorship comes from, we'll find that they are the Asian branches.

Indian not Asian.

Let me go on record and say this. I, personally am not following this WC keenly not because India got knocked out early (even if India were still playing I would still not be watching).

The reasons are this:
1. The timings are awful from an IST point of view. I am not one who can stay up late night to watch a cricket match - even one involving India. For the record, I didn't watch a single match in the tournament (including the India games) fully because it goes way past bedtime and I like to sleep by 9.30-10 pm. The timings are not suitable.

2. I've been somewhat losing my passion for cricket over a period of time. The game simply doesn't excite or interest me as it used to, say even 6-7 years ago.

3. The Bob Woolmer murder. Call me cynical or anything you like, but the fact is, I cannot completely rid myself of the feeling that there are interests in cricket that go way beyond genuine commercial interests. The ICC can only control cricket and its administration. When it comes to dealing with match-fixing and betting issues, they need to hand it over to a professional and independent investigating agency and the police of the respective countries and act merely as a cooperative agency. I hate the way the ICC time and again minimize and trivialize it and try to brush the whole thing under the carpet as though it doesn't exist.

That's the problem with the Ashes. When Australia host them, it's the middle of the night for England and vice versa.

The crowds have disappointed me. 12,000 top attendance for a Super Eight match between the hosts and Sri Lanka on Sunday. I've been watching the 1992 Cricket World Cup recently and the attendance for the opening match was 14,000 and it didn't drop far below that for the rest of the tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread