The Worst Ever World Cup....

There is nothing wrong with the coverage or the commentary of this World Cup. They are being frank in criticising those who need to be criticised.

Also I dont see whats wrong with WI hosting the WC. Just the kind of boost they need. Two time winners of the competition and had not hosted a single one before this.

Despite India and Pakistan's exit, I am looking forward to the Super 8s because the four teams I thought would make it to the semis are still in the competition.

masterkhan06 said:
Is Probaly the worse world cup for most pakistanis and indians.

I fixed your mistakes! Stop complaining, I love my cricket. If the final consisted of Bermuda and Scotland I would watch and enjoy... Your team simply wasn't good enough, don't blame the world cup for that.

For me it's been great. Good to see other teams improving and making the competition more diverse. With a bit of luck, the next WC might see more teams with a chance to make the super 8's.

pb02 said:
I fixed your mistakes! Stop complaining, I love my cricket. If the final consisted of Bermuda and Scotland I would watch and enjoy... Your team simply wasn't good enough, don't blame the world cup for that.

For me it's been great. Good to see other teams improving and making the competition more diverse. With a bit of luck, the next WC might see more teams with a chance to make the super 8's.

What about Woolmer's gruesome murder and the fallout of the implications behind it?

To me that has cast a greater shadow over this WC than anything else. And I'm ashamed that fans consider India and Pakistan's exit as a greater tragedy than the loss of a great human being and cricket coach.

How can people continue in their frenzied mind-numbing ways when such an event has taken place is well beyond my comprehension. It shows the dehumanizing effect that has gone into cricket over the last couple of decades.

I'm sick of the commercial instincts that rule the roost... No respect for human life, no respect for the sporting spirit, no respect for anything other than sponsorship deals and money (the ICC included).

Last edited:
I can't believe some people find this World Cup boring... If India and Pakistan had made it to the Super 8s on their current form, they would have been thrashed anyway. I admit I'm disappointed with India's exit, but i still have my other home country to support, New Zealand!

Ireland and Sri Lanka have become my teams to watch in the Super 8s, one team has probably the best supporters I've seen, and the other team is lion-hearted. With Australia and South Africa going berserk, and West Indies and New Zealand looking dangerous, there's alot more excitement left in this World Cup!

masterkhan06 said:
And I can't wait for the 20/20 world cup and let just hope this world cup finsih quick.

No I won't is freedom of speach

A simple solution for you, turn the TV off during the World Cup matches if you find them so unbearable.

I am an Indian and do not agree with the topic at all. .It is a great World Cup, the only bad thing I see is Bob Woolmer Demise, that was shocking, still we have seen so many World Records Made and Still Expecting More. .And Yes the Topic was made out of Frustration and Disappointment. .I guess they don't like Cricket but just the Name of the Nation. India was thrown out. .and it deserved it. .same for Pakistan, Ireland and Bangladesh are there. .as they Played the Game as it should be played, as simple as that.

i think i m too angry after i saw my team is out,but after i saw perfomance of aussie and proteas i still think is gonna be good worldcup.
so plz close this thread.

man it always rain in west indiens I want to see a nice match like that austarila vs south africa match

harishankar said:
What about Woolmer's gruesome murder and the fallout of the implications behind it?

To me that has cast a greater shadow over this WC than anything else. And I'm ashamed that fans consider India and Pakistan's exit as a greater tragedy than the loss of a great human being and cricket coach.

How can people continue in their frenzied mind-numbing ways when such an event has taken place is well beyond my comprehension. It shows the dehumanizing effect that has gone into cricket over the last couple of decades.

Of course this is a tragedy. I was merely trying to highlight to good points of the WC. I do, however, agree that too many people seem to be more upset and saddened by the loss of their team. At the end of the day, as long as it's a good game I honestly don't care who wins.... The death of Woolmer is another matter for discussion.

In my opinion this is the worst Cricket World Cup ever. There are no crowds which build the atmosphere, India and Pakistan have been knocked out in the first round, the death of Bob Woolmer, Rubbish one sided matches like Australia Vs Bangladesh and to top it all off the matches are being shortened by rain.

hhhmm...i noticed one thing...people who say this is the worst world cup ever are indians and pakistani fans..hm no wonder...it may be the worst for you guys but not for the rest...there's been more one sided game in the last wc than this...the crowds are bad and woolmers death is sad but just looking at cricket this has been exciting even in one sided matches...india and pakistan being knocked out doesn't make a world cup a bad one...cricket doesn't depend on them...its been a fairly good world cup...

Nothing wrong with this WC at all, apart from Bob Woolmer of course. But anyone who supports a competent cricket team, as well as Irish fans, are no doubt enjoying it.

for sure! i am! became a new irish fan as well in the process...

It's a World Cup with unseen predictions. We just don't see it turn up like this.

Users who are viewing this thread