The Worst Ever World Cup....

masterkhan06 said:
Come on man lets stop fighting over this world cup thing
anyway I can't till april 28th when all this is finish
Well until then, perhaps you can post in the non World Cup forums here at PlanetCricket?

masterkhan06 said:
Look the super 8 is one sided because australia and south africa will beat everyone in the super 8

Shut up I didn't won't anyone to be killed Ok Because I am harsh or anything
And I don't care if we lose ok so Shut Up

masterkhan06 said:
And I can't wait for the 20/20 world cup and let just hope this world cup finsih quick.

No I won't is freedom of speach

Works both ways, you know

andrew_nixon said:
If you're not interested in the World Cup anymore, you might want to post in the non-World Cup forums here at PlanetCricket.

I didn't know there were any :p

I think its too early to say how good/bad this World is going to be. Imo the strongest teams in the competition are still in it.

Barely half way are we? So you're right it's difficult to judge. But so far the on field Cricket has been very good. My Mum and Dad have been getting into it too, if it's a bad WC it doesn't tend to attract non-Cricket fans does it?

masterkhan06 said:
Is Probaly the worse world cup for most people.
As Andrew has already told you, stop posting in the WC threads if all you're going to do is talk rubbish about the tournament.

nightprowler10 said:
As Andrew has already told you, stop posting in the WC threads if all you're going to do is talk rubbish about the tournament.
I am not talking rubbish I just can't wait till the final :D

masterkhan06 said:
No I won't is freedom of speach

Actually complete freedom of speech isn't allowed here (i.e. the ability to post whatever you like regardless of its consequences) - hence we have these rules that all members must follow

Please observe and stop trolling this thread

Interesting perspectives.

I personally lost interest in the WC after Woolmer's murder. In my opinion, it's just a game and I'm ashamed that so many fans are more concerned about their team's exit from the cup than really being worried about the state of the game in general. I'm seriously worried about the implications and the match-fixing angle to it and I'm sad that such a great personality was killed in cold blood in a hotel room.

I also think this WC could have used a better format. I personally would have liked to see more teams play each other in the group stages. Instead of 4 groups with 4 teams each, I'd have preferred 2 groups with 8 teams each. And then pick the four best teams for each group for the super 8s.

Every team would have then got more chances to make it to the top and we'd have had greater variety in the group stage. I think playing just 3 games in the group stages is a bit of a lottery and it was disappointing to see sides bow out before playing other teams in the mix. Also the groups were not exactly equally balanced, but that's more of a subjective opinion.

That way, the format is a bit disappointing for me. Yeah, I know it sounds like sour grapes, but really I'm not as emotionally attached to Indian team fortunes because I know they really played badly and didn't deserve to make it to the super 8s.

However, let's hope the super 8s at least bring a little bit more excitement in terms of intensity of competition. :)

Last edited:
As I said before,its going to be an easy Eight with the two powerhouses out.

To be fair,the Caribbean is not the ideal place to host a cup.
And why on earth does the ICC host the Wc during the rains ?

I'll be writing an article in the members article forum regd the Caribbean not being the ideal place !

Sticking to the topic,there is absolutety no enjoyment in the Wc,not coz India has been knocked out,but one cannot watch the matches properly too.I'm ruddy disappointed with the ICC's coverage of the cup too. The one in South Africa was by far the best I have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread