The Worst Ever World Cup....

I don't think that cricket struggles to find global worldwide sponsors but rather the Indian market are more willing to pay more for it than the English, South African, Australian or NZ market. That combined with 1 billion+ fans in Asia compared to only 10-100 million people following from other countries justifies the massive marketing by the Asian countries. Rugby doesn't really have a massive country that follows the game heavily, it's rather a game that is followed but is really a secondary sport in most of the participating countries bar NZ. Plus Rugby is played in countries that are outside of Asia and those sponsors are of course more recognized with Europe in particular such as Heineken, Visa, Orange etc. Mind you this current ICC WC do have several major global sponsors such as Pepsi, LG, Hutch, Visa and Johnnie Walker.

I don't understand what Asia people talk about? All the money in Asia comes from India. Pakistan's team sponsorship is all of Rs. 7,00,00,000. Sachin Tendulkar makes that much out from one advertisement.

The total Indian team sponsorship is around Rs 5,15,00,00,000. Check out the total ad budgets of the various companies in India.

As for Visa, LG and Hutch; it's their Indian subsidiaries that are sponsoring the event. The global Visa(US), LG(S. Korea) and Hutch(i.e. Orange- Hong Kong) bosses wouldn't have heard of cricket, most probably.

Leicester Fox said:
Any chance of finding out who that was written by?

shocking isn't it.

Read this also if you have problems with Cricinfo column (just because the writer is an Indian)

World Cup is a damp squib
THE 2007 World Cup nightmare seems to get worse every day for organisers, sponsors and hosts.
Crowds are not turning up to matches, viewers are tuning out by the millions and sponsors are running as far from the event - and the game - as possible.

The horrors began early and spectacularly when Pakistan was the first team bundled out of the tournament and its coach Bob Woolmer was murdered.

While the World Cup could never really hope to recover from a tragedy and scandal of that scale, organisers hoped that the big cricket nations, or at least the hosts, could put on a good show for the fans.

Fingers were crossed that India and its billion devotees would drag attention back to the pitch, but the side failed to make it to the Super Eight stage and returned home with its tail between its legs.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21492690-2722,00.html

Last edited:
Sagacious said:
Read this also if you have problems with Cricinfo column (just because the writer is an Indian)
well it would be just because the writer is an indian seeing as 99% of people calling the world cup boring are India or Pakistan fans.

masterkhan06 said:
Well I Like Day/night matchs and in this world cup there are no day/night matchs

There are no day nighter as they can make for a lot of boring cricket - team who bowls second has huge advantange.

can you all just leave india and pakistan fan alone
if they Hate The World cup just let Do what ever they want.
I just wish they have day/night matchs they are cool

andrew_nixon said:
You're joking right?

Nine teams, all in one group, with a good chunk of dead games? It was an awful format.

Infact,it did help in eliminating the dead matches.
Teams were always on their toes.But in the end,the winner ends up playing 10 matches as compared to this edition where he plays 11 !

Drewska said:
There are no day nighter as they can make for a lot of boring cricket - team who bowls second has huge advantange.

Don't you think th day matches are also a bit unfair ?
The team winning the toss can extract the moisture ?

Infact theyshould start the macthes around noon and play into the early hours of the evening.This format was used when India last toured Pakistan.

masterkhan06 said:
can you all just leave india and pakistan fan alone
if they Hate The World cup just let Do what ever they want.
I just wish they have day/night matchs they are cool
yeah but just because they hate it doesn't make it the worst world cup ever. You might hate charity but it doesn't mean it's a bad thing

Leicester Fox said:
yeah but just because they hate it doesn't make it the worst world cup ever. You might hate charity but it doesn't mean it's a bad thing

Its Just What They Think About The World Cup
Some people will agree with Them And Some won't

Last edited:
Leicester Fox said:

I'd like you to just check out the TRP rating for the broadcaster in India.
Who'z watching cricket now ? No one !
Infact,its Formula thats going to heat up in India !

iceman_waugh said:
I'd like you to just check out the TRP rating for the broadcaster in India.
Who'z watching cricket now ? No one !
Infact,its Formula thats going to heat up in India !
No one Care about the world Cup in india and pakistan Now
I Watch it Sometime When I have Some time

masterkhan06 said:
No one Care about the world Cup in india and pakistan Now
I Watch it Sometime When I have Some time

Well stop repeating the same messgae over and over again! I'm sure most people don't really care.

Drewska said:
Well stop repeating the same messgae over and over again! I'm sure most people don't really care.
Oh right Calm down Just saying :rolleyes:
don't need to get angry :mad

Users who are viewing this thread