The Worst Ever World Cup....

sohummisra said:
The crowds have actually been pretty disappointing. The ICC is going to make a loss from ticket sales because not only did they price them so high, but Indian/Pakistani fans with reservations would have canceled them, for the most part. That's 11/24 Super 8 games where attendance will be far lower than expected.

Cricket-wise it's been good, although the rain has also been annoying.
For one, cricket doesn't make money off of tickets...they make it about of tv coverage. I don't think you could cancel your ticket for stupid reasons...you might not go to the games but the organizers still already got your money. Attendance as a whole is lower than expected doesn't matter if india or pakistan is out...it looks the the irish had more fans than india, why? because of the visa problem nothing to do with who got out.

LA ICE-E said:
hhhmm...i noticed one thing...people who say this is the worst world cup ever are indians and pakistani fans..hm no wonder...it may be the worst for you guys but not for the rest...there's been more one sided game in the last wc than this...the crowds are bad and woolmers death is sad but just looking at cricket this has been exciting even in one sided matches...india and pakistan being knocked out doesn't make a world cup a bad one...cricket doesn't depend on them...its been a fairly good world cup...
so u r enjoying that bangladesh and ireland thrash like children,bcoz of one match that team out of worldcup is not ur team good perfomance its our team overconfidence that sinks us,but if india and pakistan stay in world cup that we don`t see any onesided match or we don`t hope that its could be onesided.

iceman_waugh said:
With the Windies crashing out too,you really don't expect the home crowds to turn up for the rest of their games,do you ?

The ICC will make a loss.Blame it on the tournament format.
I mean,i'm not cribbing that India and Pak crashed out,but they crashed otu on basis of just one game each.
Come on,had South Africa lost to Holland,we would have seen the Dutch contesting the S-8.
hhhmm...no your wrong...you have to win at least 2 games to make it to the s-8 not on the basis of one game! India and pakistan crashed out not on the basis of one game but two! they lost to WI and Bang all they had to do to stay in was beat ireland and Sri lanka..they had a 2nd chance but didn't use it!

Isn't the format faulty ?
Well,i know for one that the ICC were heavily criticised for the Super Six used during the last two cups,but this is ridculous.A simple format should be in place.Have a two-tier system like the one they had in the ICC CT.
The format isn't faulty. Before india and pakistan was out everyone was saying how good the format is but now when they are out...you see all this whinning...This isn't ridiculous. This is a good format. You will have the best 8 teams from the group stage in the next round and then you'll have the best 4 four teams in the semis and so on.
The Top 8 qualify automatically on the basis of their rankings.
9,10 and the minnows can play out qulaifers wherein two can go through.If I say 4,that would indeed be a bit too much.

The 10 teams can now be divided into two groups of 5 each.Have a round-robin.The top-two from each contest the Semis.
Hows that ?
Not very good.
That wouldn't make it much different from the CT would it? why don't you just watch that? Its not fair you make the bottom to go through qualifiers but not the top 8? Either all goes through or all test nations stay... I see you still call bangladesh minnows...but anyways..that doesn't give the other associate teams a chance in the world cup. It's the WORLD CUP..and so you have to let the other teams from the WORLD to play it int! If you want that why not just watch CT. Don't blame the format the format is fine, no one would have complained had india and pakistan made it through...you have to give the associates a chance to play...looks like people dont want the game to expand...why not just make it a straight india vs pakistan "world cup" then there's no format to blame or anything...

shery_rsa said:
so u r enjoying that bangladesh and ireland thrash like children,bcoz of one match that team out of worldcup is not ur team good perfomance its our team overconfidence that sinks us,but if india and pakistan stay in world cup that we don`t see any onesided match or we don`t hope that its could be onesided.
UHh...have you been watching the games? i dont think you have...they haven't been thrashed in any game thus far...irish put up a good fight agianst the english and were in it until like the 33rd over of their innings. had they contain the english in the last five overs the result would have been much much closer...and if you call that onesided than aus vs sa was onesided...had india and pakistan made it to the next round you wouldn't see one-sided matches? serious? the same teams that lost to bangladesh and sri lanka pretty badly? and to wi and the irish?...hmm i wouldn't think so....

don`t forget how they lose again Australia and if u talk about ireland that they playing very slowly bcoz they only want to play 50 overs not winning the match.

really? i dont think a 20/20 match justifies it...for once they played like 1 or 2 20/20 match before while australia played a lot! so the inexperience got them somewhat. Seriously if you really watch the irish game you would know that that wasn't the case...they were going at it to win the game not to play 50 over thats why they went swinging and got out at the 48th over or something like that...its like saying WI didn't want to win the wi vs nz game just look the slow batting...they just wanted to play 50 overs...or the sa vs aus game...look at kallis's batting they just wanted to bat 50 overs etc etc etc...these are irrelevant comments.

LA ICE-E said:
hhhmm...i noticed one thing...people who say this is the worst world cup ever are indians and pakistani fans..

I agree, this is mostly sour grapes from Indian and Pakistan fans who can't take that their team simply isn't good enough. England got knocked out of the 2003 World Cup in the first round, i'm pretty sure people didn't go round knocking the tournament back then.

Last time england, west indies, south africa were out but since big money india wasn't no one complained...now some people even went on to say that the last one was better...its not ...cricket doesn't depend on india...

shery_rsa said:
for u its useless but for me its having point so we could stop here.
no, because there isn't a valid point in your criticism...

Drewska said:
I agree, this is mostly sour grapes from Indian and Pakistan fans who can't take that their team simply isn't good enough. England got knocked out of the 2003 World Cup in the first round, i'm pretty sure people didn't go round knocking the tournament back then.
i don`t say that i my team deserve that place in super 8 bcoz how WI lose matches against AUS,NZ,SRI i know my team its not deserving that place if they are their then we could hope that all super 8 matches its going to be cracker,this is my point.

shery_rsa said:
i don`t say that i my team deserve that place in super 8 bcoz how WI lose matches against AUS,NZ,SRI i know my team its not deserving that place if they are their then we could hope that all super 8 matches its going to be cracker,this is my point.

You what?

LA ICE-E said:
Last time england, west indies, south africa were out but since big money india wasn't no one complained...now some people even went on to say that the last one was better...its not ...cricket doesn't depend on india...

no, because there isn't a valid point in your criticism...
i don`t said that last time its right.

shery_rsa said:
well...hope is kind of like expectations and your teams doesn't always play up to that...just look at WI for example...so having hope doesn't really do much...guess what? irish and bangladeshi fans have hope they can upset some more too...so you might not have hope but the countries in there do...so again irrelevant.

i just said that if india and pakistan are in super 8 that all matches is very crucials

Users who are viewing this thread